Elle

LDR10 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

1 minute ago, Psychedelic Pussy said:

When the longest song on the next album is 23 minutes.. then what?

When the whole album is one song...then what!? :oprah2:

url%5D

21 minutes ago, Psychedelic Pussy said:

When the longest song on the next album is 23 minutes.. then what?

fun fact: Defeat by Animal Collective is 21:58 and the most streamed song on their 2023 album Isn't It Now?

10 minutes ago, bluechemtrails said:

fun fact: Defeat by Animal Collective is 21:58 and the most streamed song on their 2023 album Isn't It Now?

Bc they’re flops but everyone is interested in this unique 20 minute song and wants to hear what they did with that much time/space to fill on a track perhaps 

Idk they’ve made like two songs I like

gLoD.gif

gLoH.gif :beyonce:

9 hours ago, ulttraviolenncee said:

hope we get one for the next album, we need more visuals istg

making one mv for album with huge visual potential is a little disappointing(still waiting for at lest one OB video:trisha:).I hope the next album is gonna get more love and we will see more visuals ,even low budget clips made by her sister were great and set a mood for songs. I think simple visualizers for each song would help with promoting future project.

bGiqt9X.gif

nobody warns you before the fall

she only did one music video for Ocean Blvd, that just dawned on me

i’ve heard lots of artists say that shooting music videos is a giant pain in the ass, takes forever, and is extremely expensive, SO maybe she just doesn’t bother with it anymore. it’s not like she needs music videos to stay relevant…

tenor.gif?itemid=9308137

let's be real, all you bitches wanna look like me

1 hour ago, Wtauf said:

making one mv for album with huge visual potential is a little disappointing(still waiting for at lest one OB video:trisha:).I hope the next album is gonna get more love and we will see more visuals ,even low budget clips made by her sister were great and set a mood for songs. I think simple visualizers for each song would help with promoting future project.

we shouldve got at least an homemade video for aw, and on jimmy part she would reuse some lizzy grant videos

source.gif

12 hours ago, ulttraviolenncee said:

hope we get one for the next album, we need more visuals istg

This would help the tiktok coquettes not perceive Lana’s music as pink and bows :daydream:

stars in my eyes

⊹˚⋆ 𝒃𝒂𝒃𝒚 𝒃𝒍𝒖𝒆𝒔 ‧₊°   

2 minutes ago, mssainttropez said:

This would help the tiktok coquettes not perceive Lana’s music as pink and bows :daydream:

she lowkey fed this aesthetic with the ocean blvd covers photoshoot, but still, i see lana more as a old hollywood/west coast aesthetic (btd, utv, nfr and ob) and i really want to know where they got that lana is coquette since she doesnt have visuals or wear clothing that are considered coquette

source.gif

32 minutes ago, ulttraviolenncee said:

she lowkey fed this aesthetic with the ocean blvd covers photoshoot, but still, i see lana more as a old hollywood/west coast aesthetic (btd, utv, nfr and ob) and i really want to know where they got that lana is coquette since she doesnt have visuals or wear clothing that are considered coquette

Bfr.

Fall 2023 (which was just a couple months ago)

6E5YHZUCCBE4FJE2R3ZHQDZN7E.jpg

2HAXG6Z4AFBCDNRSWCGYBRETKY.jpg

Not to mention the OB shoot has so many bows :rip:. The freaking cover she’s wearing bows. It’s just in black and white.

19 hours ago, Embach said:

When the whole album is one song...then what!? :oprah2:

Im from Norway and one of our biggest artists did this. It was lowkey a serve. Forced us all to experience the whole project in its entirety.

Lana is an unconventional artist so her doing this is not that unlikely tbh. Imagine a singular 70 minute sonic experience from Lana as ONE TRACK.

39 minutes ago, Xenoblade 3 said:

Bfr.

Fall 2023 (which was just a couple months ago)

6E5YHZUCCBE4FJE2R3ZHQDZN7E.jpg

2HAXG6Z4AFBCDNRSWCGYBRETKY.jpg

Not to mention the OB shoot has so many bows :rip:. The freaking cover she’s wearing bows. It’s just in black and white.

her ''coquette'' aesthetic existed before ob was released, she didnt wear that much bows and lacy dresses before nfr. and notice how i said a similar thing about the cover on the comment

source.gif

1 hour ago, mssainttropez said:

Lana now consciously panders to them which is why I no longer care when they make super weird and awful posts about her.

20 hours ago, ulttraviolenncee said:

her ''coquette'' aesthetic existed before ob was released, she didnt wear that much bows and lacy dresses before nfr. and notice how i said a similar thing about the cover on the comment

Most likely because of the Lolita connection, even though her style was old Hollywood glamour esp during Born To Die.

Also, Lana’s music has a lot classical composition (baroque). She sings with a lot of poise which is from an older time. As much as some fans like to think Lana is a rock star. She has only 1 album with a rock sound :rip:. The most prominent genre Lana makes is baroque. 

And the coquette aesthetic actually borrows a lot from Lolita and the baroque/victorian period, which both things Lana has done/was inspired by :rip:. Those people (TikTok) basically assigned that aesthetic to her, even though Lana’s actual style is/was old Hollywood and bike rocker chick (UV).

With OB, she styled herself with bows and that kinda sealed the deal.

42 minutes ago, Xenoblade 3 said:

Most likely because of the Lolita connection, even though her style was old Hollywood glamour esp during Born To Die.

Also, Lana’s music has a lot classical composition (baroque). She sings with a lot of refrain which is from an older time. As much as some fans like to think Lana is a rock star. She has only 1 album with a true rock sound :rip:. The most prominent genre Lana makes is baroque. 

And the coquette aesthetic actually borrows a lot from Lolita and the baroque/victorian period, which both things Lana has done :rip:. Those people (TikTok) basically assigned that aesthetic to her, even though Lana’s actual style is/was old Hollywood.

With OB, she styled herself with bows and that kinda sealed the deal.

oh that explains a lot, but i would connect lana, based on btd, to americana coquette not pink coquette😭. thanks for explaining tho

source.gif

6 hours ago, ulttraviolenncee said:

oh that explains a lot, but i would connect lana, based on btd, to americana coquette not pink coquette😭. thanks for explaining tho

Me rn bc idk what is a coquette :oprah7: a person from TikTok ?