barttttender

Most underrated moments on Lana's albums?

35 minutes ago, Orville Peck said:

the background noises in Is This Happines, like birds, clapping and aliens or something. :ohmy:

And when she stops singing then the old radio sound effect starts playing behind Rick's piano and honestly that's so beautiful :trisha:

url%5D

Not at all underrated but her voice breaking and the way she says “but I’m so happy, so happy now you’re gone” in the final pre-chorus of “Cruel World”

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

THE FACT THAT SHE SAMPLED IS IT WRONG? POST-CHORUS IN DANCING 'TILL WE DIE BRIDGE! :read: How come nobody has noticed that!?

You got your eyeliner, long hair

Walking around like you don't care

You got me in the back of your car like a star

----- ----- ----- ----- -----

Killing it, talking shit

Joan said she was gonna quit

Tearing it up at the Afro-Carribean two-step

/

I left San Francisco

I've been covering Joni and I'm dancing with Joan

url%5D

8 hours ago, Ultra Violet said:

Her vocals in the chorus of American. They're probably some of her best, I'm just realising :krylie: She doesn't sing like that a lot anymore

you make me crazy, you make me wiiiiillllddddddddddd:hair:just the best

Lana Del Rey Honeymoon GIF

On 10/13/2023 at 10:16 AM, barttttender said:

I'm just re-listening to Blue Banisters (a rare moment for me as I think it's her worst record)

:burn: YOU

41 minutes ago, ArtDecoDelRey said:

you make me crazy, you make me wiiiiillllddddddddddd:hair:just the best

100%| that track is probably the single most underrated track of her career.

it is stunning. But never gets mentioned anywhere 😩

i wish she still made songs like that. Just very positive ones 

15 hours ago, unidentified dragon slayer said:

the way she sings “wild”

”and it made me wild, ~wiiiild~  wild at heart” :hair:

another gravely underrated track. If it was me deciding, i would have made it the first single and cashed out 10 million for a ride follow up with porches and horses in the mid west

13 hours ago, Ultra Violet said:

Her vocals in the chorus of American. They're probably some of her best, I'm just realising :krylie: She doesn't sing like that a lot anymore

Totally. For me, it's the most underrated of all her released songs. Top 10 LDR for me. 

I was listening to Summetime Sadness yesterday and thought the same thing: the vocal creativity she had in that era was amazing and seemed like such a trademark—I thought we'd hear that voice going forward. Most of the material on Ocean Blvd just doesn't stack up to me when compared to the greater songs on BTD and P. Not that a comparison needs to be made.  

25 minutes ago, Vertimus said:

Totally. For me, it's the most underrated of all her released songs. Top 10 LDR for me. 

I was listening to Summetime Sadness yesterday and thought the same thing: the vocal creativity she had in that era was amazing and seemed like such a trademark—I thought we'd hear that voice going forward. Most of the material on Ocean Blvd just doesn't stack up to me when compared to the greater songs on BTD and P. Not that a comparison needs to be made.  

Also Top 10 for me. I am always flabbergasted by the hate that American gets.  

5 minutes ago, Nightcall said:

Also Top 10 for me. I am always flabbergasted by the hate that American gets.  

I think the lyrics, the apparent pride of being American as expressed, rile up a lot of folks on the Left and were partially responsible for the wave of aggression she received from the Left in the first years of her career, and which she still does in certain quarters. It seems to me they're much more comfortable with Lana writing songs like "American Whore,' where there's an element of self-debasement. 

Black Bathing Suit’s outro, the chaos, the way she’s screaming and her voice breaks, I just know she had a lot of fun recording that outro, it’s like she’s laughing and yelling at the same time, obsessed with her vocals, also love how she reused the same vocal style in A&W when she said “your mom called I told her…”, they’re also similar to dance till we die bridge

Art Deco's bubbling old Skype ringtone-like intro, I was so mesmerized when I heard it for the first time, it's sounds so unearthly and eerie but so beautiful and glorious. 

And the fact that Art Deco's intro was sampled in The Blackest Day's chorus and I haven't seen people talking about it is a CRIME! :read:

url%5D

A very abstract thought but how every song title in Honeymoon kinda rhymes... or at least as an emphasis on the vowel/sound "ouu" in the song. Honeymoon the entire track's rhyme meter is based on that "ouu" sound and it's followed by Music To Watch Boys To and Terrence Loves You which also do that... then High By The Beach and Freak rhyme title wise as well and Freak utilizes that "ouu" rhyme scheme, then Art Deco, Burnt Norton, Religion, Salvatore all rhyme again... then also Twenty -Four, Swan Song, and Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood... 

Kinda why I think Honeymoon and Ocean Blvd are her closest attempts at a "concept record" cus everything just makes sense together... Unlike lust for life for example

I love how the strings sound a bit off harmonically (I think the word I mean is dissonance but I’m not sure) for a quick sec when they slide up from the bridge to the last chorus of ocean blvd.

And can’t forget to include when she whispers “spirits creeping” in raise me up

Everytime I try to fly, I fall

The heavy breathing 'forever... forever' with the instrumental breakdown in Tulsa Jesus Freak and her kind of screaming vocals 'white hot forever:krylie: it's my favourite part of COCC

Also 'There's a certain point.. the booooody can't come back from' breaks my heart everytime :toofunny: so simple yet so powerful