Elle

Indio, CA @ Coachella: Weekend 1 - April 12th, 2024

Let us pray she is doing some photoshoot for some publication this week. We need the blonde era documented before she appears in 10 days with jet black hair

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

2 hours ago, saith said:

Wonder what she would have sang with Kehlani

Her entrance song was Gangsta (by Kehlani)/Gangsters Paradise/Jealous girl remix.

It was just the song playing, she didn’t do it live. It was probably coachella specific and not something she’d do at her regular concerts. 

You know what... Ive been thinking about it and Bartender + Interlude, Hope is a dangerous thing, Arcadia and the extended version of Candy Necklace really have no place in a FESTIVAL set list - especially one as big as coachella. Most people in the audience arent stans and wont know those songs... all they do is take up a lot of time and kill any momentum. I dont know what the hell shes thinking. To shorten West Coast to less than half the song (the majority of which she didnt even sing) and then spend ages singing Bartender makes absolutely no sense.There are many other bigger songs such as Blue Jeans, National Anthem, Brooklyn Baby, Shades of Cool, Venice Bitch and Thunder (to name a few) that would fit better and that general festival goers might actually enjoy. I still think venice bitch with the fireworks is the perfect closer and I have no idea why she scrapped it :toofunny:

tumblr_mx1rynpDqV1rh0xc7o1_500.gif

3 minutes ago, Unknown said:

You know what... Ive been thinking about it and Bartender + Interlude, Hope is a dangerous thing, Arcadia and the extended version of Candy Necklace really have no place in a FESTIVAL set list - especially one as big as coachella. Most people in the audience arent stans and wont know those songs... all they do is take up a lot of time and kill any momentum. I dont know what the hell shes thinking. To shorten West Coast to less than half the song (the majority of which she didnt even sing) and then spend ages singing Bartender makes absolutely no sense.There are many other bigger songs such as Blue Jeans, National Anthem, Brooklyn Baby, Shades of Cool, Venice Bitch and Thunder (to name a few) that would fit better and that general festival goers might actually enjoy. I still think venice bitch with the fireworks is the perfect closer and I have no idea why she scrapped it :toofunny:

She spent too much time with Taylor sniffing "Snow" on the beach

4 minutes ago, Unknown said:

Yeah. Like I know it’s her show, and this is Lana Del Rey she will do whatever she wants. But surely singing wordy, breathy and lengthy piano songs is not something that’s gonna make you feel confident especially when no one in the crowd is singing back? :toofunny:

Even then, I can’t imagine choosing that slow of a set when like you said Brooklyn Baby, SYTH, National Anthem, Peppers, VB, Mariners, Lust for Life, The greatest were all there……. 

We were about 20 minutes away from getting Kintsugi, Fingertips and White Dress :stareney:

tumblr_inline_nojcj6qe1j1s5i2my_400.gif gmgif.gif morrissey-flowers.gif

1 hour ago, Unknown said:

It's her show, she can perform any songs she likes. Fans should finally accept her choices and not constantly question it. I think it's still a good mix of songs that her fans like and songs that she's passionate about.

Just now, bluechemtrails said:

It's her show, she can perform any songs she likes. Fans should finally accept her choices and not constantly question it. I think it's still a good mix of songs that her fans like and songs that she's passionate about.

That’s true, but then again it’s the fans choice weather they want to give her money to go see her live if she’s just gonna basically do the same thing Everytime 

1 hour ago, Unknown said:

Tbh when I think about it, I think that those slow songs (Hope, Candy) were part of her story with all the shit she has been thru with the SNL thing ect. But I do think that tour venue and festival setlist should be different. But the setlist overall should change 180°

url%5D

6 minutes ago, bluechemtrails said:

I agree with this especially for her own concerts/tours but she should also be mindful about the audience at festivals in particular. She obviously should care whether the audience enjoys the show.

tumblr_mx1rynpDqV1rh0xc7o1_500.gif

17 minutes ago, Unknown said:

I agree with this especially for her own concerts/tours but she should also be mindful about the audience at festivals in particular. She obviously should care whether the audience enjoys the show.

I agree but also is that the right move? To sing a catalogue of songs which aren’t particularly the style of song you put out anymore? 

if a festival crowd is divided between your fans and people who aren’t fans.. then you’ll have fans who enjoy the set and then you’ll be putting out your current style to the non fans- which could lead them to being fans

i think if I was at a festival and listened to an artist I don’t know and they gave me this set I loved and afterwards looked in to following their music, to find all their new releases aren’t my thing at all, I’d be a bit deflated lol!

butttttt she does still put out bops so.. she could’ve definitely put out peppers or Venice bitch or even more festival friendly acoustic songs like let the light in. I think she’s a little unaware of fan favourites tbh 

S0F1O.gif
dancing all night to the dirty blues 

2 minutes ago, Thats why they call me Dita said:

I think she’s a little unaware of fan favourites tbh 

Right, cause didn’t Jen stith’s sister say Lana thought people hated Margaret throughout Taco Truck x VB? Sometimes I wonder what goes on in her head 

Ultimately Lana couldn't care less if her Coachella set brings her new fans. Coachella booked the Lana Del Rey and they're gonna get a Lana Del Rey show exactly how she sees fit :oprah3: