Elle

Lasso - Pre-Release Thread: OUT September 2024

Somehow it's good that she didn't leave us in the dark. We know the name of the album, when to expect it and what direction it will take (of course, nothing is absolutely set in stone). Maybe it was also a forewarning so that some wouldn't be too disappointed despite the long wait. We've even heard the snippet of a possible next song (and it whets the appetite for more). So we're relatively well informed in this era, now it's just a case of wait and see. :daydream:

1 hour ago, NikoGo said:

to be fair it was ultimately released in June, so it was probably a distribution issue. I mean look at Ocean, it was delayed 2 weeks in January, and she barely said anything about it! But yeah, she definitely has a habit of doing this. I’ve been around since BTD and I’m STILL haunted by the Tropico release. “Its coming you little bitch” was the most iconic Lana line at that time 

2 hours ago, Embach said:

Remember when Lana said that UV will be released in May 2014 lol :paris: even back then the rollout was not clear

I always thought UV had been postponed a bit because the Black Keys released their LP at the beginning of May (I think it was May 4th). So, maybe not to overshadow Dan’s release, it got pushed back a little. That’s what I made of it anyways. 

1 hour ago, Mer said:

Sometimes I genuinely think Lana still believes putting out an album as the LANA DEL REY is still as easy as hitting “upload” on YouTube like she did in her Lizzy days lmao :true:

:true:

our queen is a genius and very talented but one talent she does lack is estimating the time things take to get done. 

1 hour ago, Psychedelic Pussy said:

when she surprises us with an unreleased album & a covers album AND a new poetry book to make the wait less painful :trisha:

I love how optimistic you are about the poetry book still being a thing… 

if this thing really IS actual contemporary country, imma need PG to make psychedelic surf rock trip hop versions of every track

the earth shattered, the sky opened

tumblr_p594n81oiC1x11ydmo2_400.gif

that rain was fire, but we were wooden

1 hour ago, GaboSpaceCowboy said:

I've lost count of the number of times I've read psychedelic surf rock trip hop in this thread. :adele:

did you count witchy and southern gothic

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

14 minutes ago, ivory almond said:

if this thing really IS actual contemporary country, imma need PG to make psychedelic surf rock trip hop versions of every track

I'm afraid I'm still in my folk era :bebe: 

Spoiler

More stripped down versions coming :cuteface:

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: