Elle

Indio, CA @ Coachella: Weekend 1 - April 12th, 2024

i do still think that her slowest songs back to back (with an exception of a few) as a setlist for coachella is an interesting choice………. but she still looked and sounded beautiful. and her singing with billie was incredible.

the faulty sound engineering and fucked up mic did not help at all, but if i was there in that crowd i would be eternally grateful to have seen that performance and im sure 95% if not 100% of that crowd did not leave feeling unhappy. a friend of mine posted her pov of the performance while actually being there and her mic did not sound the same as it did on the stream! so im sure it was even better in person 

7 minutes ago, Divisive Princess said:

Can I just say that idk what it looked like on streaming, but I was there and it was unbelievable. I was in shock the whole time. Lana drove by on the motorcycle literally right in front of me. I feel like I still haven’t processed what I saw??

I can’t wait for this weekend two:party:

12 minutes ago, Vertimus said:

I find that people's expectations of live shows are usually too high. It's the experience that counts, not the vocal and instrumental perfection that makes the event. 

Being from another generation than most of you, some acts I've seen live, like Jeff Buckley, Leonard Cohen, the Rolling Stones, Yma Sumac, and Midnight Oil, and, in days of yore, The Clash, the Sex Pistols, the Pretenders, the Cars, and Linda Ronstadt were spot-on and perfect without sacrificing energy or originality, while others, like Blondie, Fleetwood Mac, and Marianne Faithfull--whom I've seen more times than any other artist--sounded less than letter-perfect, to put it mildly (though Faithfull's performances varied wildly from excellent to poor). 

I think we all know by this time that, in terms of sound and vocals, Lana's songs are not going to sound exactly like the studio versions for several reasons, like those stated here, cutting the bridges, skipping verses, or an audio set-up that doesn't quite do her vocals justice. 

As I've said here before, Lana doesn't have the powerhouse voice of a Whitney Houston, an Anne Wilson,  a Mariah Carey, or a Linda Ronstadt, vocalists who could almost break a crystal glass with their voices. So I wouldn't expect that. 

Just seeing Lana enter on the back of that motorcycle was enough for me. 

omg the clash, the stones, blondie, cohen, buckley, linda.. the whole list i’m jealous!

Ok sorry for spamming but I’m just catching up and I can’t believe people are picking up on weird vibes like she was pissed or nervous. Got literally none of that irl. She seemed confident and happy. Jack was 100% pissed but Lana was glowing and happy. The way she performed reminded me of earlier performances in her career (maybe 2014ish). Maybe that’s why she seemed sad?  It’s crazy that that’s the takeaway bc it could not seem more opposite in the moment. 

since there weren’t that many production elements like we thought, it would not be hard to switch the set list up a bit for w2

i am kind of over all my other disappointments that were largely due to everyone around her over hyping what was to come, but I do feel like they need to inject some energy into the middle and cut the piano only songs 

the reception online is mostly better than expected I feel like, I expected publications to be meh on it but whatever

Maybe the performance wasn't that bad as we thought and maybe we were just grouchy/ tired from staying up for hours expecting something totally unrealistic :keyboard:

2bfdb5f27c0411b17e7345642d0743ba99f47af0
 𝓟𝓾𝓽 𝓶𝓮 𝓸𝓷𝓽𝓸 𝔂𝓸𝓾𝓻 𝓫𝓵𝓪𝓬𝓴 𝓶𝓸𝓽𝓸𝓻𝓬𝔂𝓬𝓵𝓮

𝓕𝓲𝓯𝓽𝓲𝓮𝓼 𝓫𝓪𝓫𝔂 𝓭𝓸𝓵𝓵 𝓭𝓻𝓮𝓼𝓼 𝓯𝓸𝓻 𝓶𝔂 '𝓘 𝓭𝓸' 

𝓘𝓽 𝓸𝓷𝓵𝔂 𝓽𝓪𝓴𝓮𝓼 𝓽𝔀𝓸 𝓱𝓸𝓾𝓻𝓼 𝓽𝓸 𝓝𝓮𝓿𝓪𝓭𝓪

⋆.˚⭒⋆.˚─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───⋆.˚⭒⋆.˚ 

4 minutes ago, Divisive Princess said:

Ok sorry for spamming but I’m just catching up and I can’t believe people are picking up on weird vibes like she was pissed or nervous. Got literally none of that irl. She seemed confident and happy. Jack was 100% pissed but Lana was glowing and happy. The way she performed reminded me of earlier performances in her career (maybe 2014ish). Maybe that’s why she seemed sad?  It’s crazy that that’s the takeaway bc it could not seem more opposite in the moment. 

Did people really not cheer for Jack or did I just not notice? Cause that could explain him looking like that lol. He seems generally like a pissy person, a few weeks ago he walked out of a interview cause they mentioned Taylor. 

11 minutes ago, Vertimus said:

Thank you, I've made it a point to see as many artists I admire as possible, and on occasion was just in the right place at the right time (Jeff Buckley and Yma Sumac, for example). 

I would love to hear all about that! That’s amazing!! Jeff and lana are my top artists of all time!

14 minutes ago, Divisive Princess said:

Can I just say that idk what it looked like on streaming, but I was there and it was unbelievable. I was in shock the whole time. Lana drove by on the motorcycle literally right in front of me. I feel like I still haven’t processed what I saw??

oh my god i’m so jealous!! how was it waiting for her?

giphy.gif

2 minutes ago, violettiaras said:

omg the clash, the stones, blondie, cohen, buckley, linda.. the whole list i’m jealous!

Thank you—though I've never seen Nico, Joni Mitchell, Tori Amos, Carly Simon (who rarely if ever tours), or Lana, and probably never will see Lana, though of course I'd love to.

I've lived in NYC for a long time and that's made it very easy to see so many fantastic musicians, like J. Buckley when he was almost an unknown playing in the East Village. 

7 minutes ago, Daytona Beach Sparkler said:

Maybe the performance wasn't that bad as we thought and maybe we were just grouchy/ tired from staying up for hours expecting something totally unrealistic :keyboard:

Yeah I’m probably not gonna participate in delu behaviors on here any more. Lana boards had me picturing her flying in the air with a gun singing summer bummer with asap and her making out at end.

when meanwhile her entrance and exit plus gorgeous stage and fire works was on another level in itself… we’re being so ungrateful….

3 minutes ago, Ultraviolencequeen said:

Lana boards had me picturing her flying in the air with a gun singing summer bummer with asap and her making out at end.

when meanwhile her entrance and exit plus gorgeous stage and fire works was on another level in itself… we’re being so ungrateful….

i totally agree w u i think the show was amazing i was frustrated w some of the song choices at the time and mic issues but seriously it was amazing. i loved hearing her gain confidence- the confidence she gained only 3 songs in is really impressive! i imagine next saturday she’d be even more comfortable

i literally believed she was going to come in a helicopter like i need to re evaluate my brain

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, Ultraviolencequeen said:

Yeah I’m probably not gonna participate in delu behaviors on here any more. Lana boards had me picturing her flying in the air with a gun singing summer bummer with asap and her making out at end.

Maybe the haters and critics we were worrying about are actually us :crying2:

2bfdb5f27c0411b17e7345642d0743ba99f47af0
 𝓟𝓾𝓽 𝓶𝓮 𝓸𝓷𝓽𝓸 𝔂𝓸𝓾𝓻 𝓫𝓵𝓪𝓬𝓴 𝓶𝓸𝓽𝓸𝓻𝓬𝔂𝓬𝓵𝓮

𝓕𝓲𝓯𝓽𝓲𝓮𝓼 𝓫𝓪𝓫𝔂 𝓭𝓸𝓵𝓵 𝓭𝓻𝓮𝓼𝓼 𝓯𝓸𝓻 𝓶𝔂 '𝓘 𝓭𝓸' 

𝓘𝓽 𝓸𝓷𝓵𝔂 𝓽𝓪𝓴𝓮𝓼 𝓽𝔀𝓸 𝓱𝓸𝓾𝓻𝓼 𝓽𝓸 𝓝𝓮𝓿𝓪𝓭𝓪

⋆.˚⭒⋆.˚─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───⋆.˚⭒⋆.˚ 

4 minutes ago, twinkletoes7 said:

i literally believed she was going to come in a helicopter like i need to re evaluate my brain

same lmao some part of me was genuinely thinking she was gonna start singing hit it&run or go-go dancer or boom like that….. like how did i even get there