Elle

LDR10 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

"Did you really think I'd spare her tears

Just to save your happiness 

When I had no idea you were engaged.

After all of those years,

Did you think I'd spare their tears to save my face?

Must not have known

Who you were dealing with"

giphy.gif

Spoiler

Manifesting a song called Peace by Vengeance with this verse :true:

LASSO

lasso.gif

SEPTEMBER 2024

1 minute ago, Let the Light In said:

"Did you really think I'd spare her tears

Just to save your happiness 

When I had no idea you were engaged.

After all of those years,

Did you think I'd spare their tears to save my face?

Must not have known

Who you were dealing with"

giphy.gif

what

tenor.gif?itemid=9308137

let's be real, all you bitches wanna look like me

11 hours ago, sheepie said:

a while ago she said Violet is her favorite album and in her Hollywood Reporter interview she said "The music took a huge turn from Norman, and it’s been going down that path aggressively. I’m going to continue going where I feel the only next stop is, but I think it’ll be in an Americana vein." so I don't think we'll have anything like Norman for a while, at least not with what she's recording now. also betting that if she releases a studio version of Stand By Your Man it'll be on a covers album since she said she still wants to do one

violet isn't an album, i don't care if she says that but it is literally not an album. she is the only one who considers it one :bebe:

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

7 hours ago, Thunder Revenant said:

I think it was during the CoCC era ... I think it was after everyone hated the terrible BTS cover artwork

i looked it up, it was between cotcc and bb, but closer to bb release

i know some of you don't have the patience for listening to the judah interlude but i'd love a track based off of it, the ecstasy in the song's just too powerful it needs to be properly amplified 

saying it again, her part in DCMA as well. 

and the deepening of her voice from summertime's gershwin cover 

UV/Honeymoon

1 hour ago, Slow Dance to rock music said:

i know some of you don't have the patience for listening to the judah interlude but i'd love a track based off of it, the ecstasy in the song's just too powerful it needs to be properly amplified 

saying it again, her part in DCMA as well. 

and the deepening of her voice from summertime's gershwin cover 

i think that zodiac was based off of the judah smith interlude bc they both kind of share the same element of religion and purification 

12 hours ago, DCooper said:

In my dream last night she dropped a psychedelic rock song called Babylon and it was amaaazing :wowcry:

I think Lana is going to stick with the vibe she was giving for ocean blvd. I think that this was the first album that Lana wrote for herself. While the other albums she wrote were authentic in the sense that it fit her sound at the time, I think Ocean Blvd, was the first time we really saw lana as a person. I think that Lana is going to keep dipping her toes into writing songs that showcase the idea of vulnerability, her childhood (Fingertips, God Knows I Tried, The Grants) as well as defying typical music norms by giving us beautifully traumatic songs such as A&W. So in short, I think it's a toss up of Lana giving us an Americana album, and giving us an Ocean Blvd 2.0. 

I really want a shorter album this time. I want something concise like UV and COCC, an 11-12 track album!

Mm9Nf5Z.gif

"I want to stay home, be left alone- Someone make up my mind so I don't have to decide"

https://www.last.fm/user/fakeeyelash13- my last fm <33

6 hours ago, honeymooncd said:

I really want a shorter album this time. I want something concise like UV and COCC, an 11-12 track album!

i sometimes forget that UV has deluxe version with bonus tracks :toofunny: in my head btd has always been a 15 track album and uv 16 track album.

my unpopular opinion is that i don't like when albums are short. my ideal would be a 14-16 track album (that's most of her albums tho). it feels more full and i don't have any need for more. it's like eating a full meal lol. 

url%5D

On 9/25/2023 at 10:38 PM, Fingertips said:

