Elle

Milan, IT @ I-Days Milano - June 4th, 2024

i got fucking diarrhea and a panic attack in the middle of Ocean Blvd and I’ve never felt so humbled shitting in a festival toilet coffin while singing Ocean Blvd and Arcadia

I also went to the medical tent for Video Games and there was this girl who was crying and it all felt so iconic and like a new core memory

other that that, slay

3 minutes ago, Shadowheart said:

i got fucking diarrhea and a panic attack in the middle of Ocean Blvd and I’ve never felt so humbled shitting in a festival toilet coffin while singing Ocean Blvd and Arcadia

I also went to the medical tent for Video Games and there was this girl who was crying and it all felt so iconic and like a new core memory

other that that, slay

Omg a true festival 

experience

glad you survived  

IM STRONGER THANgiphy.gifALL MY MEN...

2 hours ago, Shadowheart said:

other that that, slay

Hope you’re okay but you couldn’t torture this information out of me:trisha4:

44 minutes ago, sierramadre said:

genuine question tho, does anybody here like Young & Beautiful as a closer with that jazz outro? it was fun for Coachella, but I just don’t think it’s even close to as impactful as closing with Ocean Blvd. 

can’t beat ottr and Venice bitch I’m afraid 

The show was amazing, honestly. She was serving vocals now and then, and the atmosphere was kind of mystical: people were quiet + lightnings were popping up in the sky while there was no rain 

1 hour ago, Shadowheart said:

This is some of the most iconic shit (pun intended) I’ve read on this forum :oprah:

a lana concert is always fun and of course the majority of attendees won't be going in knowing which songs to expect, but i honestly feel like part of what makes this setlist feel less impactful is how its ordered, it feels a bit random and doesn't flow quite as well and the peaks and valleys are just not where they should be, y'know? like if the setlist was the same but in this order, i feel like it would be a little better:  

Spoiler

1. A&W
  2. Doin' Time
  3. Born To Die
  4. Pretty When You Cry
  5. Cherry
  6. West Coast
  7. Norman Fucking Rockwell
  8. Bartender
  9. Hope Is A Dangerous Thing
  10. Without You
  11. Chemtrails Over The Country Club
  12. The Grants
  13. Ride
  14. Arcadia
  15. Summertime Sadness
  16. Young & Beautiful
  17. Video Games
  18. Tunnel Under Ocean Blvd

that being said.... man, this setlist is just not good. the 2023 setlist wasn't perfect but it was better than this, right? is it just me who thinks that? :assad: not an actual complaint because i'm so so excited to be witnessing this setlist live later this year bc i love lana so it's gonna be amazing regardless! and i get to hear without you and doin time likeeeee that's a slay!! but idk... some minor quibbles / explanations as to why i have an issue w the current setlist:

• i can't help but feel like lana should be performing at least 20 songs. is that unreasonable? even if she shortened some songs so that she didn't get completely exhausted or whatever idk i just feel like 18 songs is not enough (and they're not even all full-length songs either)
  • we need more ocean blvd songs im sorry i know we should stop expecting newer material bc we know how lana works but :tiffany2: playing only THREE ocean blvd songs (and two of them are shortened!!) is WILD, especially when she gave us a full live-band version of peppers before and it sounded amazing and was a breath of fresh air on the setlist - it should have a permanent spot! and not singing let the light in is craaaaazy given its success! candy necklace was a highlight for me when i saw it performed at hyde park last year, but i could've forgiven its removal from the setlist if there was another OB song added to replace it, but there's not! so why remove the song when it sounded soooo good and came from the most recent record!? just crazy. i'll take judah smith interlude live at this point if that's what it takes to get more OB content on the setlist idc
  • as much as i complain about the same old songs on the setlist, no blue jeans feels criminal - yes it's been around for a while but it's a classic and a good sing-along moment
  • summertime sadness def isn't my favourite or most anticipated song, but it's such a huge moment - it needs to come later in the setlist
  • setlist doesn't flow well - jimmy jimmy cocoa puff is so out of place after the intense weight of HIADT, it's like sonic and emotional whiplash
  • young & beautiful's jazz outro is cute but the song itself is not enough of a climax to be a strong closer
  • i'm more than happy for lana to have plenty of ballads on the setlist because they sound beautiful and they're such a significant part of her discography, but... i'm so sorry call me basic and a fake fan but i can't help feeling like the show needs a shot of energy and a tempo change every now and then. these fun songs literally exist in lana's discography too, including on her most recent albums, that's the baffling thing - i wouldn't expect her to give us a setlist full of pussy poppers, but lana has plenty of these more upbeat (or even mid-to-up-tempo) songs, so why not play a couple more!? diet mountain dew was soooo fun last year, or there's always brooklyn baby / OTTR / burning desire / PEPPERS !!! / summer bummer / get free / taco truck x vb / black bathing suit / lolita / fuck it i love you / high by the beach / florida kilos....
  • ironically, i also feel like she could switch up her ballads a little bit too. it would be cool for the slot after ride to be kinda like a surprise each time, maybe rotating between arcadia / LMLYLAW  / old money / HIAB / american / cherry blossom / sweet / is this happiness or something
  • a new medley would be cool just to give us the chance to hear some more songs, even if it was just a little of each song
  • this is probs an unpopular opinion, but you know how everyone is bored of bartender? well... that's how i feel about pretty when you cry :creep:

anyway, just having a little rant - realistically i'll be screaming and crying regardless of the setlist :omfg2:

