Elle

Lasso - Pre-Release Thread: OUT September 2024

Just now, Americen Whore said:

And ur still not here :oprah:

unfortunately 

Lasso needs to come URGENTLY :cumming:

˚ʚ♡ɞ˚ if you can't stand the heat, then stay out of the fire, or you might get what you desire boy ˚ʚ♡ɞ˚

54 minutes ago, SalvaWHORE said:

When the Lasso tracklist officially comes out and we see a track that says "(feat. Lizzy Grant)" in its title

and when you click “view artists” you see there’s a profile under the name “Lizzy Grant”. You click the profile and you see in her discography one album: Lana Del Ray AKA Lizzy Grant

Chemtrails Over The Country Club GIF by Lana Del Rey

2 minutes ago, ultrabanisters said:

whats crazy is 'Liz, I'm calling from Calihoma' still holds up as a gaggy song title 3 albums later :ma:

Liz, I’m Calling From California is so much better…like wtf is Calihoma:kali2:

4 minutes ago, Lanaparadiserey said:

that's the city on the border between California and Oklahoma, like Mexicali

˚ʚ♡ɞ˚ if you can't stand the heat, then stay out of the fire, or you might get what you desire boy ˚ʚ♡ɞ˚

59 minutes ago, ultrabanisters said:

whats crazy is 'Liz, I'm calling from Calihoma' still holds up as a gaggy song title 3 albums later :ma:

Truly one of the most iconic fake titles ever made 

"Don’t forget me"

2 hours ago, Lanaparadiserey said:

When I came up with the title 3 years ago I was referencing what Lana and Sean said about their joint homes in an Instagram caption. It’s a portmanteau of California and Oklahoma. The girls that get it get it… 

17 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

When I came up with the title 3 years ago I was referencing what Lana and Sean said about their joint homes in an Instagram caption. It’s a portmanteau of California and Oklahoma. The girls that get it get it… 

That’s one of the most creative titles you created Lana, thank you so much. I hope you release it one day. 

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't sick of it

pet96.gif pet96.gif pet96.gif

On 2/1/2024 at 8:10 AM, Elle said:

Welcome to the Lasso Pre-Release Thread Annual Discussion & Meltdown

To be released September 2024

January 31st: Lana Del Rey has announced the title of her newest record "Lasso" during the NMPA x Billboard Songwriter Awards + Showcase. The album will be a country record with production by Jack Antonoff set for release in September 2024.

What we know so far:

- In a journal entry dated March 28th, 2023 posted on Instagram, Jack Antonoff wrote that "Lana refuses to leave [the studio]"

-  Lana Del Rey has revealed to a fan while at a Waffle House in Florence, Alabama that she is "working on a new recording" in July 2023. Later that month, she visited Muscle Shoals Sound Studio in Sheffield, Alabama where she recorded 3-4 songs.

- In November 2023, Lana Del Rey hung out with Luke Laird, a country music producer/songwriter, in Nashville. They later visited again in January.

- In January 2024, Lana Del Rey stated she was working on new songs with Jack Antonoff in an Instagram story post.

Potential tracks (unconfirmed):

- Henry, Come On (created with Luke Laird, snippet uploaded to Lana's Instagram on January 18th, 2024)

- Take Me Home, Country Roads (John Denver cover originally released on December 1st, 2023)

- Prettiest Girl in Country Music (country song written with Nikki Lane performed on January 24th, 2022)

- Hey Blue Baby (country song performed at Jack Antonoff's Ally Coalition on December 5th, 2018)

- I Must Be Stupid For Being So Happy (country song performed at Jack Antonoff's Ally Coalition on December 5th, 2018)

- Stand By Your Man (Tammy Wynette cover performed multiple times during Lana's 2023 tour)

- Dolly Parton collab (Lana, Nikki Lane, and Luke Laird visited Dolly Parton's home in January 2024)

So...seven months since the announcement now and it's September and still no Lasso. Like Billie Joe Armstrong said, wake up when September ends...Cig.gif

On 2/1/2024 at 8:14 AM, Lake Placid said:

watch this not be released 😭

The way this was already predictable minutes after the announcement 😭

2.gif

I wonder if she secretly shot all the visuals months ago like she did for Ocean or if they'll be more recent this time...

I just want her to be blonde for the whole era :icant: 

I also wonder if the unused looks from the Tough MV are indeed for a MV from Lasso or just random pictures she wanted to take... she looks professionally styled so I think it's album related :true:

giphy.gif

11 minutes ago, Venice Peach said:

I also wonder if the unused looks from the Tough MV are indeed for a MV from Lasso or just random pictures she wanted to take... she looks professionally styled so I think it's album related :true:

These ones?

I've often wondered what these photos were made for...  🤔  btw, the alligator lol 🐊

Screenshot-20240901-111047-Instagram.jpg

https://www.instagram.com/p/C8HXfZ4uCwi/?igsh=MThuOTEzb2pxdDcwZg==

Screenshot-20240827-142854-Instagram.jpg

3 minutes ago, Make me your Dream Life said:

it's august 32nd EnUPwxl.mp4

...like an endless summer... :bop: we have to wait for Lasso to be released so that autumn can begin

Screenshot-20240827-142854-Instagram.jpg

53 minutes ago, laurita said:

These ones?

I've often wondered what these photos were made for...  🤔  btw, the alligator lol 🐊

Yeah... it's not a super elaborate look but she has different hair and clothes so I doubt she did all that on set just to take a couple of pictures for IG :creepna2:

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, laurita said:

These ones?

The Fishtail audio and caption made me think if she has actually offer something more for Ocean Blvd, a final MV?

2.gif