Ultra Violet

Israel-Palestine conflict (Israel-Hamas war)

On 12/8/2023 at 4:09 PM, Barry said:

https://www.un.org/sg/en/content/sg/statement/2023-12-08/secretary-generals-remarks-the-security-council-the-situation-the-middle-east-including-the-palestinian-question-bilingual-delivered-scroll-down-for-all-english

Mr. President, Excellencies,

I wrote to the Security Council invoking Article 99 because we are at a breaking point. There is a high risk of the total collapse of the humanitarian support system in Gaza, which would have devastating consequences. We anticipate that it would result in a complete breakdown of public order and increased pressure for mass displacement into Egypt. I fear the consequences could be devastating for the security of the entire region. We have already seen the spillover in the Occupied West Bank, Lebanon, Syria, Iraq and Yemen. There is clearly, in my view, a serious risk of aggravating existing threats to the maintenance of international peace and security. 

The risk of collapse of the humanitarian system is fundamentally linked with a complete lack of safety and security for our staff in Gaza, and with the nature and intensity of military operations, which are severely limiting access to people in desperate need. The threat to the safety and security of United Nations staff in Gaza is unprecedented. More than 130 of my colleagues have already been killed, many with their families. This is the largest single loss of life in the history of our Organization. Some of our staff take their children to work so they know they will live or die together. Colleagues have shared heartbreaking messages from staff members pleading for help.  

The Under-Secretary-General of the Department of Safety and Security has advised me that all possible means of mitigating the risk to staff within Gaza, short of evacuation, are closed off, because of the way this conflict has evolved. I cannot emphasize strongly enough that the UN is totally committed to stay and deliver for the people of Gaza. I pay tribute to the heroic humanitarian aid workers who remain committed to their work, despite the enormous dangers to their health and their lives. But the situation is simply becoming untenable. 

This Council called in Resolution 2712 for “the scaling up of the provision of such supplies to meet the humanitarian needs of the civilian population, especially children”.  I deeply regret to inform the Council that under current conditions on the ground, the fulfilment of this mandate has become impossible. The conditions for the effective delivery of humanitarian aid no longer exist. The crossing point at Rafah was not designed for hundreds of trucks and is a major bottleneck. But even if sufficient supplies were permitted into Gaza, intense bombardment and hostilities, Israeli restrictions on movement, fuel shortages, and interrupted communications, make it impossible for UN agencies and their partners to reach most of the people in need. 

Between 3 and 5 December – the two days preceding my letter – the UN could only distribute aid in one of Gaza’s five governorates – Rafah.  Elsewhere, access was impossible.  People are desperate, fearful and angry. In some cases, they have expressed that anger towards our staff. 

Mr. President, All this takes place amid a spiraling humanitarian nightmare.  

First, there is no effective protection of civilians. More than 17,000 Palestinians have reportedly been killed since the start of Israel’s military operations. This includes more than 4,000 women and 7,000 children. Tens of thousands are reported to have been injured, and many are missing, presumably under the rubble. All these numbers are increasing by the day. Attacks from air, land and sea are intense, continuous and widespread. So far, they have reportedly hit 339 education facilities, 26 hospitals, 56 healthcare facilities, 88 mosques and three churches. Over 60 percent of Gaza’s housing has reportedly been destroyed or damaged – some 300,000 houses and apartments. Some 85 percent of the population have been forced from their homes.  The people of Gaza are being told to move like human pinballs – ricocheting between ever-smaller slivers of the south, without any of the basics for survival. But nowhere in Gaza is safe. 

At least 88 UNRWA shelters have been hit, killing over 270 people and injuring over 900. Conditions in shelters are overcrowded and unsanitary. People nurse open wounds. Hundreds of people stand in line for hours to use one shower or toilet. Families who have lost everything sleep on bare concrete floors, wearing clothes they have not changed for two months. Tens of thousands of Palestinians arrived in Rafah in recent days, overwhelming shelters there.  Many displaced families – including children, older people, pregnant women and people with disabilities – are sleeping in streets and public spaces across the city. 

Mr. President, Second, Gazans are running out of food.

