Elle

Grammy Awards 2024 - Lana Del Rey Nominated for 5 Awards

2 minutes ago, americangothic said:

"Kintsugi" is definitely winning "Best Dance/Electronic Recording".

"Sweet" has the "Best Metal Performance" on the bag.

Mark my words.

I don’t know, Fingertips is close competition to Kintsugi :daydream:

stars in my eyes

⊹˚⋆ 𝒃𝒂𝒃𝒚 𝒃𝒍𝒖𝒆𝒔 ‧₊°   

After posting in this thread just before I went to bed I had a stupid dream about Lana at the Grammys lmfao… so here’s some free entertainment for y’all:

-

The first award (that Lana was nominated for) to be announced was Best Alternative Album and Lana won. When her name was read she stood up with a knowing smile on her face and looked back at someone in the crowd. She was wearing a pink dress in an Asian style with flowers embroidered on it in metallic thread (think the dresses from In The Mood For Love). It was kind of fugly tbh but still cute. 

Then as she walked up the steps Lana took a handful of paper stars (but a bit bigger, like origami) (from where? idk it’s a dream) and threw them all onto the stage.She stood at the podium for a second, then without saying anything she started doing some weird movements like a modern dance routine, did a cartwheel (uhuh), and then picked up a random paper from the floor. The camera zoomed into the paper stars and we could see each one had a number, the one she picked was #104. She took it to the podium unfolded it and read it, and all it said was something like “#104. Thank you. But I’m not #68 so you’ll never know.”

Then she left all the paper stars on the stage and walked off.  

-

Thanks for coming to my TED Talk  sjsjjsjs

7 minutes ago, honeyslow said:

After posting in this thread just before I went to bed I had a stupid dream about Lana at the Grammys lmfao… so here’s some free entertainment for y’all:

-

The first award (that Lana was nominated for) to be announced was Best Alternative Album and Lana won. When her name was read she stood up with a knowing smile on her face and looked back at someone in the crowd. She was wearing a pink dress in an Asian style with flowers embroidered on it in metallic thread (think the dresses from In The Mood For Love). It was kind of fugly tbh but still kind of cute. 

Then as she walked up the steps Lana took a handful of paper stars (but a bit bigger, like origami) (from where? idk it’s a dream) and threw them all onto the stage.She stood at the podium for a second, then without saying anything she started doing some weird movements like a modern dance routine, did a cartwheel (uhuh), and then picked up a random paper from the floor. The camera zoomed into the paper stars and we could see each one had a number, the one she picked was #104. She took it to the podium unfolded it and read it, and all it said was something like “#104. Thank you. But I’m not so #68 you’ll never know.”

Then she left all the paper stars on the stage and walked off.  

-

Thanks for coming to my TED Talk  sjsjjsjs

This is so camp omfg, they way how I envisioned this in my head reading it hahahah :omfg2: but #104... October 4? :tommy: and not #68 June 8? Deluluing moment rn

url%5D

I think she's getting 4/5. She deserves AOTY too but there's a lot of competition in that category :um2: 

The alt awards are basically set and CN has Jon + great song + not that strong competition:brows:

A&W was insanely praised by critics and SOTY is all about the songwriting so I can see her taking that one too.

giphy.gif

14 hours ago, mssainttropez said:

As someone who is a huge Taylor fan, she shouldn’t win AOTY. She already has so many Grammy’s, and sweeps every time. While I love Midnights, it doesn’t compare to the cinematography and depth of DYKTATUOB. I also am a huge fan of boygenius, the record is amazing, however, Lana has been around for over a decade and her work hasn’t been acknowledged by the Grammy’s. As for Olivia Rodrigo, she has an amazing voice but I don’t like her music. My little sister loves GUTS, so I know every song but again compared to Lana there’s just no competition. Anyways, manifesting for an LDR sweep <3

midnights is not AOTY material, I liked the album but it doesn't deserve it. 

Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters GIF - Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters -  Discover & Share GIFsin medias res: Gods and Monsters, Lana Del Rey

4 hours ago, Venice Peach said:

I think she's getting 4/5. She deserves AOTY too but there's a lot of competition in that category :um2: 

The alt awards are basically set and CN has Jon + great song + not that strong competition:brows:

A&W was insanely praised by critics and SOTY is all about the songwriting so I can see her taking that one too.

SOTY being about the song writing can play very much in Lana's favor, then I remember NFR song was also nominated and bad guy won, I like the song (bad guy) but the lyrics are mediocre. Either way A&W will take SOTY. 

Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters GIF - Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters -  Discover & Share GIFsin medias res: Gods and Monsters, Lana Del Rey

i've been thinking about this a lot lately. 

i can perfectly envision her winning album of the year and walking up on stage while the "don't forget me" part of ocean blvd plays. chills :angie:

as for the possibility of taylor taking home aoty, i can't say i wouldn't be disappointed. i really like midnights (and am one of the biggest taylor fans on here), but i don't find myself revisiting it nearly as much as i do ocean. i just know this grammy night is going to be one for the books.

violets in your eyes

I’m putting it here now she’s going to win 3 Grammys :true: Since she got nominated I’ve been envisioning her holding 3 on the red carpet afterwards. I want her to win more but that’s my prediction 

hyz6.gif

5 hours ago, honeyslow said:

Then as she walked up the steps Lana took a handful of paper stars (but a bit bigger, like origami) (from where? idk it’s a dream) and threw them all onto the stage

5 hours ago, honeyslow said:

something like “#104. Thank you. But I’m not #68 so you’ll never know.”

the way i can those happening

15 hours ago, mssainttropez said:

As someone who is a huge Taylor fan, she shouldn’t win AOTY. She already has so many Grammy’s, and sweeps every time. While I love Midnights, it doesn’t compare to the cinematography and depth of DYKTATUOB. I also am a huge fan of boygenius, the record is amazing, however, Lana has been around for over a decade and her work hasn’t been acknowledged by the Grammy’s. As for Olivia Rodrigo, she has an amazing voice but I don’t like her music. My little sister loves GUTS, so I know every song but again compared to Lana there’s just no competition. Anyways, manifesting for an LDR sweep <3

Agreed. No one else makes sense besides Lana for AOTY winner. I think it will come down to her and Olivia Rodrigo, but like you said, GUTS is no where near the lyrical masterpiece that is OB

I genuinely think SZA is the biggest threat to Lana for AOTY, but I am hoping her lack of campaigning and her reduced spotlight in the media after Kill Bill's hype died down means most of the voting members forgot about that album :runs: 

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

8 minutes ago, violettiaras said:

what’s our plan if she doesn’t win any

Anarchy Skates - Buy Anarchy aggressive inline skates & parts here

with the absolute heart of the poem of life butchered out of their own bodies good to eat a thousand years

4 minutes ago, violettiaras said:

what’s our plan if she doesn’t win any

We prepare for QFTC part 2. I hate that it’s not that unlikely that she could lose all the categories though. Taylor or SZA could easily win SOTY(I could see Billie winning this as well since they love her)  and AOTY. At least one of the alternative categories should be a lock but she had the bad luck of competing against boygenius who have a crazy amount of industry support(like Taylor Swift, SZA, Billie, and even Joan Baez) right now. I’m still hopeful that she will win at least one though(either Best alt performance or best pop duo). 

2 minutes ago, LifeOnMars said:

We prepare for QFTC part 2.

She's not gonna go off if she doesn't win omg give her more credit. She would very gracefully lose, and would never show any emotion or really speak about it (and yet ppl would still edit her to make her look like she was crying)

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

30 minutes ago, mermaidsparkle said:

Part of me still wonders if she'll even show up. I could totally see her skipping the Grammys to stay home and watch Ink Masters or whatever.

I think she’s for sure going to go. Even though the Grammys have done her dirty in the past it’s obvious she still holds them in a high regard. Especially since she posted a video on ig about how thrilled she was with the nominations and how she’s now aware of how Grammy campaigning works.

I’m ready for her to serve an amazing look and win :clapback:

hyz6.gif