Elle

Indio, CA @ Coachella: Weekend 1 - April 12th, 2024

i thought the set was fine :whatever2: it was clear she was very nervous on top of whatever mic issues were going on. i'm sure it would have helped if this wasn't her first show since like october or whatever. also someone mentioned on here last night that we have to remember that most people aren't watching every single performance she does and the setlist doesn't bother them which i do think is true to some extent. idk i would like some new songs but the jealous girl intro gagged me enough for the night i'll be so honest with you. i also don't particularly agree with the whole coachella needs a bunch of upbeat songs thing, but i do think she could've thrown a couple more in the middle (like even if jimmy was more towards the middle, though i did like the whole idea of hope standing in place of the first half of a&w). anyways, i have hope for weekend 2 in terms of tech issues & confidence :agree:

10 minutes ago, Coney Island King said:

She looked gorgeous and i liked the stage. 

The Billie duets were so sweet.

That motorbike ride in was iconic.

this is everything i just came here to say. thank you :party:

The jazz outros sounded so familiar does anyone know what songs they are? The struggles of liking jazz is you can’t google lyrics lol.

Also- the tunnel video! We need to find the original!

Ugh, the "Jealous Girl" intro was one for the ages! Poor baby looked flawless but scared to death and kind of frozen for the first part...like the china doll of "Without You" in fact. I loved that the band played "West Coast" but...she didn't sing it. Instrumental and then backing vocals, with her back to the audience. :aw:

She seemed to visibly relax with Jon Batiste, though--that man is pure sunshine, just the most wonderful energy. I wondered what she was saying to him before the song; he was making a concerned sympathetic face like she was saying "I'm freaking out and the audio is fucked" or something. She was disturbingly convincing when she whispered "feeling super suicidal". :crying4: But she started singing more strongly and freely by the end of the song. And then she went for the pole!! :dance3: Their improv bit was SO GOOD and she seemed way happier then. They made it sound like "candy necklaces" were either drugs or something sexual, whew. It's all they ever wanted. :blush3:

When she said, "sometimes you need someone else's spirit to move with you", that was so real. She was happy after that and totally relaxed with Billie, and they were ADORABLE together! :wub:

Whew, what a rollercoaster. 

‘Fucking God bless us all and let’s hope we make it through this.’
~LDR, Flaunt

that outro :worship: easily one of the most iconic moments of her entire career:defeated::defeated::defeated:

it went from delightful americana to haunted 4th of July parade/The Shining to an 80's Guess supermodel/astronaut's wife/Marilyn being saluted by a line of hell's angels as she floated away into darkness :oprah2:

i had to watch video games with billie like 3 more times because it was just so beautiful MY GODDDD the piano??!!! their voices together!!!???? i cried. 

b8fb308f62bc307cb609c5c262b3f165195480f8

↻ ◁ II ▷ ↺

wrap you up in my daisy chains - don't be a bummer, babe.....

17 minutes ago, violettiaras said:

The jazz outros sounded so familiar does anyone know what songs they are? The struggles of liking jazz is you can’t google lyrics lol.

Postmodern Jukebox version of Young and Beautiful? 

oh my god the entertrance. it really makes me love this performance, regardless of a lacking setlist. and her starting with without you was such a pleasant surprise. loved the look :wubna:

21 minutes ago, violettiaras said:

violets in your eyes

49 minutes ago, Embach said:

From her stylist's @mollyddickson Instagram stories!

1.jpg

Anyone knows if the original SNL dress was D&G, too? 

It was expensive watch it 

20 minutes ago, violettiaras said:

not sure but i think is this one