According to the World Food Programme, there is a serious risk of starvation and famine. In northern Gaza, 97 percent of households are not eating enough. In the south, the figure among displaced people is 83 percent. Half the people of the north and more than one third of displaced people in the south are simply starving. WFP’s own food stocks are running out.  In the north, nine out of ten people have spent at least one full day and night without food.  The last functioning flour mill in Gaza was destroyed on 15 November. WFP has provided food and cash assistance to hundreds of thousands of people across Gaza since the crisis began, and is ready to scale up its operations.However, that would require effective access to all people in need, and at least 40 trucks of food supplies every day – many times the current level. 

Mr. President,  Third, Gaza’s health system is collapsing while needs are escalating.  At least 286 health workers have been killed.

Hospitals have suffered heavy bombardment. Just 14 out of 36 are still functioning. Of these, three are providing basic first aid, while the others are delivering partial services.  The European Gaza Hospital, one of the two main hospitals in southern Gaza, has 370 beds. It is currently housing 1000 patients and an estimated 70,000 people seeking shelter.  There are critical shortages of drugs, blood products and medical supplies. Fuel to run the hospitals is severely rationed. Many patients are being treated on the floor and without anesthetics. As patients with life-threatening injuries continue to arrive, wards are overflowing and staff are overwhelmed. At the same time, the unsanitary conditions in shelters and severe shortages of food and water are leading to increases in respiratory infections, scabies, jaundice and diarrhea.  Everything I have just described represents an unprecedented situation that led to my unprecedented decision to invoke Article 99, urging the members of the Security Council to press to avert a humanitarian catastrophe, and appealing for a humanitarian ceasefire to be declared. 

Mr. President, We are all aware that Israel began its military operation in response to the brutal terror attacks unleashed by Hamas and other Palestinian armed groups on 7 October.  I unreservedly condemn those attacks. I am appalled by the reports of sexual violence. There is no possible justification for deliberately killing some 1,200 people, including 33 children, injuring thousands more, and taking hundreds of hostages.  Some 130 hostages are still held captive. I call for their immediate and unconditional release, as well as their humane treatment and visits from the International Committee of the Red Cross until they are freed. At the same time, the brutality perpetrated by Hamas can never justify the collective punishment of the Palestinian people. And while indiscriminate rocket fire by Hamas into Israel, and the use of civilians as human shields, are in contravention of the laws of war, such conduct does not absolve Israel of its own violations.  International humanitarian law includes the duty to protect civilians and to comply with the principles of distinction, proportionality and precaution. The laws of war also demand that civilians’ essential needs must be met, including by facilitating the unimpeded delivery of humanitarian relief. International humanitarian law cannot be applied selectively. It is binding on all parties equally at all times, and the obligation to observe it does not depend on reciprocity.  

Mr. President, The people of Gaza are looking into the abyss. 

The international community must do everything possible to end their ordeal.  I urge the Council to spare no effort to push for an immediate humanitarian ceasefire, for the protection of civilians, and for the urgent delivery of lifesaving aid.While we deal with the current crisis, we cannot lose sight of the only viable possibility for a peaceful future: a two-State solution, on the basis of United Nations resolutions and international law, with Israel and Palestine living side-by-side in peace and security.  This is vital for Israelis, Palestinians, and for international peace and security.  

The eyes of the world – and the eyes of history – are watching.  

It’s time to act. 

Thank you.

I’m fucking crying

1 hour ago, Veinsineon said:

3 Israeli Hostages were killed by IDF forces trying to escape Gaza, and this was yet again, delayed and lied about now that conversation has visibly shifted.

So fucking sad.

"This was against our rules of engagement."

Theyre literally doing everything against every rule.

If someone wants to read about the IDF capturing innocent men, forcing them to strip to underwear in the street, driving them blindfolded to another location, beating them (unprovoked), and then 16 hours later letting them free without giving their clothes back or untieing their hands, making them walk hours back home like that.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-12-17/detained-palestinians-gaza-idf-videos-photos-stripped-men/103237684

it's so over for all arabs bro i love my culture sm but why do my people always have to get decimated? and i know after they're done with palestine they'll go for lebanon, jordan and everything else. 

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

18 hours ago, fl0r1dakil0s said:

That's just definitely not the case 😭 Israel isn't colonizing the Middle East

Not yet. They are too busy killing indiscriminately civilians and Israelis hostages.

23 hours ago, fl0r1dakil0s said:

Bingo. Common sense.. not going to take an iota of energy to explain why. It wouldn't make a difference to people who have already decided Israel is evil.

I tried to like your post, but I am on a desktop on Chrome. Sometimes it doesn't work. 

threadbare tapestry unwinding slow.

Meanwhile Israel has now killed 19,600 people. Nearly the whole world is against this indiscriminate killing of innocent lives, yet Israel and the US still believe it's justice being served. 13,700 children, babies and women killed for "justice" and "self defence".

23 hours ago, fl0r1dakil0s said:

that's my opinion. they invaded the sinai in 1956 and did not respect the two states resolution cause that wasn't enough land to them. it's never enough. thousands killed isn't enough either but i digress. so why would i think they won't continue that streak especially since the whole world doesn't bat an eye at what they're doing atm. they're also bombing lebanon because of hezbollah but knowing how fragile this country is, i don't doubt that they'll use the HZB excuse to grab up more land. this seems to be bibi's modus operandi at the moment<3. UN doesn't give a shit and arabs aren't worth a thing today so israel can operate in utter impunity. it does sound audacious but isn't what israel's doing rn batshit crazy yet it's happening. nothing suprises me anymore !!!!

On 12/17/2023 at 11:46 AM, 14n4 said:

and i know after they're done with palestine they'll go for lebanon, jordan and everything else. 

That's literally just going to be mutually assured destruction (which honestly, almost everything that isn't a true two-state solution will likely be even in the current scenario). No one wants that and it would benefit no one. If this conflict was so easy to win, it would've been over years ago. 

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

On 12/18/2023 at 9:38 PM, fl0r1dakil0s said:

well, more than 700.000 settlers live illegally in the West Bank, in East Jerusalem and in the Golan Heights

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Israeli_settlement

Israeli settlements or colonies ...

8 minutes ago, bluechemtrails said:

well, more than 700.000 settlers live illegally in the West Bank, in East Jerusalem and in the Golan Heights

Yeah but they're lunatics and the most far right extremists that exist in Israel, every country has extremists, Israel and Israelis, collectively as a country and as a people, have no intention of expanding Israel and colonizing the Middle East

23 minutes ago, fl0r1dakil0s said:

Yeah but they're lunatics and the most far right extremists that exist in Israel, every country has extremists, Israel and Israelis, collectively as a country and as a people, have no intention of expanding Israel

:lmao:

21 minutes ago, fl0r1dakil0s said:

Yeah but they're lunatics and the most far right extremists that exist in Israel, every country has extremists, Israel and Israelis, collectively as a country and as a people, have no intention of expanding Israel and colonizing the Middle East

But the government has legalized these settlements, so it stands behind them. Maybe it's just the West Bank, but it still violates international law.

52 minutes ago, fl0r1dakil0s said:

the extremists are in government and hold high military positions girl :biblio:

giphy.gif

What civilized country kills thousands of innocent civilians, thousands of children, just to kill the terrorists behind them?

What beacon of democracy repeatedly violates the Geneva Convention and denies the rights of Palestinians to defend themselves, in land no country recognizes as Israeli but as under continuous, illegal occupation?

What Jewish state, founded to be a safe haven and refuge for Jews, sacrifices their own Jewish hostages and instead chooses to continue a relentless bombing campaign?

What country that claims self-defense against terrorists, use terrorist tactics themselves?

Where is Israeli democracy when Israeli police harass Orthodox rabbis and other peaceful citizens protesting the bombing of Gaza and occupation of the West Bank? What Jewish democracy silences the voices of its own Jewish citizens who advocate for peace?

What civilized state, claiming to be interested in keeping traditions and heritage alive, erases the the historical and cultural heritage of the very land it is located on? From bombing Palestinian churches and mosques, to chopping down their olive orchards?

Why can't the most technologically advanced military in the Middle East afford more precise, surgical hits against targets but instead has leveled almost everything in Gaza?