Elle

Indio, CA @ Coachella: Weekend 1 - April 12th, 2024

3 minutes ago, NikoGo said:

Like I get playing the more β€˜deep cut’ songs (Bartender, Arcadia, grants) at her shows, but for Coachella she really should have done at least Flipside and DMD with their new production, SYTH, and Thunder. Hopefully we get LTLI next week

This, or at least structure the set better and add HBTB or something from honeymoon

Β 

nowΒ off topic, but what I would give for a Lana album full of past songs (with a outtake from each era) with new production.

22 minutes ago, honeyslow said:

Lasso MVsΒ :true:

I feel like that's the only explanationΒ :true:

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7gqsj2bjkxgmq77zi79zc36i0w705phy1th23hnvz&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

⁺.⊹ ΰ£ͺ Λ–  𝒸𝒢𝓉𝒸𝒽 𝒢 π“Œπ’Άπ“‹π‘’ 𝒢𝓃𝒹 𝓉𝒢𝓀𝑒 𝒾𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝑒 π“ˆπ“Œπ‘’π‘’π“‰π“ƒπ‘’π“ˆπ“ˆΒ β‚ŠΛš.ΰΌ„

Listening to performances from 2012/2013 and god she just had so much more passion:bebe:Β I agree with people saying she is not meant for venues that large. No amount of pretty stage effects and backup dancers can compare to her swaying around on stage and just FEELING the songs she’s singing. It’s sad it will probably never happen again considering her popularity.Β 

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:ο½₯

42 minutes ago, Crazy Husband Thief said:

Her setlist just keeps getting worse πŸ’€πŸ’€πŸ’€

Β 

Β 

I feel like she's circling back to her beginnings more and more with these live performances.Β 

Β 

Β Like, next thing you know, she'll be singing Disco with just Blake on the guitar.

Entrance - jealous girl, motorcycles check.Β 
ss, west coast, DT, cherry - check.Β 
even pwyc, the floor moment.Β 
guest appearances, check.Β 
hologram moment, check.Β 
pole dance moment, check.Β 
young and beautiful, even if there were issues, the moment was just made to be this ethereal thing, check.Β 

for me, I think the moment somewhere in between the grants and ocean blvd, kinda made things feel a bit stagnant, which. it's ok, but I really love those songs, I don't think it translated as well live.Β 

Jack just kinda being there with the hologram was like a, huh? moment. (also, maybe raise the hologram on the screens as well for maximum impact)
it was shaky w Jon Batiste, bc I think people didn't know who he was?

I think if they've gotten more footing, and let some songs kinda simmer and take their time, they should be ok.Β 
also, change the sound system cus what the hell was that at some parts if not most?Β 

I think she made the setlist in a way that it was for a current coachella, all the while still making it feel like a dreamy sequence, where she gets her moment 4 life moment, but. I do kinda hope she just continues shrugging off the outside factors, and gives us cult mother goddess del rey, with a true idgaf, this is what I'm doing energy that some certain sounds didn't allow her much.Β 

- maybe if they could bring some sort of firebreather moment as part of the act for that maximum moulin rouge effect that she had before w the tour intro.Β 
- get some roses, throw them back at the audience for more connection. (they'll never forget that).
- we need some kind of rose petal moment for sfx
Β 

UV/Honeymoon

16 hours ago, taco truck said:

Listening to performances from 2012/2013 and god she just had so much more passion:bebe:Β I agree with people saying she is not meant for venues that large. No amount of pretty stage effects and backup dancers can compare to her swaying around on stage and just FEELING the songs she’s singing. It’s sad it will probably never happen again considering her popularity.Β 

I definitely agree too.. she usually does a lot better in smaller venues and with less production.

Β 

ButΒ I wouldn't say it's neverΒ going to happen again,Β she did arena/amphitheater shows last year, granted not as small venues as 2012/2013 (except Paris I guess) and I think that ship has sailed, butΒ mid-sized venues with a toned down production can work fine as well.Β With the caveat that it's the only time I've ever seen her live in my life so I don't have anything to compare it to, she did seem to be really feeling it last summer when I saw her in Amsterdam. In fact I had heard so much about how she was not so greatΒ live in recent years that I was extremely surprised lmao

Β 

And IΒ think even moreΒ than the venue choice it's just that she's an inconsistent performer because she wears her heart on her sleeve and if she can't get into it that night for whatever reason she can't / doesn't fake it.

2 hours ago, Make me your Dream Life said:

Entrance - jealous girl, motorcycles check.Β 
ss, west coast, DT, cherry - check.Β 
even pwyc, the floor moment.Β 
guest appearances, check.Β 
hologram moment, check.Β 
young and beautiful, even if there were issues, the moment was just made to be this ethereal thing, check.Β 

for me, I think the moment somewhere in between the grants and ocean blvd, kinda made things feel a bit stagnant, which. it's ok, but I really love those songs, I don't think it translated as well live.Β 

Jack just kinda being there with the hologram was like a, huh? moment.Β 
it was shaky w Jon Batiste, bc I think people didn't know who he was?

I think if they've gotten more footing, and let some songs kinda simmer and take their time, they should be ok.Β 
also, change the sound system cus what the hell was that at some parts if not most?Β 

Β 

Β 

The Batiste thing was awkward af. First, the stage and the crowd were already dead silent before he walked in and you could hear a pin drop. Then she introduces him and, like, few people know who she is. Of course, Lana being super shy, doesn't really ease him nor the audience into it.

Β 

Β Then they sing a slow song that nobody knows about feeling suicidal.Β :facepalm:

Β 

It's like bringingΒ a friend to a birthday party who still has bandages on hisΒ wrists from their last wrist-slashing attempt.Β 

More hq photos -

Β 

IMG-5516 IMG-5515IMG-5513IMG-5517IMG-5540 IMG-5514 IMG-5510 IMG-5512 IMG-5511 IMG-5518

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

β€’Β 4.18.14Β β€’Β 5.1.14Β β€’ 9.20.14Β β€’ 5.28.15Β β€’ 6.14.15Β β€’ 7.28.16Β β€’ 7.24.17Β β€’ 10.23.17Β β€’ 10.24.17Β β€’ 1.25.18Β β€’ 2.5.18Β β€’ 12.5.18Β β€’ 10.3.19Β β€’ 10.11.19Β β€’ 11.16.19 β€’

SFΒ β€’Β ATLΒ β€’Β ATLΒ β€’Β INDΒ β€’Β ATLΒ β€’Β CHIΒ β€’Β LDNΒ β€’Β NYCΒ β€’Β NYCΒ β€’Β DCΒ β€’ ATLΒ β€’ NYCΒ β€’ PDXΒ β€’ SANΒ β€’ KS

Β 

5 minutes ago, barttttender said:

Β 

The Batiste thing was awkward af. First, the stage and the crowd were already dead silent before he walked in and you could hear a pin drop. Then she introduces him and, like, few people know who she is. Of course, Lana being super shy, doesn't really ease him nor the audience into it.

yeah this tho.Β 

1 minute ago, Elle said:

More hq photos -

Β 

IMG-5516 IMG-5515IMG-5513IMG-5517IMG-5540 IMG-5514 IMG-5510 IMG-5512 IMG-5511 IMG-5518

she looks like the head cheerleader for the dallas cowboys, but also make it princessΒ 

UV/Honeymoon

16 minutes ago, DemonMic2003 said:

This, or at least structure the set better

yeah I think that's my main issue (along with the vocals / lack of singing during many parts), the songs are just set so weirdly there are many long intros and interludes and at some point she goes from ballad to ballad

8 minutes ago, Elle said:

IMG-5540 Β Β Β 

Billie showing up in this fit is killing me like girl I get it I literally dress like that too sometimes but there's a time and a place!

Β 

but they look sooooo cute togetherΒ :wub:

Β 

8 minutes ago, honeyslow said:

I definitely agree too.. she does so much better in smaller venues and with less production.

Β 

ButΒ I wouldn't say it's neverΒ going to happen again,Β she did arena/amphitheater shows last year, granted not as small venues as 2012/2013 (except Paris I guess) and I think that ship has sailed, butΒ mid-sized venues with a toned down production can work fine as well.Β With the caveat that it's the only time I've ever seen her live in my life so I don't have anything to compare it to, she did seem to be really feeling it last summer when I saw her in Amsterdam. In fact I had heard so much about how she was not so greatΒ live in recent years that I was extremely surprised lmao

Β 

I think even moreΒ than the venue choice it's just that she's an inconsistent performer because she wears her heart on her sleeve and if she can't get into it that night for whatever reason she can't fake it.

i was lucky enough to grab tickets to the paris show last year, and having gone to the london 70k+ show the day before, and a medium sized venue in 2017, this setlist really does work in a small venue, and is not for the big stage

Β 

that small room really felt like it was just you and her, as cliche as that sounds, and the slower, more generic songs worked well in that format. these larger shows need higher energy, which she is not currently doing

resident sweeter

giphy.gif

24/7/17 - 9/7/23Β - 10/7/23

1 minute ago, Elle said:

More hq photos -

Β 

I can't get over how breathtaking she looked last nightΒ :flutter:Β her stylist did a wonderful job, I think those colors and the fit of the dress are incredibly flattering on her. Her makeup and hair made her glow,Β she can pull off any hair color but the blonde hair was beautiful <3 forever aΒ beauty queenΒ Β :wub:

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7gqsj2bjkxgmq77zi79zc36i0w705phy1th23hnvz&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

⁺.⊹ ΰ£ͺ Λ–  𝒸𝒢𝓉𝒸𝒽 𝒢 π“Œπ’Άπ“‹π‘’ 𝒢𝓃𝒹 𝓉𝒢𝓀𝑒 𝒾𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝑒 π“ˆπ“Œπ‘’π‘’π“‰π“ƒπ‘’π“ˆπ“ˆΒ β‚ŠΛš.ΰΌ„

2 minutes ago, honeyslow said:

Billie showing up in this fit is killing me like girl I getΒ I literally dress like that too sometimes but there's a time and a place!

Β 

but they look sooooo cute togetherΒ :wub:

no I get you, I really do. like wear whatever u want, but Lana had this magnificent looking stage, but them she just comes in the Adam Sandler outfit, like maybe she could've altered it a little to cater to the stage production

UV/Honeymoon

25 minutes ago, Rico25 said:

wow that's harsh

Β 

32 minutes ago, Blossom said:

Β 

Actually I don't find it that harsh, the author doesn't seem like a hater to me. I think the review has some points, while at the same time one can see it from another point of view. It was one of these typical Lana things, trying to avoid to fulfill anything what people might expect πŸ˜… she's just doing her own thing on purpose.Β 

It was expensive watch itΒ 

I don’t like guardian but a reviewer does need to be mean sometimes- they still gave her 2/5 so it wasn’t really that bad if that was their honest opinion- the only thing wrong with it is if their own personal judgements between them and Lana effected the reviewing but it wasn’t really nasty- just honest