Elle

Indio, CA @ Coachella: Weekend 1 - April 12th, 2024

3 minutes ago, Mer said:

Del Rey has become an icon for the dour and terminally online” 

I really hate The Guardian’s portrayal of us as depressed incels, especially since we probably fuck more as a fandom than every other one combined. 

we' and the charli xcx fandom have to be the most sexually active fandom..., they may be right about the depression tho

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/59/40/90/5940903240da03ab6f8c1a9c79a31773.jpg

4 minutes ago, NikoGo said:

" This time, she rode in on a biker motorcade, clad in a baby blue sequin dress, smiling and waving like the beauty queens she’s prone to singing about. It was ambitious, lively crowd work – literal momentum to started the show off right. But then she opened her mouth." 

is completely brutal. 

Can we get this negativity out of here 

1 hour ago, Rock Candy said:

Oh, this mashup of a Jealous Girl with a Suicide Gangsta. I LUV IT SO MUUUCH

I'm still not over that intro like that was actually insane :yell:

2bfdb5f27c0411b17e7345642d0743ba99f47af0
 𝓟𝓾𝓽 𝓶𝓮 𝓸𝓷𝓽𝓸 𝔂𝓸𝓾𝓻 𝓫𝓵𝓪𝓬𝓴 𝓶𝓸𝓽𝓸𝓻𝓬𝔂𝓬𝓵𝓮

𝓕𝓲𝓯𝓽𝓲𝓮𝓼 𝓫𝓪𝓫𝔂 𝓭𝓸𝓵𝓵 𝓭𝓻𝓮𝓼𝓼 𝓯𝓸𝓻 𝓶𝔂 '𝓘 𝓭𝓸' 

𝓘𝓽 𝓸𝓷𝓵𝔂 𝓽𝓪𝓴𝓮𝓼 𝓽𝔀𝓸 𝓱𝓸𝓾𝓻𝓼 𝓽𝓸 𝓝𝓮𝓿𝓪𝓭𝓪

⋆.˚⭒⋆.˚─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───⋆.˚⭒⋆.˚ 

8 minutes ago, twinkletoes7 said:

i totally agree w u i think the show was amazing i was frustrated w some of the song choices at the time and mic issues but seriously it was amazing. i loved hearing her gain confidence- the confidence she gained only 3 songs in is really impressive! i imagine next saturday she’d be even more comfortable

i literally believed she was going to come in a helicopter like i need to re evaluate my brain

ok but the helicopter would've been iconic i need to see that next weekend :trisha3:

b8fb308f62bc307cb609c5c262b3f165195480f8

↻ ◁ II ▷ ↺

wrap you up in my daisy chains - don't be a bummer, babe.....

Damn the Guardian really dragged her for no good reason? Sounds like it was written by someone who hated Lana before even watching the show. Maybe still thinks she’s a Zionist or whatever. Honestly her vocals were good and she looked stunning. Her vocals were especially strong on the Ocean Blvd songs. I don’t get why people are complaining about her vocals when this is exactly how she’s performed at all those festivals in 2023 too. My only issues are the set list and over reliance on playback vocals and the audience. But other than that I thought it was really great.

tumblr_mx1rynpDqV1rh0xc7o1_500.gif

Opening with Jealous Girl just to bait and switch to more than half the set being all piano ballads is very on brand of her. I think the setlist was hypothetically fine, but the order is a bit messy. I do think instead of Bartender she should have done The Greatest, VB (shortened) or CG. The Grants, Tunnel, and Arcadia all should have been switched out though. I know her set list hasn't changed much but to open with Jealous Girl into Without you into West Coast into Doin Time really made it seem like she was going to switch it majorly up, but those were the only 3 differnet songs

"Don’t forget me"

54 minutes ago, Fireffie said:

But she also sang Summertime Sadness, Video Games, Young and Beautiful, Ride and the crowd was quieter than usual :smh:. idk about the US but in Europe these were huge hits and sometimes they still play them in radios. I just think she deserved a better crowd (like South American ones) 

It's a huuuuuge crowd. HUGE ...  Many of those people don't know any of those songs. Most of those hits are 10 years old, for a start. 

For me, her confidence was severely lacking. To get the crowd on your side, you can't come across as timid. Which is why Billie was the highlight. She commanded the room, sang loudly, and the crowd ate it up.

I'm a huge Lana fan, obviously, but we can't blame this on the crowd. From the setlist to the presentation, she bombed imo. Great entrance though.

5 minutes ago, Mer said:

The Guardian editors’ attempts at journalism are ambitious and inspiring. But then they start typing 

:true: preach

"Don’t forget me"

after re-hearing PWYC and Ride, there is very clearly mic issues. Both times she really tries to sing, there is some terrible mic feedback/glitch and right after it happens she just stops

"Don’t forget me"

10 minutes ago, Mer said:

Del Rey has become an icon for the dour and terminally online” 

I really hate The Guardian’s portrayal of us as depressed incels, especially since we probably fuck more as a fandom than every other one combined. 

Some fat old man who looks like a yeast infection definetly typed that up

I was surprised she came out to Gangsta by Kehlani considering she really came for Lana around QFTC and the looting vids. Even more surprised at Kehlani commenting on tik tok that Lana invited her to perform with her at coachella but she “couldn’t make it”

tumblr_mx1rynpDqV1rh0xc7o1_500.gif

man even tho i’m not a billie fan…after seeing them perform together i’m now convinced that they would create an incredible collab with their angelic voices. i really hope we could see that sometime soon, it would be a well loved song. 

we’re gonna party like it’s 1949

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀  ⠀          ⠀     :¨ ·.· ¨:

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀   ⠀                  `· . ꔫ

FRIENDS- the Lana re-uploads keep getting taken down, but don't worry. I downloaded the set in full HQ quality and I'm going to upload it to Dropbox shortly.

giphy.gif?cid=790b761167f1bae274183a253d

2 minutes ago, Unknown said:

I was surprised she came out to Gangsta by Kehlani considering she really came for Lana around QFTC and the looting vids. Even more surprised at Kehlani commenting on tik tok that Lana invited her to perform with her at coachella but she “couldn’t make it”

Wait Omg really 

tenor.gif?itemid=9308137

let's be real, all you bitches wanna look like me

2 minutes ago, Unknown said:

:shock2: