Elle

Lasso - Pre-Release Thread: OUT September 2024

7 minutes ago, clementines said:

I loved Chemtrails so gimme wispy not too deep lyrics GIVE ME STUPID FOR BEING HAPPY

Id be down for another chemtrails if the production is better

4 hours ago, Americen Whore said:

UO but chemtrails is really an interesting album, I feel like half the hate it gets just because of the cover & how short it is? Name a lana song that sounded like white dress vocals, tjf’s vocal effect/instrumental , DTWD bridge, the whole yosemite song, and DBJAG’s vibe. She was really experimenting stuff, but in a folky way, and still managed to make her most cohesive album :true:

Eh idk I changed the cover on my Apple Music and still it’s in my bottom 2. I don’t absolutely hate chemtrails but it was clearly kind of thrown together. Also I can do all of those things … 

White Dress- Fingertips (actually, she employed white dress vocals a LOT on Ocean Blvd) 

TJF- Cinnamon Girl/ Tough/ Fishtail

DTWD- Velvet Crowbar 

Yosemite- Dragonslayer 

Dark But Just a Game- How to Disappear/ NFR (I mean the chorus melody is literally taken from NFR demo) 

Like the moments you mentioned are for sure highlights, but there are so few and done better on other songs that the album comes off as uninspired and like she didn’t know how to fully get to the sonic aesthetic she was going for. Espically after NFR’s success she just wanted to put out something safe. 

975879ca71d01ef914728e1d913db9c8ebe35e197a6779948f76453c1c7c3d67249eb70c2144a45946bb601b85b9a0ea979662afb98515387a76cc16

˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

9 minutes ago, taco truck said:

Eh idk I changed the cover on my Apple Music and still it’s in my bottom 2. I don’t absolutely hate chemtrails but it was clearly kind of thrown together. Also I can do all of those things … 

White Dress- Fingertips (actually, she employed white dress vocals a LOT on Ocean Blvd) 

TJF- Cinnamon Girl/ Tough/ Fishtail

DTWD- Velvet Crowbar 

Yosemite- Dragonslayer 

Dark But Just a Game- How to Disappear/ NFR (I mean the chorus melody is literally taken from NFR demo) 

Like the moments you mentioned are for sure highlights, but there are so few and done better on other songs that the album comes off as uninspired and like she didn’t know how to fully get to the sonic aesthetic she was going for. Espically after NFR’s success she just wanted to put out something safe. 

Yeah but at cotcc’s time, we didn’t have fingertips, tough, fishtail, or dragonslayer, even when it comes to how to disappear, dbjag was far more interesting, but I get ur point

3 hours ago, DemonMic2003 said:

1. Video Games

2. Born To Die

3. Blue Jeans (x2)

4. National Anthem

5. Summertime Sadness

6. Carmen

7. Off To The Races (Deserved a better video)

unreleased videos

1. Diet Mountain Dew (Demo)

2. National Anthem (Demo)

3. Million Dollar Man (Demo)

4. Lolita (Demo)

I know lolita and diet mountain dew have more then one video but they arent drastically different then ones like national anthem and blue jeans, so i didnt count them. 

i mean... the whole telenovela or whatever that gritty action movie she used as visual treatment for that OTTR video was kinda potential as a concept tho - like imagine a proper music video with that vibe? She literally was in her Lanita bag even back in the days :true:

and if Lasso is still coming...  I need an MV with this gritty, trashy, B-movie aesthetic, latina  violence/gunfights alongside with the western cowgirl thing, the culture needs that.

