Elle

LDR10 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

7 hours ago, littleredpartydress said:

I really want another summer album…I can’t believe we haven’t got a proper summer release since LFL (NFR too but late august is more fall to me)

I really hope we at least get a single for this prior to the summer, but considering it’s clearly still actively being worked on I would say this is probably coming earliest like September?

Nah. If she's still working on it, it's not coming out soon babe.

the production, the mastering, the vinyl printing, the cover, it'll take ages. 2025 confirmed

7 hours ago, GaboSpaceCowboy said:

At least it's not Drew Erickson... :runs:

I know he produced some good songs on Ocean Blvd, but I definitely don't want him on LDR10.

fuck drew erickson. He's the worst

7 hours ago, LifeOnMars said:

Looking back through Luke’s credits, it looks like he is typically just credited as a songwriter. So I wouldn’t be surprised if he is just helping her with the songwriting aspect of the songs and Jack is still the main producer of LDR10. 

what songs has he written. Like who is he?

1 hour ago, barttttender said:

Nah. If she's still working on it, it's not coming out soon babe.

the production, the mastering, the vinyl printing, the cover, it'll take ages. 2025 confirmed

Well, not necessarily.

It depends on how far along she is in the process, but the earliest evidence we have of Lana working on a new album is from Jack's blog post from late March that stated Lana "refuses to leave the studio" despite Ocean Blvd having been released just a few days prior.

For Lust for Life, at least 6 of its songs on the final tracklist were recorded between March - June 2017 and the record was released in July. Similarly, with NFR, at least 5 of its final songs were recorded from January - July 2019 and the record was released in August. So, there's still a chance LDR10 could come in 2024 depending on when she started working on the record and how far along she is. I could see a late summer release at the absolute earliest, especially since it would match up well to when she'll be doing some of her international festival dates. If not though, I think we could still possibly anticipate a single in the third or fourth quarter of this year and then the album within the first quarter of 2025. I think her posting the “Henry, Come On” snippet was a good sign of things moving along rather quickly since she already has music ready to at least share previews of.

& then to touch on the covers, the covers for Paradise, Ultraviolence, Honeymoon, Norman, and Blue Banisters were all taken the same year the record was released. 5 of her album covers were done within 6 months of the album release (all of the above except switch out Paradise for Born to Die) with Ultraviolence having the quickest turn around of 1 month from the photoshoot to the album announcement, then the album dropped another month later. So, the covers seem to generally have a rather quick turnaround. Who knows, maybe she’s already done a few photoshoots or been garnering ideas for them! x

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

8 hours ago, Yameena Khatri said:

Idk if I'm wrong but I have a feeling that her winning some awards might have an impact on the overall vibe of the next album. I don't see lana as someone who is motivated by losing or strive to prove her worth. Because I remember her saying the music is good only when she's happy. Maybe having positive feedbacks get her juice flowing. 

Rolling Stone wrote an article, a couple of years ago, that there is a sorta « tendency » for winners of the Album of the year Grammy: the album after that big win is often going in a completely different direction, exploring new musical directions. Those albums usually flop commercially :omfg2: 

as for Lana, I don’t know if a Grammy win could impact the sound of LDR10 since it’s already in production. But I hope she’ll do something new like she did on Venice Bitch and A&W

She spends a lot of time in Tennessee, so I think Jack may not play a big role on the next album. Maybe her work with Jack was just for the "New Look" soundtrack or other side projects.

Im totally fine with an Americana album as long as she « lets loose » a bit on a couple of songs: faster tracks (Hey Blue Baby) or more experimental ones. Prettiest Girl in Country didn’t sound like « typical Lana » either. 
Henry, Come On sounds very beautiful… but anyone else thinks it’s a bit « Chemtrails track »? I do love most of the tracks on CoCC, don’t get me wrong, but the stripped-back production is a hit or a miss for me (if I don’t connect with the lyrics, then there’s very little to like with a stripped-back song TBH)

55 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

Im totally fine with an Americana album as long as she « lets loose » a bit on a couple of songs: faster tracks (Hey Blue Baby) or more experimental ones. Prettiest Girl in Country didn’t sound like « typical Lana » either. 
Henry, Come On sounds very beautiful… but anyone else thinks it’s a bit « Chemtrails track »? I do love most of the tracks on CoCC, don’t get me wrong, but the stripped-back production is a hit or a miss for me (if I don’t connect with the lyrics, then there’s very little to like with a stripped-back song TBH)

THIS. Hope and Kintsugi production would fall flat if it wasn't for the lyrics. 

36 minutes ago, Yameena Khatri said:

THIS. Hope and Kintsugi production would fall flat if it wasn't for the lyrics. 

