Elle

Indio, CA @ Coachella: Weekend 1 - April 12th, 2024

My unsolicited thoughts about the concert:

Lana has had technical issues, and any presentation she gives that has even a slight air of importance to it, she will be visibly nervous until she has something to make her relax and enjoy the moment.

Last year was stressful. Return to the stage shows, Glastonbury, and even a Grammy catwalk left her anxious. It would be no different at Coachella. In the first few songs, she was so nervous that she couldn't get air in her voice. I believe it should be something to consider and, when putting together the show, to think strategically about it: starting with the vocal demands of Without You was not cool. But the following fun tracks were an interesting choice to get her grooving and grounded. I don't want to go on talking about the setlist, I think it's boring for fans to want a show to suit their own taste (many of the setlists put together by fans just replace songs that, in the end, will have the same vibe in the show).

However, I would like her to consider all the tracks that, last year and this year, made a splash on the charts or went viral in a certain way. Lana doesn't have commercial purposes anymore, but not singing Margaret, Let the Light In and Say Yes to Heaven didn't seem smart to me.

I made these negative comments first because I don't want what I'm going to say now to lose its power, because, in fact, this is my prevailing opinion: it was an excellent show.

Think about it with me: the only thing that leaves us slightly disappointed is, as fans, having seen this show being built bit by bit over the past year; so, the parts we saw previously no longer hit us in the same way.

However, I remember being surprised and satisfied with the new choreographies, the ballet, the stage more "full" of elements, the backing vocals complementing Lana's voice - in short, all the creativity present.

For critics and anyone who went to see the show without wanting to have their favorite playlist playing, with their eyes clear, it was incredible. Right after Chemtrails and all the technical problems subsided a little, the atmosphere was amazing. Lana's real chemistry with the guests, the improvisations she did with the backing vocals, John Baptiste and her singing for a long time over just a piano at the biggest festival in the world known for having an electrifying energy was the most rockn act 'night roll.

I don't know.

It was just special.

Billie joining was a special moment. I loved it for both of them, they genuinely respect and love each other it was so cute. The way Billie hyped her up and acknowledged her impact was sweet <3 you could tell how much Billie has been inspired by her and im glad she spoke up about it! need both lana x billie songs nowww

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7gqsj2bjkxgmq77zi79zc36i0w705phy1th23hnvz&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

⁺.⊹ ࣪ ˖  𝒸𝒶𝓉𝒸𝒽 𝒶 𝓌𝒶𝓋𝑒 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓉𝒶𝓀𝑒 𝒾𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝓌𝑒𝑒𝓉𝓃𝑒𝓈𝓈 ₊˚.༄

10 minutes ago, Elle said:

More hq photos -

IMG-5516 IMG-5515IMG-5513IMG-5517IMG-5540 IMG-5514 IMG-5510 IMG-5512 IMG-5511 IMG-5518

That first photo is going to become my ldr live album cover :agree2:

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

5 minutes ago, Olympia said:

Actually I don't find it that harsh, the author doesn't seem like a hater to me. I think the review has some points, while at the same time one can see it from another point of view. It was one of these typical Lana things, trying to avoid to fulfill anything what people might expect 😅 she's just doing her own thing on purpose. 

The review does have some points but I feel like they extrapolated all the "negative" things to make it seem as if she were the worst live singer ever haha

Just now, Rico25 said:

The review does have some points but I feel like they extrapolated all the "negative" things to make it seem as if she were the worst live singer ever haha

I don't think they criticized her singing abilities, more her choice to perform like this. That's why I think the review is OK, as they don't attack her as a singer (as I read it) but her creative decision here. 

It was expensive watch it 

6 minutes ago, terrenceszyou said:

In the first few songs, she was so nervous that she couldn't get air in her voice. I believe it should be something to consider and, when putting together the show, to think strategically about it: starting with the vocal demands of Without You was not cool.

That's what I thought, too. I think she's always very safe with songs like bartender - I know many people don't like it, but if it helps her to start, she should start with this one, or better: something else catchier, which makes her feel safe in the same way

It was expensive watch it 

5 minutes ago, Make me your Dream Life said:

nah the review wasn't harsh, i think maybe some fans just didn't know what to do w an overall bad review, at least on this one.

comparing it to SNL was wild tbh, it was not that bad at all. She was a bit pitchy at times (bc she ACTUALLY sings live) and there were technical difficulties, but there were a lot of great moments too,. 

20240413-184644.jpg

:dua:

𝒎𝒂𝒚𝒃𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒘𝒂𝒚 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒊'𝒎 𝘭𝘪𝘷𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝒊𝒔 𝘬𝘪𝘭𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝒎𝒆

✧ ˖°. ⋆⭒˚。⋆. * : ✧ . : * : ☆ * ✧ ˖°. ⋆⭒˚。⋆ °.  ✧ ˖°

17 minutes ago, Let the Light In said:

Was hologram spinning around herself endlessly an homage to this :twirls:

It abso-fuckin-lutely was. There are no coincidences with our girl. I honestly loved the peppers ghost effect. 

🫧 ELVIS WHERE ARE YOU WHEN I NEED YOU MOST 🫧

tumblr_inline_npxzudKmZ21szaa83_250.gifv

🫧 I CAN’T HELP BUT FEEL SOMEWHAT LIKE MY BODY MARRED MY SOUL🫧