Elle

Lasso - Pre-Release Thread: OUT September 2024

58 minutes ago, Embach said:

Tomorrow's the debate! :ma:

Just because it’s insanely dry in here let’s do a thought experiment: IF Jinnwithin is an insider and IF what they said about new music being dependent on US politics (single releasing after the debate this week; Lasso being released only if Trump loses) then that makes me believe these songs could be somewhat political. Which would…… scare me :charli: When I type it all out though it sounds insane. 

Tumblr

10 hours ago, Embach said:

She called Ride and Video Games country, are these songs horrid to your ears as well? :dua:

Source: trust me bro? :dua:

give me a bit, I'll try and find it I just realized how sus this is, I saw it in a interview

꧁✬◦°⋆⋆°◦. "𝓨𝓸𝓾𝓻 𝓳𝓾𝓼𝓽 𝓪 𝓶𝓪𝓷, 𝓲𝓽𝓼 𝓳𝓾𝓼𝓽 𝔀𝓱𝓪𝓽 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓭𝓸" ◦°⋆⋆°◦✬꧂

11 hours ago, Embach said:

She called Ride and Video Games country, are these songs horrid to your ears as well? :dua:

Source: trust me bro? :dua:

Source: https://www.billboard.com/music/music-news/lana-del-rey-country-album-lasso-no-heavy-departure-1235758786/

12 minutes ago, Juniper said:

I mean yeah, she said that in an interview which is kinda our last string of hope but the thing with Lana is that some of her promises have not come true (COTCC September 5 flashbacks) and many of us have huge trust issues when comes down to things like these :prettyhurts:

24 minutes ago, aGlassShipThatCanFly said:

Just because it’s insanely dry in here let’s do a thought experiment: IF Jinnwithin is an insider and IF what they said about new music being dependent on US politics (single releasing after the debate this week; Lasso being released only if Trump loses) then that makes me believe these songs could be somewhat political. Which would…… scare me :charli: When I type it all out though it sounds insane. 

She better use those 4 political LFL outtakes :pray2:

2.gif

2 hours ago, aGlassShipThatCanFly said:

I don’t think that how it was meant to be understood. Lana said that Lasso was very Americana lyrically: American dream, nature (perhaps), being free, laidback, having the choice to choose your own destiny (ta name a few elements). 
If those insider claims are true, it seems she is afraid of what would happen if Trump won, if only for the right to get an abortion. If she paints an idealistic view of what the American lifestyle could be on her album, and with a president she fears could « take it all away », then I could understand not wanting to release her album so soon to a Trump victory, with the morale of the « troops » being so low. 
But hey, we have no idea yet if those claims by our new insider are true, so let’s take everything with a grain of salt I guess. 

4 hours ago, Embach said:

I mean yeah, she said that in an interview which is kinda our last string of hope but the thing with Lana is that some of her promises have not come true (COTCC September 5 flashbacks) and many of us have huge trust issues when comes down to things like these :prettyhurts:

She better use those 4 political LFL outtakes :pray2:

YESSS I NEED to hear the four political outtakes

3 hours ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

I don’t think that how it was meant to be understood. Lana said that Lasso was very Americana lyrically: American dream, nature (perhaps), being free, laidback, having the choice to choose your own destiny (ta name a few elements). 
If those insider claims are true, it seems she is afraid of what would happen if Trump won, if only for the right to get an abortion. If she paints an idealistic view of what the American lifestyle could be on her album, and with a president she fears could « take it all away », then I could understand not wanting to release her album so soon to a Trump victory, with the morale of the « troops » being so low. 
But hey, we have no idea yet if those claims by our new insider are true, so let’s take everything with a grain of salt I guess. 

That makes the most sense. I imagine her version of a country album will be heavy on Americana themes, visuals & nostalgia and it probably wouldn’t have the same impact released around the election. The Hollywood Reporter put out an article yesterday stating studios wont be releasing movies around Election Day because it’s expected to be a shit show so I wouldn’t be surprised if the music industry is following suit. 

Tumblr

I love that Lana associated songs like Ride, Video Games and Tough with country, then drops Blue Banisters as her describing it upon as revenge album, whilst it being her most southern/country thing she’s ever done :bebe: 

So I guess I’m happy with whatever she says :smile2:

unless country really means a nikki lane feature :sideeye:

8 hours ago, aGlassShipThatCanFly said:

guys.. let's be real.. she's playing stagecoach next year and dating.. well.. what are the chances she's being openly anti Trump again? :awkney2:

8 minutes ago, trust no terrence said:

guys.. let's be real.. she's playing stagecoach next year and dating.. well.. what are the chances she's being openly anti Trump again? :awkney2:

She’s apolitical again tbh American politics is a mess like ew Michelle I don’t like anyone but Lana cmon…

i like your ultra-violent swing :grinds:

When Lana scraps Lasso and replaces it with an experimental/ avant-garde/ musique concrete album with 4 tracks that are 30 minutes each then what :godlaugh:

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧。・:*:・゚★。・:*:・゚☆*:・゚✧*:・゚✧

8 hours ago, Make me your Dream Life said:

I love blue banisters I wouldn't mind a blue banisters 2.0

Taste! Same honestly, it's very special and magical. 

8 hours ago, Make me your Dream Life said:

I love blue banisters I wouldn't mind a blue banisters 2.0

My only peeve was the fact I wasn’t keen on the unreleased songs being on it. Otherwise it was a good record.  Lasso I feel will be better though 

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance