Elle

Lasso - Pre-Release Thread: OUT September 2024

11 minutes ago, JinnWithin said:

At the moment the album isn’t finished due to lots of changes. There’s 5-8 songs considered for now so the earliest an album will come out is spring or summer. You have guessed 2/3 of the songs I heard.

Thank you for your questions! I will be back tomorrow 11 AM ET, and after that I will be gone forever. I will give you a surprise tomorrow! 

J

when the surprise is scat pics:trisha:

3 minutes ago, ionut said:

when the surprise is scat:trisha:

Oh nooo, I need mods to be present

2.gif

10 minutes ago, JinnWithin said:

Thank you for your questions! I will be back tomorrow 11 AM ET, and after that I will be gone forever. I will give you a surprise tomorrow! 

J

don’t bother

kinkytwt-stan-twitter.gif

2 minutes ago, Embach said:

Sept 7 right?

Edit: it's 10th?

It’s supposed to be the 10th but Trump is already laying the groundwork to back out of it 

"Don’t forget me"

19 minutes ago, JinnWithin said:

I do not have the album, but I know information and have heard songs. Time will tell

No singles this year if he wins

Again, if that's true, it's silly and self-defeating as I see it.

Lana should Fight the Power, not acquiesce to it.

Like the Good Witch blithely saying, 'Begone, you have no power here' to the Wicked Witch of the West. 

Just now, NikoGo said:

It’s supposed to be the 10th but Trump is already laying the groundwork to back out of it 

Donald Trump grow up and get your shit together challenge

2.gif

1 minute ago, Vertimus said:

Again, if that's true, it's silly and self-defeating as I see it.

Lana should Fight the Power, not acquiesce to it.

Like the Good Witch blithely saying, 'Begone, you have no power here' to the Wicked Witch of the West. 

you're so hot

The singles being not released if Trump wins reminded me how Lana wanted to release God Bless America as a single in 2017 but Ben didn't want to, from Wiki:

During an interview with Flaunt magazine, Del Rey revealed that she wanted to release it as a single but her manager, Ben Mawson was reluctant about this. 

She describes the song, of which Mawson shared earlier his reluctance to release as a single, given the tendency of Del Rey to net the mentioned public polarization, "It has some strong messaging," she says nodding.

2.gif

Just now, Embach said:

The singles being not released if Trump wins reminded me how Lana wanted to release God Bless America as a single in 2017 but Ben didn't want to, from Wiki:

During an interview with Flaunt magazine, Del Rey revealed that she wanted to release it as a single but her manager, Ben Mawson was reluctant about this. 

Don't forget the WTWWATWKD military draft mv :trisha: oooh this is giving LFL

˚ʚ♡ɞ˚ if you can't stand the heat, then stay out of the fire, or you might get what you desire boy ˚ʚ♡ɞ˚

On 8/26/2024 at 8:21 AM, JinnWithin said:

Hello people of LanaBoards,

I’ve known about this website for a while but this is my first time posting something. Days ago I had the privilege of my life to hear a few songs from Lasso. I sadly can not reveal by which means I got to hear these songs, but I can confirm that the 3 songs I heard sound amazing. 

I can also confirm from my sources that the US Election will have a major impact on when Lana releases some new material. I’ve been told that she’s not really keen on releasing an Americana themed album if Trump wins in November and that she would rather release it in time for summer, however we can not confirm that. 

I got to hear 3 songs from the album, including the intro song she played at her birthday show (that was rumored to be titled “The Mirror”) For the sake of respect I will not reveal the full titles. 

N*****u R***e
    ⁃    It got that country ballad chours like in Country Roads. She mentions the Grammys in here.

L********e
    ⁃    I don’t like comparing songs but this song has that sexy vibe similar to Cherry, Freak, Fishtail. Doesn’t fit the country theme imo. 

T*** C*** ** * M*****e
    ⁃    This is that “The Mirror” song. The version preformed at her show must have been a remixed/extended version bc the ”Past present future I see in you” is more like a post-chours/bridge sung once and the actual chours is very grand. This will be the fan fav I can tell.

Write down your questions and I will do my best to answer them tomorrow. I will be online this week on Tuesday (11 AM ET) and Wednesday (11 AM ET) and after that I will be gone forever.

Jinn 

We're so back...  the Grammy mention and the 2nd song 

1 minute ago, Lasso said:

Don't forget the WTWWATWKD military draft mv :trisha: oooh this is giving LFL

I needed this more than ever :lange: 

2.gif

1 minute ago, Embach said:

tbh I think the hesitation was because Lana is a global artist, and having a single called “god bless America” would alienate a large portion of her fanbase. A lot of fans already didn’t like LFL because of its political songs so it would have been bad for her. Ben made the right call. 

I don’t buy for a second this album is being decided by the election. Her label would never let her scrap a whole project like that, there is SO much money involved in an album 

"Don’t forget me"

1 minute ago, NikoGo said:

tbh I think the hesitation was because Lana is a global artist, and having a single called “god bless America” would alienate a large portion of her fanbase. A lot of fans already didn’t like LFL because of its political songs so it would have been bad for her. Ben made the right call. 

I don’t buy for a second this album is being decided by the election. Her label would never let her scrap a whole project like that, there is SO much money involved in an album 

I agree about the election, etc., being unlikely. It would be a boner move from every angle. 

Maybe this user is trying to start a viral psyop to gain support for Kamala by making it seem like new Lana music will come out of her winning the election :wat: Everyone vote Kamala to #savelasso to get new Lana album

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b95237ep20gi51lvjl437x