Elle

Grammy Awards 2024 - Lana Del Rey Nominated for 5 Awards

I hate how half of these magazines and those flop voters are giving Taylor the win just because it’s Taylor :sadcore2:

I’m a swiftie right after I’m a lipster but nothing on Midnights deserves to win over Lana. 

hopefully a majority of the voters have half a brain cell and don’t vote for Taylor just because it’s Taylor, she’s won enough and will survive without sweeping yet again, it’s Lana’s turn damn it 

"Don’t forget me"

The sad thing about all of these award shows, especially today, is that there is no effort to be objective on the part of the judges.

Look at all the award nominations Joni Mitchell is receiving for a very tepid live album, on which other singers perform most of the songs. BUT. She's Joni Mitchell, she's a legend, she's influenced several generations of artists as well as the general public (including me), she didn't die after a very serious illness, she's in old age, and so of course, she must be nominated for awards no matter how unmusical and fourth-rate her 2023 live album is. 

So political correctness (and kowtowing to same), popular opinion, popular movie tie-ins, big business and commerce, publicity, campaigns to win, race, ethnicity, age, gender, reputation, all these things go into choosing the winners--as they did in choosing the nominees. Talent seems to matter last, or the artistic worth of a particular album, song, or project. 

I'd of course like Lana to win one or more Grammies, but I stand with Marlon Brando in thinking these award shows are arbitrary and not worth much. Even the Academy Awards don't count for much any more. 

56 minutes ago, takemybreath said:

finally a publication that knows she should be the winner

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

1 hour ago, pinewoodlogs said:

just wanna say this: she is going to look absolutely stunning. the gown is NOT from the mall this time!

amen! hope she wears rodarte

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

Giving Taylor AOTY for Midnights cheapens her other AOTY wins (which were objectively more interesting and musical) and I say that as a huge Midnights fan. OB is the only option :true:

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

1 hour ago, ArtDecoVintageGirl said:

It's this Sunday guys and gals ❤

She's going to slay with the looks , she was so stunning at that event with Jack yesterday.

Get ready because Lasso will bring home a bunch Grammys too 

I thought it was Monday for some reason. I'm so nervous if they get her there, sit next to Taylor and then give her nothing I'll seethe.  She really deserves all 5. 

you'd think taylor was radioactive the way some people on instagram are reacting to the seating chart :awk:

it's okay not to like a person or their art but jesus. it's just a seat, and a good one close to the stage at that

violets in your eyes

9 hours ago, takemybreath said:

i think Billie will win SOTY cuz that song became very popular and is ""deep”” to many people

honestly i really want lana to win aoty but that seems impossible so i really prefer Olivia Rodrigo to win it tbh I think Taylor already has too many grammys and lets be honest, Midnights isn’t her best

2 hours ago, Mer said:

Giving Taylor AOTY for Midnights cheapens her other AOTY wins (which were objectively more interesting and musical) and I say that as a huge Midnights fan. OB is the only option :true:

I saw someone describing album of the year as more “wow, what a year this album had” rather than actually the best album of the year and that’s the only reason I could see midnights deserving to win. I love midnights too but objectively it’s not as good as Folklore or 1989 or even Fearless.

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

6 minutes ago, JonBatisteInterlude said:

Wait so are the alternative categories being announced before or after the show

Probably before, but there is apparently a live stream with all of those early winners that starts at 3:30 ET

tumblr-offofn-R8-LN1qj7kyho1-640.gif

.・゜゜・ ⋆·˚ ༘ * GIVE PEACE A CHANCE  ˚ ༘ ⋆。˚ ・゜゜・.