Elle

Indio, CA @ Coachella: Weekend 1 - April 12th, 2024

Just now, ShadesOfViolence said:

do you guys think Lana and her team will see the comments about the mic issue and solve the problem for the next week? 

It shouldn't be their problem to fix. This is a Coachella issue that they need to fix

"Don’t forget me"

I don't think Lana's fanbase is any more depressed than others today.

Lana does not make us depressed with songs like Hope, Yosemite, 13 Beaches, Wildfire Wildflower, or Old Money; these songs free our depression and sadness, frustration,  anger, and occasional hopelessness. 

It's a long tradition going back to the birth of rock n' roll, and, before rock n' roll, blues and folk music.

Very few artists from Elvis Presley, Sam Cooke, the Beatles, the Rolling Stones, the Velvet Underground, Marianne Faithfull in her 60s era, Bob Dylan, the Supremes, Smokey Robinson, Tim Buckley, Joaz Baez, Al Green, and Nico to James Taylor, Carole King,  Joni Mitchell, classic Elton John, David Bowie, Queen, the Patti Smith Group, Bruce Springsteen, the Dead Boys, Fleetwood Mac, Kate Bush, the Pretenders, the Clash, Elvis Costello, Lene Lovich, Blondie, early Ultravox, the Police, Red Hot Chili Peppers, R.E.M., Sade, Tina Turner, Tori Amos, Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds, Jeff Buckley, Fiona Apple, Natalie Merchant, Lloyd Cole, Amy Winehouse, Kassidy, Anderson East, 21 Pilots, Lord Huron, Rayland Baxter, Father John Misty, Paul Cauthen, the Ruen Brothers, Billie Eilish, etc. have not sang sad songs. 

Sadness and all that comes with it--alienation, frustration, loneliness, anger, jealousy, envy, etc.--is a big part of life. Thousands of people take their lives because of it every year.

Lana's sad songs are meditations on a theme and cathartic and freeing, not the opposite. I don't buy the "Sad Girl Shit" argument, or the "Women's Music" label, which I find incredibly stupid. 

Just now, NikoGo said:

god this rewatch is making me so mad for her.

you can TELL she's trying so hard to sing during Chemtrails, but that fucking mic issues is throwing her off so bad. Every time she raises her voice it fucks up

i wonder why this always happens to her when she performs live? it’s uncanny. i’ve never seen an artist have this many technical difficulties throughout their career. 

reminds me of when she sang break up with your girlfriend on bbc live and her mic was completely fucked. 

we’re gonna party like it’s 1949

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀  ⠀          ⠀     :¨ ·.· ¨:

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀   ⠀                  `· . ꔫ

Yeah Coachella really fucked up.

Every single time she tries to actually sing, the mic glitches. When she was singing with the background singers for The Grants, despite there being 4 of them, you can still clearly hear Lana's mic issues 

"Don’t forget me"

16 minutes ago, barttttender said:

. If your read his album reviews carefully, you realize he doesn't know the difference between, say, Bollywood and Afro pop. 

let me go bang my head off the wall

giphy.gif

4 minutes ago, Vertimus said:

Lana does not make us depressed with songs like Hope, Yosemite, 13 Beaches, Wildfire Wildflower, or Old Money; these songs free our depression and sadness, frustration,  anger, and occasional hopelessness. 

It's a long tradition going back to the birth of rock n' roll, and, before rock n' roll, blues and folk music.

Very few artists from Elvis Presley, Sam Cooke, the Beatles, the Rolling Stones, the Velvet Underground, Marianne Faithfull in her 60s era, Bob Dylan, the Supremes, Smokey Robinson, Tim Buckley, Joaz Baez, Al Green, and Nico to James Taylor, Joni Mitchell, classic Elton John, David Bowie, Queen, the Patti Smith Group, the Dead Boys, Fleetwood Mac, Kate Bush, the Pretenders, the Clash, Elvis Costello, Lene Lovich, Blondie, early Ultravox, the Police, Red Hot Chili Peppers, R.E.M., Sade, Tina Turner, Tori Amos, Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds, Jeff Buckley, Fiona Apple, Natalie Merchant, Lloyd Cole, Amy Winehouse, Kassidy, Anderson East, 21 Pilots, Lord Huron, Rayland Baxter, Father John Misty, Paul Cauthen, the Ruen Brothers, Billie Eilish, etc. have not sang sad songs. 

Sadness and all that comes with it--alienation, frustration, anger, jealousy, envy, etc.--is a big part of life. Thousands of people take their lives because of it every year.

Lana's sad songs are meditations on a theme and cathartic and freeing, not the opposite. I don't buy the "Sad Girl Shit" argument, or the "Women's Music" label, which I find incredibly stupid. 

You're right, it's like catharsis 

5 minutes ago, ShadesOfViolence said:

do you guys think Lana and her team will see the comments about the mic issue and solve the problem for the next week? 

well not so much effort sorry not sorry🫠

they don’t need to see the comments, lana knows the mic was messed up, and i think it was a great effort like just look at the stage, the entrance and outro, the looks???

