Elle

Indio, CA @ Coachella: Weekend 1 - April 12th, 2024

4 minutes ago, West Coast said:

I know it's hard pill to swallow for some fans, but for a lot of people, unless you're a hardcore Lana fan, she's just not a very exciting live act--and if you add the lack of upbeat material to the equation, it really doesn't help defeating that perception. :oprah6:

unfortunately that is true but the thing is lana HAS the material, she just doesn't want to do it live 

1 minute ago, oldandugly said:

Idk about u guys but I could feel the tension like all the way throughout, like lana was definetly stressed or angry or something

I feel bad speculating but I kinda thought 

Lana looked stressed, the backup singers look pissed, billie was so awkward etc 

somethin was in the air 

I blame the crowd 😭😂😅 and whenever was in charge of the sound stuff 

6 minutes ago, twinkletoes7 said:

well, that's not true tbh. she's always been a nervous performer. and she's sober now if u get what I mean so she's not gonna get that level of confidence she used to have, that's really all it is probably. I even feel gross for saying that since its so personal but its just what I think

kinda think  she just prefers smaller venues

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7gqsj2bjkxgmq77zi79zc36i0w705phy1th23hnvz&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

⁺.⊹ ࣪ ˖  𝒸𝒶𝓉𝒸𝒽 𝒶 𝓌𝒶𝓋𝑒 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓉𝒶𝓀𝑒 𝒾𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝓌𝑒𝑒𝓉𝓃𝑒𝓈𝓈 ₊˚.༄

1 minute ago, Lanaparadiserey said:

MITA and Glastonbury lowkey outsold and out-stunned

Mita was genuinely insane tho I rewatch the video of it on YouTube all the time

012-C93-B4-6-D8-C-4-BE9-8144-17-BF69-F27

I love her but these 7 songs are not for Coachella, I would replace them with these popular ones :tiffany2:

1- Blue Jeans

2- Coachella

3- let the light in

4- Cinnamon girl or say yes to heaven

5- taco truck or peppers

6- Brooklyn baby or florida kilos

7- Salvatore or art deco

1 minute ago, oldandugly said:

Idk about u guys but I could feel the tension like all the way throughout, like lana was definetly stressed or angry or something

I think she was just nervous she got more at ease halfway through lol but I noticed she kept having to tell them to change Byron’s volume 

Just now, Psychedelic Pussy said:

Humiliating that Billie was effortlessly singing pitch perfect notes while fucking around, as Lana struggled to JUST get words out of her mouth during literally every song 

Okay but fr can we acknowledge what an unbelievably stunning voice billie has good lord I was mystified 

the only summary I can come up with after this performance is: Lana Del Rey is fighting with a glitchy crispy mic for 1 hour 40 minutes straight 

Lana-Del-Rey-Burning-desire-gif-lana-del
I drive fast, wind in my hair, I push you to the limits 'cause I just don't care

1 minute ago, drugmunny said:

It is technically her job to entertain the crowd. the audience also can't really get hype on a bunch of acoustic deep cuts

I know you’re right with that, but the start seemed so energetic from her end and then after she seemed off I’m not sure what happened it’s a combination of so many things 

giphy.gif  

1 minute ago, trashmagik said:

i wish she’d strip the set back.. how it was was - barefoot, smoking cigarettes on stage 

agreed, those shows were much more vibey

i do think we will get a much better performance next week bc nerves/her knowing what to expect etc but there is no way in hell we are getting a new setlist

aOaIzH2.gif

Just now, X8vinylScratchX said:

The moral of the story is NEVER trust a sound check. Gn

she played all the soundchecked songs tho afaik 

22 minutes ago, The Grants said:

now be honest were you guys really expecting any song other than her literal greatest hits? its the biggest festival on the planet she was NOT going to play Black Bathing Suit or White Dress for that fuckass crowd

so why play bartender the grants nfr and arcadia for the millionth time for the biggest festival on the planet ? those are NOT hits nor are they upbeat songs. i literally don’t know what it will take for the setlist to change 

Just now, West Coast said:

I don't think that's entirely true, her MITA performance this last year was iconique, I honestly think that had it not been for obvious technical issues, she seemed quite energetic tonight. 

She did. Whoever gave her that mic should go to hell

ezgif-com-crop-1.gif