Wq9zHLl.jpg

12 minutes ago, daphnedinkley said:

a lana concert is always fun and of course the majority of attendees won't be going in knowing which songs to expect, but i honestly feel like part of what makes this setlist feel less impactful is how its ordered, it feels a bit random and doesn't flow quite as well and the peaks and valleys are just not where they should be, y'know? like if the setlist was the same but in this order, i feel like it would be a little better:  

Hide contents

1. A&W
  2. Doin' Time
  3. Born To Die
  4. Pretty When You Cry
  5. Cherry
  6. West Coast
  7. Norman Fucking Rockwell
  8. Bartender
  9. Hope Is A Dangerous Thing
  10. Without You
  11. Chemtrails Over The Country Club
  12. The Grants
  13. Ride
  14. Arcadia
  15. Summertime Sadness
  16. Young & Beautiful
  17. Video Games
  18. Tunnel Under Ocean Blvd

that being said.... man, this setlist is just not good. the 2023 setlist wasn't perfect but it was better than this, right? is it just me who thinks that? :assad: not an actual complaint because i'm so so excited to be witnessing this setlist live later this year bc i love lana so it's gonna be amazing regardless! and i get to hear without you and doin time likeeeee that's a slay!! but idk... some minor quibbles / explanations as to why i have an issue w the current setlist:

• i can't help but feel like lana should be performing at least 20 songs. is that unreasonable? even if she shortened some songs so that she didn't get completely exhausted or whatever idk i just feel like 18 songs is not enough (and they're not even all full-length songs either)
  • we need more ocean blvd songs im sorry i know we should stop expecting newer material bc we know how lana works but :tiffany2: playing only THREE ocean blvd songs (and two of them are shortened!!) is WILD, especially when she gave us a full live-band version of peppers before and it sounded amazing and was a breath of fresh air on the setlist - it should have a permanent spot! and not singing let the light in is craaaaazy given its success! candy necklace was a highlight for me when i saw it performed at hyde park last year, but i could've forgiven its removal from the setlist if there was another OB song added to replace it, but there's not! so why remove the song when it sounded soooo good and came from the most recent record!? just crazy. i'll take judah smith interlude live at this point if that's what it takes to get more OB content on the setlist idc
  • as much as i complain about the same old songs on the setlist, no blue jeans feels criminal - yes it's been around for a while but it's a classic and a good sing-along moment
  • summertime sadness def isn't my favourite or most anticipated song, but it's such a huge moment - it needs to come later in the setlist
  • setlist doesn't flow well - jimmy jimmy cocoa puff is so out of place after the intense weight of HIADT, it's like sonic and emotional whiplash
  • young & beautiful's jazz outro is cute but the song itself is not enough of a climax to be a strong closer
  • i'm more than happy for lana to have plenty of ballads on the setlist because they sound beautiful and they're such a significant part of her discography, but... i'm so sorry call me basic and a fake fan but i can't help feeling like the show needs a shot of energy and a tempo change every now and then. these fun songs literally exist in lana's discography too, including on her most recent albums, that's the baffling thing - i wouldn't expect her to give us a setlist full of pussy poppers, but lana has plenty of these more upbeat (or even mid-to-up-tempo) songs, so why not play a couple more!? diet mountain dew was soooo fun last year, or there's always brooklyn baby / OTTR / burning desire / PEPPERS !!! / summer bummer / get free / taco truck x vb / black bathing suit / lolita / fuck it i love you / high by the beach / florida kilos....
  • ironically, i also feel like she could switch up her ballads a little bit too. it would be cool for the slot after ride to be kinda like a surprise each time, maybe rotating between arcadia / LMLYLAW  / old money / HIAB / american / cherry blossom / sweet / is this happiness or something
  • a new medley would be cool just to give us the chance to hear some more songs, even if it was just a little of each song
  • this is probs an unpopular opinion, but you know how everyone is bored of bartender? well... that's how i feel about pretty when you cry :creep:

anyway, just having a little rant - realistically i'll be screaming and crying regardless of the setlist :omfg2:

This is such a good post. 

1 hour ago, sierramadre said:

genuine question tho, does anybody here like Young & Beautiful as a closer with that jazz outro? it was fun for Coachella, but I just don’t think it’s even close to as impactful as closing with Ocean Blvd. 

i'm not sure young and beautiful itself works as a closer for me but i LOVED the outro especially for coachella. however nothing is going to beat ottr extended outro closer i've said it before and i'll say it again we need her back :agree:

♡ i'm a princess, i'm divisive 

1 hour ago, Shadowheart said:

I’ve never felt so humbled shitting in a festival toilet coffin while singing Ocean Blvd and Arcadia

I cant :thumb3:

“In Arcaaadiaaa” *BLRRPP*
“Arcaaadiaaaa” *PHHHTT*

“All roads that lead to you *PFFT* as integral to me as arteries”

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b95237ep20gi51lvjl437x

Why does she dance on the pole then go straight to Bartender :xgiggle:

1 minute ago, yourlocalhobo said:

Huh I just heard she didn’t come down after the show is it true? 😮

There were no stairs set up so that's probably why but yeah she didn't come down at all

6 minutes ago, ChelseaLeeArts said:

Why does she dance on the pole then go straight to Bartender :xgiggle:

There were no stairs set up so that's probably why but yeah she didn't come down at all

Oh okay, I didn’t see that, I was more in the back. Feeling a bit sorry for barricade folks. 
thank you for answering x