4 minutes ago, Vertimus said:

Very few artists from Elvis Presley, Sam Cooke, the Beatles, the Rolling Stones, the Velvet Underground, Marianne Faithfull in her 60s era, Bob Dylan, the Supremes, Smokey Robinson, Tim Buckley, Joaz Baez, Al Green, and Nico to James Taylor, Joni Mitchell, classic Elton John, David Bowie, Queen, the Patti Smith Group, the Dead Boys, Fleetwood Mac, Kate Bush, the Pretenders, the Clash, Elvis Costello, Lene Lovich, Blondie, early Ultravox, the Police, Red Hot Chili Peppers, R.E.M., Sade, Tina Turner, Tori Amos, Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds, Jeff Buckley, Fiona Apple, Natalie Merchant, Lloyd Cole, Amy Winehouse, Kassidy, Anderson East, 21 Pilots, Lord Huron, Rayland Baxter, Father John Misty, Paul Cauthen, the Ruen Brothers, Billie Eilish, etc. have not sang sad songs. 

Sadness and all that comes with it--alienation, frustration, anger, jealousy, envy, etc.--is a big part of life. Thousands of people take their lives because of it every year.

spilled!

also so what if her music is sad???? like how is that even considered an issue LMAO. it's just a type of emotion she might convey through amazing songs. like people can't be that shallow istg :rip: 

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

Just now, audreysdance said:

You're right, it's like catharsis 

I have a playlist called Darkness Makes it Easy which contains only 'negative' songs, sad songs, angry songs, crazy songs, songs of disappointment, even stalking songs like Bette Midler's terrifying cover of Moon Martin's My Eye On You. There's a lot of Lana Del Rey songs on it. I listen to it a lot when I'm in a bad or sad mood. It helps a lot. 

3 minutes ago, violettiaras said:

Wait guys she turned a new leaf. An outdoor concert where she didn’t vape once and she didn’t even have a vape tucked into her waistband or anything. :ohmy:

now I think of it I don’t think we’ve seen her with a vape for like 6 months 

1 minute ago, Vertimus said:

I have a playlist called Darkness Makes it Easy which contains only 'negative' songs, sad songs, angry songs, crazy songs, songs of disappointment, even stalking songs like Bette Midler's terrifying cover of Moon Martin's My Eye On You. There's a lot of Lana Del Rey songs on it. I listen to it a lot when I'm in a bad or sad mood. It helps a lot. 

Can we get the link <3

58 minutes ago, Vertimus said:

honestly, i think a lot of it is based on misogyny which again is putting her fans into a stereotype since they are not all women at all.

but, i would say the majority of lanas fanbase are women and the general LGBTQ+ community. we see these stereotypes with anything at all that this demographic enjoys, like astrology for instance. it’s just not taken seriously at all for some reason, like it’s a feminine thing to like and that femininity is inferior. and because they’ve grouped lana into this, they’ll never admit (stereotypical) men can enjoy her too :/

people will always have a problem with lana because she has an absolute cult following of mainly women and that offends them! out of all of the bad places i’ve been in life i’ve found comfort and guidance in lana, her music is so much more than just “sad”. 

giphy.gif

I feel like Lana is held to an impossible standard. She doesn’t get any of the grace that other artists receive. Also, I’m reading reviews of people who actually attended her performance last night and they’re loving it and giving her lots of praise. I think her own fan base are her worst critics and people need to chill the fuck out. Someone even said that the crowd was full and everyone was loving it and they don’t know where these negative comments are coming from. 

faSE.gif

1 minute ago, prettywhenimhigh said:

spilled!

also so what if her music is sad???? like how is that even considered an issue LMAO. it's just a type of emotion she might convey through amazing songs. like people can't be that shallow istg :rip: 

I agree—there's nothing wrong with sad songs. Even the classic era of the 1920 through the 1950s produced songs like I'm A Fool To Want You, 'Round Midnight, In The Wee Small Hours of the Morning, Hurt, Last Night When We Were Young, My Funny Valentine, Bewitched, Bothered, & Bewildered, etc. Emotional pain and vulnerability have been with humankind since the get-go. 

Lana also has a lot of songs like AmericanMariner's Apartment Complex, Venice Bitch, Video Games, COCC, Let the Light In, Violets for Roses, Not All Who Wander Are Lost,  Margaret, Tomorrow Never Came, If You Lie Down With Me, Wild At Heart, Radio, National Anthem, God Bless America, etc., that are not sad, but happy, hopeful, celebratory, wise, romantic, etc., or bittersweet, like Arcadia.

I look for both of these sides from Lana. 

10 minutes ago, violettiaras said:

Can we get the link <3

It's not a Spotify, it's a private iTunes playlist. Otherwise, I'd be glad to share it. 

The motorcycle company they used is @ ryvid_ev on instagram and one of the riders was @/thegrumpyrider. They haven’t posted much yet. But Wally Crowder is posting a lot of videos!