ultrabanisters

Lana for Harper's Bazaar December/January 2024 Art Issue

The video interview is perfect :gclap:Loved the insight to the personal importance of Amazing Grace. And shoutout to the fellow Cancer suns, felt real connected to her in that way :wub: “Total crybaby, tears all the time”

7 minutes ago, Rorman Nockwell said:

I read this bit about 5 times and gave up :scoff:

I'm glad she doesn't have Twitter anymore because this journo went on and on (and on and on) about authenticity and being suspicious and I feel like that'll make her a bit mad when she reads it

pretty much talking about how she needs to feel grounded, have her feet on the ground (know herself better) before she dives into more relationships. 

if you dont know yourself, how can you pick out your perfect partner?

s a y y e s t o h e a v e n :twirls:

6 minutes ago, Rorman Nockwell said:

I read this bit about 5 times and gave up :scoff:

she means she's not fully grounded in her sense of self to go for a romantic relationship again. and she says if you don't feel connected to who you are as a person, truly know yourself, then real love is unreachable/far away

Just now, 111 said:

she means she's not fully grounded in her sense of self to go for a romantic relationship again. and she says if you don't feel connected to who you are as a person, truly know yourself, then real love is unreachable/far away

ha, we posted at the same time <3

s a y y e s t o h e a v e n :twirls:

6 minutes ago, drippingbeaches said:

pretty much talking about how she needs to feel grounded, have her feet on the ground (know herself better) before she dives into more relationships. 

if you dont know yourself, how can you pick out your perfect partner?

6 minutes ago, 111 said:

Thanks, like I got it but I also felt like I was getting dementia reading it :silly:

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

3 minutes ago, Rorman Nockwell said:

Thanks, like I got it but I also felt like I was getting dementia reading it :silly:

oh you can tell she is that poet girl with the way she just can't say things like they are and has to make elaborate metaphors and sort of cover up the meaning in a beautiful way whenever she is explaining something, that's why she is the best songwriter of our generation like... 

1 minute ago, 111 said:

oh you can tell she is that poet girl with the way she just can't say things like they are and has to make elaborate metaphors and sort of cover up the meaning in a beautiful way whenever she is explaining something, that's why she is the best songwriter of our generation like... 

"My thoughts are shaped like men" took me OUT

I was trying to guess her answer to that question before I read it and I expected she'd say some shit about how they metamorphose and are not of a fixed shape but I did not expect that

:thumb:

Just now, Rorman Nockwell said:

"My thoughts are shaped like men" took me OUT

I was trying to guess her answer to that question before I read it and I expected she'd say some shit about how they metamorphose and are not of a fixed shape but I did not expect that

:thumb:

honestly... she has never been more relatable like same girl

2 minutes ago, honey dew said:

I need a 'Everything Lana Del Rey Eats in a Day' video next. I need to hear her inevitably say something unbelievable and random like "I eat pancakes every day and have done so for the last 13 years"

She's like vegan or whatever so no pancakes. Unless they have vegan ones? No eggs? Not sure. 

37 minutes ago, 111 said:

right but if someone made me think of 1000 ways to say this not even 1 of them would come remotely close to Lana's choice of phrasing 

4 minutes ago, fl0r1dakil0s said:

right but if someone made me think of 1000 ways to say this not even 1 of them would come remotely close to Lana's choice of phrasing 

She would do well as a politician. She's like the queen of Fedspeak. 

Felt like I was going insane reading this thread bc I LOVED the interview :hdu:  Such a thoughtful and intimate character sketch imo, I didn't mind not getting music tea because this just felt special and personal. I totally get being sick of the authenticity debate, but I think it's still relevant in that LDR *just* seems to be fully shaking that off in the public consciousness -- and as such, I really liked that the interviewer was transparent about what preconceived notions she had before/as she interviewed Lana. I think you'd be hard-pressed as an entertainment journalist to not carry at least some of those claims in the back of your head, given how widespread they've been since the early 2010s, so I found it super refreshing that she was up-front about what lens she was viewing Lana through. I think writing on LDR is owed that kind of clarity and candidness after so many instances of journalists intentionally misrepresenting her in their coverage :oprah3: I'll take a million more interviews like this, from people who seem genuinely and respectfully curious about Lana, and are doing something a little different than a streamlined publicity piece (or mean-spirited takedowns, ofc)

o4qjp4j.png

11 minutes ago, fl0r1dakil0s said:

that's why she is THE songwriter of our times... and not you bestie :makeup: her brain is just too big 

She totally said "Ar-Kansas" instead of "Ark-an-saw" too

They should just officially change the pronunciation because 1. the actual pronunciation makes no sense, and, 2. she said so

Also do you think she LITERALLY threw her 14-carat gold Gemini jewellery in the rubbish because