A couple of Blue Banisters tracks come to mind as well, sadly… :true: It’s normal, not to connect with lyrics of some of her songs (Carmen, Art Deco don’t resonate with my personal history, but their production is so pristine that I either don’t skip them or I’ve come to love them because the arrangements are so incredible), but to get another «  Chemtrails album » would certainly have that same « problem » with some tracks. 

Guys. I dreamt of Lana surprise dropping an album called "SAFE TRIP TO HEAVEN" last night and i was gagged in my sleep.

gonna try to remember all the details from my dream to create a mockup (through A.I maybe)

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

So it seems like Lana is working on this album for the last few months when she is in Nashville. Ultraviolence also got produced in Nashville (partly at least or "reworked" if I remember correctly).

I take this is as a sign that we get another major career highlight :oprah:

Also she used alot of e-guitar on UV in 2014, then we got some e-guitar on a few NFR songs in 2019 (e-guitar being more prominent than on HM & LFL). That makes 5 years between those two albums . 2019 + 5 is 2024. So by that we must get a few e-guitar heavy songs on this album too:smile:
So the album better comes out this year

Anyways do with these theories what you want I just wanted to procrastinate so I have a longer break from studying today but I do think they are kinda delusional interesting :mariah4:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

5 hours ago, Elle said:

Well, not necessarily.

It depends on how far along she is in the process, but the earliest evidence we have of Lana working on a new album is from Jack's blog post from late March that stated Lana "refuses to leave the studio" despite Ocean Blvd having been released just a few days prior.

For Lust for Life, at least 6 of its songs on the final tracklist were recorded between March - June 2017 and the record was released in July. Similarly, with NFR, at least 5 of its final songs were recorded from January - July 2019 and the record was released in August. So, there's still a chance LDR10 could come in 2024 depending on when she started working on the record and how far along she is. I could see a late summer release at the absolute earliest, especially since it would match up well to when she'll be doing some of her international festival dates. If not though, I think we could still possibly anticipate a single in the third or fourth quarter of this year and then the album within the first quarter of 2025. I think her posting the “Henry, Come On” snippet was a good sign of things moving along rather quickly since she already has music ready to at least share previews of.

& then to touch on the covers, the covers for Paradise, Ultraviolence, Honeymoon, Norman, and Blue Banisters were all taken the same year the record was released. 5 of her album covers were done within 6 months of the album release (all of the above except switch out Paradise for Born to Die) with Ultraviolence having the quickest turn around of 1 month from the photoshoot to the album announcement, then the album dropped another month later. So, the covers seem to generally have a rather quick turnaround. Who knows, maybe she’s already done a few photoshoots or been garnering ideas for them! x

Sounds right! Thank you x

1 hour ago, Crazy for You said:

we are never getting rick back huh:pillsdy:

And the fact that he’s trying so hard to get noticed by her and to take him back :eartha: I feel bad for him, I was so relieved when Jack got married, thought he would be so busy with Margaret celebrating… honeymoon…., but this floppy made a whole album, produced an apple show cover album, announced his own new label, announced a 2024 tour, and made several music videos, all these happened after the wedding :trisha2: can’t he go on vacation with Margaret for a whole peaceful year, and that’s when she’s taking Rick back :true: 

Spoiler

Unless she takes drew back instead :trisha2:

The difference between now and past eras is how long physicals take to make..

LFL physicals didn’t have to come week one, so she could submit the album and then release it pretty quickly while vinyls took a few months.

NFR vinyls only took around 90 days to completely finish pressing, but even one song that was ‘done’  has a different production because the album was submitted and then FIILY was still being worked on 

since covid, vinyls take 6 months to press, that’s why she was finished with Tunnel in September but it didn’t come out until March, and even then it ended up getting delayed a couple weeks

even if she submitted the album today, we’re looking at September at the absolute earliest, which personally for me is fine. I want her to take her time and be proud of the songs she’s made, and I still think we have more surprises coming!

"Don’t forget me"

4 minutes ago, NikoGo said:

The difference between now and past eras is how long physicals take to make..

LFL physicals didn’t have to come week one, so she could submit the album and then release it pretty quickly while vinyls took a few months.

NFR vinyls only took around 90 days to completely finish pressing, but even one song that was ‘done’  has a different production because the album was submitted and then FIILY was still being worked on 

since covid, vinyls take 6 months to press, that’s why she was finished with Tunnel in September but it didn’t come out until March, and even then it ended up getting delayed a couple weeks

even if she submitted the album today, we’re looking at September at the absolute earliest, which personally for me is fine. I want her to take her time and be proud of the songs she’s made, and I still think we have more surprises coming!

2024 should be for Unreleased collection volume 1 album or the re-release of AKA

i'm fine with LDR10 coming in 2025

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing