Elle

LDR10 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

3 hours ago, Blackestday x CN said:

Against the Common opinion here i think she will go back to these eras. Not in the way that she is copy these albums, but i think she will develop these eras. A&w, peppers, taco truck are Fan favorites and they are similiar to her older style, but with a new twitch. I see her leaving this piano folk path.

Mark my words!!!

praying you're right, I love the music she's put out recently bcs it's Lana but  enough with the jack antoniffication of music

1 hour ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

I'd love for her to expand on the original concept of Lust for Life. That was such a missed opportunity and i think she should go back to it. A full spacey, ethereal and dreamlike aesthetic with lush, ambient production and slowcore-like songs. She could also incorporate astrology into it somehow and maybe even make every track be about each starsign (as others have said), with atmospherical and ambient interludes inbetween each track.. the power it would have... she'd make history with it :trisha3:

I think the first step in that direction is hiring other producers, I'm manifesting

J7ydenn Lana Del Rey GIF - J7ydenn Lana Del Rey Honeymoon - Discover &  Share GIFs

dreaming away your life

1 hour ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

I'd love for her to expand on the original concept of Lust for Life. That was such a missed opportunity and i think she should go back to it. A full spacey, ethereal and dreamlike aesthetic with lush, ambient production and slowcore-like songs. She could also incorporate astrology into it somehow and maybe even make every track be about each starsign (as others have said), with atmospherical and ambient interludes inbetween each track.. the power it would have... she'd make history with it :trisha3:

Idk how unpopular it is but imo Ocean Blvd is that. Like very similar to it, to the original concept of it. The songs are very dreamy, lush, spiritual and ethereal on OB. I honestly think that NFR, COTCC and especially Banisters embrace the introspective contemplating and slowness of LFL og concept quite well (look at songs: Hope, Bartender, NFR title track kinda, Happiness Is A Butterfly kinda, Love Song, COTCC title track, White Dress, Tulsa Jesus Freak, Dark But Not.., Not All Who Wander, Blue Banisters title track, Thunder, Violets For Roses, Arcadia, even particially Wildflower and Text Book). You can dislike these albums and songs but you can't deny that the carried the same vibe and atmosphere, if not in every songs on those albums, at least in one of the songs on the album. You can see it since she put LFL era/2017 era recorded songs on those albums. It's probably the matter of point of view.

Imo the LFL og concept is the most overused, tired and perhaps misunderstood notion in this fandom because I can see how she fucked with many people's minds with the trailer but I can also see how the LFL demo fucked everyone's brains up and with the insiders descriptions all together. But I am very sure that if she released the album with songs like LFL demo, Yosemite, Poetry In Motion ect (I wouldn't have mind that really, PIM is a pretty song), I can see that the album would've been criticized the same way as Honeymoon was when it was released, and also the same way as COTCC and BB were criticized when they were released. I can imagine that Lana wasn't really satisfied with the original concept too (I can remember she talked about not being satisfied with LFL solo demo). She just found the right path the expand those ideas in new ways in the next albums like NFR ect. But I can see what you meant with it overall. I don't know why the fuck did I write an essay about it but nevermind since I've been in a writing mood these last few days.

But I do want to see more songs about astrology and zodiac signs. Maybe Zodiac is about that, who knows. I remember her saying in late 2019 that she wants her next album to be about star signs, she kinda sang about star signs in COTCC but I'm interested to see more songs about star signs in LDR10. :oprah3: What are the chances that Zodiac will be on the album lol?

url%5D

5 minutes ago, Embach said:

But I do want to see more songs about astrology and zodiac signs. Maybe Zodiac is about that, who knows. I remember her saying in late 2019 that she wants her next album to be about star signs, she kinda sang about star signs in COTCC but I'm interested to see more songs about star signs in LDR10. :oprah3: What are the chances that Zodiac will be on the album lol?

i agree with everything u said prior and i also think this! as little as we properly know about zodiac i can imagine that it was only scrapped because it would fit better on the next album. from the little bit we have of it it sounds fantastic and i imagine she would love it since she has such a strong love for astrology and not want to throw it away like that, it would be tragic

giphy.gif

Personally, I want more Greek mythology. I want to hear about how counting the violet pills he gave her was like Persephone counting pomegranate seeds, etc. etc. 

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

I see we have already reached the point in the pre-release thread where ''the fans'', who are in deep denial (agony) about the direction of Lana's career, come out of hiding and start going through a delusional episodes (usually about Lana making a ''pop'' album). Completely ignoring what Lana has said just a  few weeks ago (that the new album is gonna be in the Americana vein) or what her closest person/producer (Jack Antonoff!) has said ( fuck pop and trends... ''There's really no place to go but out into the fucking wilderness, artistically''). Also ignoring the fact that Ocean is a quite successful album and that the biggest drivers of its success are two songs which fall into the ''new Lana'' camp; Let The Light In (NFR style ballad, just more countrified) and Margaret (piano pop ballad).

So this narrative that she has to ''revert back'' to old style or go pop and console her nostalgic fans is simply hilarious and has no grounds in reality. But if convincing themselves that she'll wake up in 2024 and call Max Martin and A$ap Rocky and make a pop-trap album helps them sleep easier at night...sure, why not. 

8 minutes ago, Mer said:

Personally, I want more Greek mythology. I want to hear about how counting the violet pills he gave her was like Persephone counting pomegranate seeds, etc. etc. 

yesss because “Let it crash over me like the waves in the sea / Call me Aphrodite / As they bow down to me / Sunbather, moon chaser, queen of empathy / I give myself two seconds to breathe / And go back to being a serene queen” are some of her most beautiful lyrics, and i think that’s her first time referencing greek mythology in her music. she also referenced icarus in her latest interview so maybe we will get some more greek mythology in ldr10 ;)

there’s so much potential to explore more figures like sirens, nymphs, persephone, artemis, medusa, etc. it doesn’t have to outright drop names but it can just make references to their symbols such as pomegranates like you said. persephone’s story kinda reminds me of themes in lana’s old songs…her being kidnapped, hades being a “bad boy” of sorts, plus the dichotomy of her being a goddess of spring and death is reminiscent of lana. she is known for exploring dark themes including death in her work, but her style and personality leans towards being feminine and floral.

i would also KILL for lana making a siren-inspired song, maybe something with similar imagery to the line “waist deep in icy waves” or something haunting like ‘jump’ (“do you wanna jump?” reminds me of how sirens lead men to jump to their death from ships).

we’re gonna party like it’s 1949

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀  ⠀          ⠀     :¨ ·.· ¨:

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀   ⠀                  `· . ꔫ

27 minutes ago, Jared said:

I see we have already reached the point in the pre-release thread where ''the fans'', who are in deep denial (agony) about the direction of Lana's career, come out of hiding and start going through a delusional episodes (usually about Lana making a ''pop'' album). Completely ignoring what Lana has said just a  few weeks ago (that the new album is gonna be in the Americana vein) or what her closest person/producer (Jack Antonoff!) has said ( fuck pop and trends... ''There's really no place to go but out into the fucking wilderness, artistically''). Also ignoring the fact that Ocean is a quite successful album and that the biggest drivers of its success are two songs which fall into the ''new Lana'' camp; Let The Light In (NFR style ballad, just more countrified) and Margaret (piano pop ballad).

So this narrative that she has to ''revert back'' to old style or go pop and console her nostalgic fans is simply hilarious and has no grounds in reality. But if convincing themselves that she'll wake up in 2024 and call Max Martin and A$ap Rocky and make a pop-trap album helps them sleep easier at night...sure, why not. 

spilled!

2 hours ago, Psychedelic Pussy said:

are u insane? Taco truck is magnificent and such an interesting idea: remixing a previous album’s track and putting it on ur new album. The taco truck part is iconic as hell too. BUT I can understand if ppl don’t like it that much

However Peppers is LITERALLY the best song on OB. Like…. It’s giving something that she hasn’t given since 2014. Period

girl how is remixing an old demo an interesting idea :oprah7:

i can see why people like it but i just dont think hearing venice bitch again was that groundbreaking, but maybe thats because i never cared for it to begin with

its even more annoying when the song taco truck was actually good too, why she decided to not expand that song just irritates me lmao

and naaa peppers isn't the serve some of ya'll think, it's catchy but sounds flat and underwhelming, it just has that demo sound to it - also it doesn't help that 50% of it is just a sample of another song

I'd prefer songs like that from lana if she were to drop them as standalone singles or... dedicate an entire album with that vibe. But if you'e just gonna dump them on the back of an almost perfectly beautiful album, of course they're gonna look cheap

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

12 hours ago, Thats why they call me Dita said:

I really do not want Disney vibes? But all those songs (with exception of once upon a dream) are the kind of direction I’d welcome 

plus anything in the vein of heroin or the jon batiste interlude, something floaty :flutter:

Maybe Disney was the wrong word! What I meant was something ethereal and atmospheric that I could see being used in those old unreleased Lana edits with the vintage cartoons and such :P

but yes floaty and heroin-like is definitely something I’d love

10 minutes ago, Nightcall said:

Maybe Disney was the wrong word! What I meant was something ethereal and atmospheric that I could see being used in those old unreleased Lana edits with the vintage cartoons and such :P

but yes floaty and heroin-like is definitely something I’d love

Also ??? I don’t think there was anything wrong with liking the idea of a banger from Lana in 2023. And I didn’t say she needed to do anything or was going to. I love everything she releases pretty much. If I actually sounded in agony, that was not my intention lol 

To be honest, when people use the term “banger” I always think of current chart music which to me is really flat and basic, but Lana did do songs which were really up beat and poppy on OB and I loved them! So, when she does it, I’m clearly not against it! I welcome whatever direction she wants to go in, but I definitely have a preference for the psychedelic sound, only because my music taste aside from Lana is stuck in the 70s haha!

S0F1O.gif
dancing all night to the dirty blues 

2 hours ago, Mer said:

No offense but that sounds like tge most cheesy thing ever

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

35 minutes ago, Thats why they call me Dita said:

To be honest, when people use the term “banger” I always think of current chart music which to me is really flat and basic, but Lana did do songs which were really up beat and poppy on OB and I loved them! So, when she does it, I’m clearly not against it! I welcome whatever direction she wants to go in, but I definitely have a preference for the psychedelic sound, only because my music taste aside from Lana is stuck in the 70s haha!

Oops, that part wasn’t directed at you so my apologies if I sounded like I was coming at you or anything but yes! I generally love the dreamy psychedelic sound from Lana too. Ig when I say banger I don’t mean something Ariana or taylor might have on the radio. I was thinking  like Serene Queen or Art Deco. 

If the next album is Americana it will be interesting to see if Lana puts her on spin on it like Yosemite with the atmospheric sounds

Lana and Jack have been dropping clues all year long,  I'm definitely expecting them to do a left turn but more lyrically than sonically.

I could totally see them make an album full of dark humor and scathing satire at this point. And it would be quite refreshing.

3 hours ago, Jared said:

Lana and Jack have been dropping clues all year long,  I'm definitely expecting them to do a left turn but more lyrically than sonically.

I could totally see them make an album full of dark humor and scathing satire at this point. And it would be quite refreshing.

You know what wouldn't be refreshing? her working with Jack Antonoff for the 4th time. :bye:

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e