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

7 hours ago, taco truck said:

I must be stupid is cute but it lacks any sort of emotion or philosophy in the song which is what I really enjoy from Lana. Lasso would just end up being a Chemtrails 2.0 for me if the majority of the songs were like this, as my main problem with Chemtrails is the lack of anything thought provoking or interesting lol? Outside of White Dress, the lyrical content is quite bland. 

strongly disagree. White dreess, Chemtrails (the song), Wild at Heart, Not all those who wander, Dance till we die, and dark but just a game are quite interesting lyrically. As for "thought provoking", it's a more subtle record for sure, but there's definitely food for thought. Maybe not so much in a philosophical sense but atmospheric, painting a picture.

i find Ultraviolence to be overrated lyrically tbh. Plenty of repetitive lyrics (sad girl, is this happiness, guns and roses), and button-pushing with no substance (money, power glory, fucked my way up...) in the second half. So, I wouldn't be attacking Chemtrails when there's UV. 

Is there a reason we're all like shitting and pissing about whether Lasso is still happening? I feel like official release announcements and rollouts are always last minute with her? 

let me take that delulu pill and bet on Lana's security is so tight now that there are no insiders spoiling anything this era.

the rollout will be as smooth as butter and we're here TO WIN.

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

the only insider i have questions for is boz because at this point i wanna know what's happening with this damn album, we haven't heard about it in months lol no clue if Tough is on the album or not either

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

11 minutes ago, American Whore said:

the only insider i have questions for is boz because at this point i wanna know what's happening with this damn album, we haven't heard about it in months lol no clue if Tough is on the album or not either

If I remember correctly, the last time Boz said something like he doesn’t want to talk about Lana albums because she’s changing everything too much. It might be the reason he’s quiet now. 

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't sick of it

pet96.gif pet96.gif pet96.gif

1 hour ago, venice biotch said:

I AM TIRED OF GRANDPA!

(oh, she changed the name, at first it wasnt labeled as a concept)

damn this is so sad, i actually believed it for a bit before she changed the name! still fire tho, there's another one if u go through the channel. but the lyrics are lacking a bit so i had a big feeling it was AI

22 minutes ago, American Whore said:

He’s on Twitter, isn’t he ?? 

8 minutes ago, ldrzodiac said:

He’s on Twitter, isn’t he ?? 

no clue, i know he was on atrl and then had a website and then the website flopped, nobody cared and he disappeared for a while. no clue if he's even on atrl anymore though

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

16 hours ago, Americen Whore said:

UO but chemtrails is really an interesting album, I feel like half the hate it gets just because of the cover & how short it is? Name a lana song that sounded like white dress vocals, tjf’s vocal effect/instrumental , DTWD bridge, the whole yosemite song, and DBJAG’s vibe. She was really experimenting stuff, but in a folky way, and still managed to make her most cohesive album :true:

I love Chemtrails and I personally think it’s one of Lana’s most interesting statements; her new vision of fame, her feelings on it and how she deals with it. It’s also very escapist and throws some nihilistic takes here and there, something she’s great at expressing and portaying. Wild at Heart is one of her best lyrics ever and absolutely explains why she’s the way she is and why we love her.

My own negative criticism about the album are: the title, I think she could’ve come up with a more general concept, and I’m also very anti-conspiracies so the title kinda throws me off. The cover, for obvious reasons, although I do accept it. And finally Dark But Just a Game which does nothing for me and All Those etc which is easily one of her most boring songs ever. Jack was kind of lacking during those times so he’s a bit to blame for some choices made. 

My favorites are White Dress (unique Lana song), Wild at Heart, Yosemite, Tulsa Jesus Freak (crazy) and For Free (perfect).

I've been revisiting Chemtrails lately and it's hitting as hard if not harder than that summer of 2021. It's one of her best albums, it's probably the most sonically cohesive after Honeymoon and it contains some of the most unique and intriguing songwriting she's ever done.

White Dress? Tulsa Jesus Freak? Title track? Dark But Just a Game? Dance Till We Die? Wild At Heart? Yes this album eats :whine2:

I'd love Lasso to be a Chemtrails 2.0 in terms of lyricism approach - the way she tackled some subjects with such tenderness and simplicity is a songwriting feat in and of itself.

IMG-1607.jpg