Elle

Lasso - Pre-Release Thread: OUT September 2024

19 minutes ago, Pink Flamingo said:

Do you guys think this album will be lyrically good? I mean NFR, Ocean Blvd level of writing 

I don't wanna be controversial but I think that OB, in terms of writing, is a lot better than NFR, probably because it's more raw and complex but I love NFR's writing as well, so I think that since Lana said in an interview w Hollywood Reporter in September that thing's are lyrically going to be more simple, so I think that it's not as complex as OB, perhaps more like NFR or COTCC (which is also lyrically amazing imo)

url%5D

14 minutes ago, honeymoon is alive said:

of course, we are talking about lana del rey babe :judgingu3:

:clapback:

6 minutes ago, Embach said:

I don't wanna be controversial but I think that OB, in terms of writing, is a lot better than NFR, probably because it's more raw and complex but I love NFR's writing as well, so I think that since Lana said in an interview w Hollywood Reporter in September that thing's are lyrically going to be more simple, so I think that it's not as complex as OB, perhaps more like NFR or COTCC (which is also lyrically amazing imo)

I feel that both are very well written, but you are right when you say that Ocean Blvd is more complex than NFR.

Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters GIF - Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters -  Discover & Share GIFsin medias res: Gods and Monsters, Lana Del Rey

34 minutes ago, Pink Flamingo said:

Do you guys think this album will be lyrically good? I mean NFR, Ocean Blvd level of writing 

honestly i feel like she’s gonna kind of take a step back from the really deep and personal writing but ik the album is still gonna be amazing 

tumblr_msgktbC6Al1rqekzuo1_400.gif

.*𝒹𝑜𝓃’𝓉 𝓁𝑒𝒶𝓋𝑒, 𝒾 𝒿𝓊𝓈𝓉 𝓃𝑒𝑒𝒹 𝒶 𝓌𝒶𝓀𝑒 𝓊𝓅 𝒸𝒶𝓁𝓁✧.*

I would like Lana to do what Taylor is doing with TTPD, each variant of the album represents something different, but we know she won't do that.

1 minute ago, thatcinnamongirl said:

honestly i feel like she’s gonna kind of take a step back from the really deep and personal writing but ik the album is still gonna be amazing 

As someone above said I don't feel it will be as deep as Ocean Blvd, but it will be very very well written (chemtrails or NFR).

Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters GIF - Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters -  Discover & Share GIFsin medias res: Gods and Monsters, Lana Del Rey

2 hours ago, Make me your Dream Life said:

Shan't be participating in any mental gymnastics n run arounds today but. some news would be terrific rite about now.

sucks that the album is so far away bc insiders aren’t gonna start spilling and singles won’t be dropped until like june-august 

we’re gonna party like it’s 1949

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀  ⠀          ⠀     :¨ ·.· ¨:

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀   ⠀                  `· . ꔫ

Im glad Cigarettes After Sex is releasing a new album in July to get my mind away from Lana because right now, Lasso seems so far away :icant: Although we know pretty much nothing, I kinda wish she’d have said nothing other than « Jack and I are recording new songs ». 

I loved getting the lead single plus preorders ans track list and all the covers at the same time for ocean that was a momentous day for me. I want that again but that would mean no lead single in time for coachella unless she wants to have a 5-6 month wait from preorders which I could live with. But being real coachella will just be her set from last year

11 minutes ago, honey dew said:

I loved getting the lead single plus preorders ans track list and all the covers at the same time for ocean that was a momentous day for me. I want that again but that would mean no lead single in time for coachella unless she wants to have a 5-6 month wait from preorders which I could live with. But being real coachella will just be her set from last year

i think she will do something special for coachella, she said she was really excited and that we should be too so im hoping that we have a new setlist and great moments! like a new single  :judgingu3:

35 minutes ago, honey dew said:

I do see her doing something different for Coachella

Lasso Official Tracklist:

01. Lasso (feat. Nikki Lane) — 5:24

02. Old-Time Tune — 2:55

03. Blink — 5:29

04. Henry, Come On (feat. Luke Laird) — 3:48

05. Front Yard (feat. Dolly Parton) — 4:11

06. Hey Blue Baby — 3:02

07. I Must Be Stupid For Being So Happy — 2:36
08. Sequoia — 6:17
09. 1985 — 3:34
10. Candle In The Wind — 1:59
11. Rock Candy Sweet — 3:22
12. Television Static — 4:37
13. Dog Tag — 4:58
14. Graceland (feat. Shania Twain) — 4:26

Total runtime — 56:38

the earth shattered, the sky opened

tumblr_p594n81oiC1x11ydmo2_400.gif

that rain was fire, but we were wooden

1 hour ago, ivory almond said:

Lasso Official Tracklist:

01. Lasso (feat. Nikki Lane) — 5:24

02. Old-Time Tune — 2:55

03. Blink — 5:29

04. Henry, Come On (feat. Luke Laird) — 3:48

05. Front Yard (feat. Dolly Parton) — 4:11

06. Hey Blue Baby — 3:02

07. I Must Be Stupid For Being So Happy — 2:36
08. Sequoia — 6:17
09. 1985 — 3:34
10. Candle In The Wind — 1:59
11. Rock Candy Sweet — 3:22
12. Television Static — 4:37
13. Dog Tag — 4:58
14. Graceland (feat. Shania Twain) — 4:26

Total runtime — 56:38

not blink ft clayton the tw*nk :bebe:

What is with this narrative that nfr isn’t deep :bebe: just cause you’re singing about your family doesn’t make it more deep lol

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

6 minutes ago, taco truck said:

What is with this narrative that nfr isn’t deep :bebe: just cause you’re singing about your family doesn’t make it more deep lol

I don't think it's the fact that she's talking about her family that gives Ocean Blvd its depth, but the way she does it. the way the album is written.  Both are very well written albums, of course.

4 minutes ago, taco truck said:

what have I missed

no but agreed, Nfr literally ends on how if she loses hope she would sylvia plath herself :air:

50 minutes ago, Pink Flamingo said:

I don't think it's the fact that she's talking about her family that gives Ocean Blvd its depth, but the way she does it. the way the album is written.  Both are very well written albums, of course.

I just feel like NFR and Ocean Blvd have pretty similar writing styles lol. But yes both are well written. 

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・