BartenderDeco

Lana signed an open letter to President Joe Biden, thanking him for his ‘leadership’ and calling for the release of all Hamas hostages.

1 minute ago, Chemtrail said:

You guys love drama. We don't know Lana personally, what difference does it make? We're fans because of her music :rip:

I think it’s more so to do with lana (and other celebs) expressing their opinions and views on it without being actually educated on the topic which can influence their audiences opinions on it as well. not necessarily their fault that people who follow them are inclined to not do their own research or take the words of a famous person on world issues and be influenced by them.. but like when you have a platform and you choose to connect yourself to a serious topic publicly you should at least know what’s going on 

Pearl-praying.webp?fit=300,200&ssl=1

gZ0f.gif

1 minute ago, Lentilus said:

Hard politics on LB is crazy to me. On the internet tbh. Y'all being disappointed by Lana for what? For a topic most of y'all don't even understand. Where was the Lana praise when it was known that she donated her tour money to the cities she performed in? Celebrate that and kindly fuck off. 

I mean I don’t the see the issue in people being dissapointed in her. It’s weird to just think anyone shouldn’t have any feelings on it when she chose to sign that letter. And Lana did get praise for donating, so I don’t know what you are even talking about. 

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

I firmly believe that adopting a stance on this matter will not contribute to the preservation of innocent lives. I do not align myself with either the pro-Israel or pro-Palestine camps,  I advocate for non-violence. Lana is entitled to her own political viewpoints, and any critique of her should be conducted with respect.

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

1 minute ago, taco truck said:

I mean I don’t the see the issue in people being dissapointed in her. It’s weird to just think anyone shouldn’t have any feelings on it when she chose to sign that letter. And Lana did get praise for donating, so I don’t know what you are even talking about. 

Lana will never win with y'all fr. Maybe when she kicks the bucket ppl will finally leave her tf be. 

“Hard politics on LB is crazy to me. On the internet tbh. Y'all being disappointed by Lana for what? For a topic most of y'all don't even understand.”

It is ignorance that does and always will contribute to the terrorism, destruction, and occupation of others. Our government doesn’t WANT us to understand. It is better for the U.S. and for Israel if citizens remain ignorant. 

if people want to talk about the occupation and terrorism of Palestine on Lanaboards, who cares? Conversations lead to education and that is overall a good thing. You are cynical. Pray you will never find yourself wondering whether your child is dead or alive

giphy.gif?cid=790b761167f1bae274183a253d

:biblio:

𝒎𝒂𝒚𝒃𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒘𝒂𝒚 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒊'𝒎 𝘭𝘪𝘷𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝒊𝒔 𝘬𝘪𝘭𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝒎𝒆

✧ ˖°. ⋆⭒˚。⋆. * : ✧ . : * : ☆ * ✧ ˖°. ⋆⭒˚。⋆ °.  ✧ ˖°

8 minutes ago, Rivers said:

Speaking about Lana's politics I thought it was awesome when she was wearing a see through mask. Wasn't following her at the time, but boy was that funny. She did donate a third of a million dollars for fresh water to a reservation, helped a middle eastern family get to the USA, and other stuff, so it's not like she is completely out of touch. She definitely cares and she's definitely way smarter than people like Britney spears or Taylor swift. 😄

thank you. some of the way people talk about her like she doesn't have any opinions or ideology. she's a smart woman with opinions. you don't have to agree with her but you also don't have to speak of her like a child.

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/59/40/90/5940903240da03ab6f8c1a9c79a31773.jpg

the idea itself of this letter is so stupid i'm sorry :toofloppy: EVEN if they were on the right side (they're not) since when biden needs thank you letters? what a boomer thing to do :eartha: this man is paid LOADS of money to do his government job that's the biggest thanks he could get luv. i'm not even talking about lana specifically but everyone on that list… very out of touch celebrities pretending to care saying "look! i care!! i'm an activist!!! ain't i so good and woke?" mess 💀 ALSO, biden needs to worry about his own country. what about idk providing healthcare and higher education for ALL citizens? now that's something worth receiving a thank you letter for, not some overseas shenanigans he's inserting himself in.

9 minutes ago, Escapism said:

I think it’s more so to do with lana (and other celebs) expressing their opinions and views on it without being actually educated on the topic which can influence their audiences opinions on it as well. not necessarily their fault that people who follow them are inclined to not do their own research or take the words of a famous person on world issues and be influenced by them.. but like when you have a platform and you choose to connect yourself to a serious topic publicly you should at least know what’s going on 

Correct me if I'm wrong but she didn't actually say anything to her fanbase, just agreed with an open letter along with a bunch of other celebrities and that list leaked. Not even sure she posted anything about it. Celebrities influence children mostly, most people don't care about their opinions on anything. Then again people kicked up a fuss about her "Question for the culture" and even fans I know in person didn't hear about it lmao. Nobody cares. Some fans act like they have nothing else they could be focusing on in life and rant about another person's opinions, projecting their own anger onto someone who doesn't directly have anything to do with them. It's aimless. If anyone has a problem the most they can do is comment on her latest photos on Instagram :rip: What's the point?

6 minutes ago, ChaoticLipster said:

I firmly believe that adopting a stance on this matter will not contribute to the preservation of innocent lives. I do not align myself with either the pro-Israel or pro-Palestine camps,  I advocate for non-violence. Lana is entitled to her own political viewpoints, and any critique of her should be conducted with respect.

:dafuq:

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/59/40/90/5940903240da03ab6f8c1a9c79a31773.jpg

It's true they downplay and ignore the good she has done an amplify what they don't like. There are some science papers that show good deeds are hardly discussed whereas controversial opinions are given 10 to 14 times the amount of attention. 

I think it is important for everyone on this forum to take a step back and realize how lucky we all are to be in the middle of this silly discourse about Lana Del Rey rather than starving in Gaza with no internet, electricity, food, or water. I also recommend that people watch the firsthand accounts of civilians who are begging us to listen.

It's fine to disagree with your favourite artist's political views but there's no point getting annoyed when there's absolutely nothing you can do to change that. What are people gonna do? Throw another book at her hoping she'll educate herself? Just let it go lol

5 minutes ago, Chemtrail said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but she didn't actually say anything to her fanbase, just agreed with an open letter along with a bunch of other celebrities and that list leaked. Not even sure she posted anything about it. Celebrities influence children mostly, most people don't care about their opinions on anything. Then again people kicked up a fuss about her "Question for the culture"

That's true, it's not like she even said anything about it on her pages. "Sure I'll sign it I guess". 

9 minutes ago, jaesana said:

“Hard politics on LB is crazy to me. On the internet tbh. Y'all being disappointed by Lana for what? For a topic most of y'all don't even understand.”

It is ignorance that does and always will contribute to the terrorism, destruction, and occupation of others. Our government doesn’t WANT us to understand. It is better for the U.S. and for Israel if citizens remain ignorant. 

if people want to talk about the occupation and terrorism of Palestine on Lanaboards, who cares? Conversations lead to education and that is overall a good thing. You are cynical. Pray you will never find yourself wondering whether your child is dead or alive

Conversations on the internet also lead to misinformation. Most of the opinions on this topic are personal opinions, not facts or mixed facts. That's dangerous af.

And yes I am cynical, and wtf what about it. 

Next time don't be a little bitch and not @ me 

I'd understand if we were talking about the average person, but we're talking about someone with a huge platform 🙃 

Whether we like it or not, Lana is not a small artist, she has a huge amount of followers and her actions carry weight...

There's nothing wrong with holding someone accountable. 

The world will remain the same if we keep allowing people get away with their "honest mistake". Not choosing a side is choosing a side.

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

1 minute ago, Lentilus said:

Conversations on the internet also lead to misinformation. Most of the opinions on this topic are personal opinions, not facts or mixed facts.

I would argue the internet has contributed to more empathy to the people of Palestine than any other time in history, considering Western media has historically funneled a strict pro-Israeli and anti-Palestinian narrative for decades. TikTok and firsthand accounts from Gaza are finally starting to break through this script. There is a reason they are blocking the Internet in Gaza.