Furor Poeticus

One-album wonders

13 hours ago, Mer said:

Lily Allen sort of. I love her music, but I don't think many know her work or like it as much outside It's Not Me, It's You

Ooo I think many would consider her Magnus alright still if anything but it’s not me is cute too- I’d call her a two album wonder overall for most 

1 hour ago, lanaismamom said:

Charli XCX - True Romance

I love all of Charlis albums but True Romance was probably her peak imo

22 minutes ago, Psychedelic Pussy said:

Death Grips - sorry but only their debut album is actually good idc

The Powers That B is probably my only eh project. I think its down to my attention span but The Money Store is a great record. My second fave is either Goverment Plates or Year Of The Snitch. But out of all their others, The Money Store carries this unique sense of a sound pallette. Like wow.

My one album wonder would probably be Planet Y2K by LIZ. Besides the point that it isn't an entirely solid record, this album has alot of tracks that echo to the early 2000s era of pop music. Inspired by Britney Spears, Nadia Oh and the europop era, LIZ makes a great tribute this with undergoing the "bubblegum" (no pun intended) stylistic creativity on the board of pop. I think this is briefly similar to the self titled mixtape by Slayyyter (who is featured on Diamond In The Dark) which also revolvses around an almost fresh shed of y2k nostalgia and inspirations. 

The only skip is Everybody imo.

But in conclusion its a great record but I personally feel as if her earlier material was peak which is down to favouritism, Planet Y2K is a great progression. Her only album too, doubt she's ever gonna release another, not that anyone would care for a LIZIONIST comeback. 

Spoiler

I don't think I need to say it but I'll say it anyway: I am not a supporter of LIZ. Simply separating the art from the artist 👍

29 minutes ago, Girl With No Face said:

The Powers That B is probably my only eh project. I think its down to my attention span but The Money Store is a great record. My second fave is either Goverment Plates or Year Of The Snitch. But out of all their others, The Money Store carries this unique sense of a sound pallette. Like wow.

thats what I mean tho! Everything they’ve done since hasn’t been able to touch what TMS did, sonically. It was so fresh and different to anything else out- and still is!

I doooo quite like year of the snitch tho. they have a few great tracks outside of those too. But TMS is like- Wow.

gLoD.gif

gLoH.gif :beyonce:

T.I - Paper Trail

s-l1200.webp

He has 2/3 other well known and good albums but this one is crazy the amount of big hits on it, I think 3/4 of the songs went to number 1 and another couple went top 5.

16 hours ago, Mer said:

Lily Allen sort of. I love her music, but I don't think many know her work or like it as much outside It's Not Me, It's You

Alright still was a major hit and her best selling album so ig you could say 2 album wonder because sheezus and no shame underperformed 

young, wild, free but most of all fucking crazy

image.pngScreenshot-20230604-121919-Instagram-1.j

GEi7EdJW0AEEfOR_2.jpg?ex=65c3d371&is=65b

Idk what some of these ppl think a one album wonder is because I always thought it was someone who had one rlly popular album and all their others failed to even get close to them but some ppl are just stating artists’ “magnum opus” 

So if we are talking in the sense I originally thought, someone who comes to mind would be like Cher Lloyd where her debut was huge (in the uk but also some in the us) with top 10 singles and shit but then she waited too long to release her sophomore album and even changed labels so the album really flew under the radar and people forget abt her

young, wild, free but most of all fucking crazy

image.pngScreenshot-20230604-121919-Instagram-1.j

GEi7EdJW0AEEfOR_2.jpg?ex=65c3d371&is=65b

5 hours ago, The Siren said:

how is that a one album wonder when her debut album was fucking everywhere and won like 12 grammys :deadbanana: 

the first post here says not in terms of commercial success so i assumed thats what we were doing. i dont think her albums are terrible but they're not that good either:true:

Some of ya'll really saying Charli XCX like that girl doesn't continuously put out good music and records, the NERVE :bye:

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e