Was with you until this distinction. Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd? is Lana's most existential record to date since Honeymoon and AKA, and I think that viewing introspective and existential lyricism as opposite ends of a binary does her music a disservice. I think they're pretty interchangeable. All of Lana's music is pretty existential, some more than others. However, this is the record where she puts her foot on the pedal and floors it. She writes about the most hard-hitting and universal experiences of what it means to be a living, breathing, feeling, and thinking human being that lives in societies that tend to impose meaning on us. Thoughts about having children, continuing her legacy, not wanting to be forgotten, taking the memories of her loved ones with her when she passes on,  the thoughts about her past negatively impacting the woman she is today. Those aren't just personal unrelatable ramblings from a mad woman''s diary meant for her and her alone, those are thoughts we all have as humans throughout our lives. That is by definition what it means to write existentially; there must be a contemplation about how one's eventual mortality often is what motivates us to create, to pass on a legacy, to make meaning. Writing something existential requires, at the bare minimum, for the writer to be introspective by nature. If you're not introspective, then you can't reflect upon or contemplate those bigger issues in any sort of meaningful way. 

If you meant something along the lines of scale in which she writes about, such as The Greatest tackling societal decay, for example, well the lyrics to that song and what was to come a few years later on Ocean Blvd aren't exactly polar opposites or mutually exclusive. Its just a matter of scale. 

Sorry, not attacking you btw, just wanted to share a different perspective. I just don't think that the scale of what Lana writes about over her last few albums makes her music any less existential. I actually think songs like White DressKintsugi, and Blue Banisters are amongst her most raw and existentially written tracks to date for many different reasons. 

Sorry this is a late response lol, I just saw this. 
I’m not sure if I’m explaining this correctly, but I actually do agree with you haha. What I meant actually had more to do with country style songwriting than anything else. And maybe I used the wrong word, but I meant that the topics will be more “outside herself”. Obviously, any song and songwriter creates will in some form be about themselves, but in the past records we have gotten a lot of details and specifics about her family life and her life in general, but if she is going down a more country route, that style of songwriting is much more like writing a story. I mean listen to all of Lana’s country songs we already have, Breaking Up Slowly, Hey Blue Baby, Prettiest Girl in Country Music etc. they all have a different style of songwriting than any of her other music. I feel like Dragonslayer is a really good example of what I hope/think it will be like, because yes, it’s “about” Lana, but you wouldn’t think that on first listen, as it tells a story, and the details are much less specific to her, I also personally love the religious references in her music, which I would consider “existential” . Does that make sense? Sometimes I’m not great at explaining my thoughts lol.

I think I said this in the Ocean Blvd pre-release thread... but I've always wanted Lana to make an album inspired by renaissance music. When Dragonslayer was leaked it immediately became my favorite unreleased song, because it was the closest thing to that style of music.

btw, Caprice is one of my favorite bands.

On 9/25/2023 at 4:50 PM, taco truck said:

still manifesting this

If it happens even remotely similarly to this I will cry (of joy) kill (anyone who gets in the way of me buying her merch) and then die (in peace).fe80e59dc0221573fc707d85f7676a81.jpg

tumblr_n9t9baKLaK1sj5r1lo1_500.gif

19 hours ago, unidentified dragon slayer said:

manifesting a longer album, 16-17 tracks, maybe 18? i don’t really want any interludes this time unless they’re good like stargirl interlude

On 9/27/2023 at 8:07 AM, honeymooncd said:

I liked both posts because I never know what would be « best ». I used to be in the « the more Lana the merrier »,  but I guess it has changed a bit. To me, it’s always a question of what the album is about. OB was so long, but it gave so many genres and it was such an eventful year for her, so it makes sense we got such a long album. BB could have been one song shorter.

another factor to consider: how long are the songs? If there are a couple of long ones, a shorter track list could make sense but if the songs are shorter, longer track list it could be. 

38 minutes ago, Cherriwinkle said:

What if Lana made a whole album and it was just this? I was so mesmerized by the live recording when I was 14-15, idk why but it captivated me. 

Yessssss. I would die for Body Electric & Candy Necklace hybrid album. Manifesting mors strings please :worship: