Elle

Lasso - Pre-Release Thread: OUT September 2024

11 minutes ago, shadesofblue said:

I hope its more ride and less chemtrails. I need outlaw lana :bang:

Yeah. She's done Chemtrails, she's done BB, she's done Honeymoon.. We don't need another languid, slow-paced sad record. Like, don't go country if you're gonna be sad and think small.

12 hours ago, Psychedelic Pussy said:

I’m sorry but everytime I listen to Ultraviolence I just cannot fathom how she did not continue down this lyrical & sonic path… the vocal effects & layering on Brooklyn baby for example are so transcendent & ethereal.. and the production! The amazing atmosphere of each song on that album is just so beautiful.. truly needs to be studied how she channeled god and created that album.

we desperately need Dan Auerbach to return… I know it will never happen, I know we’re about to get a boring ass country album with a handful of good songs and 1 or 2 classics…. But we need her psychedelic surf rock trip hop masterpiece. I’m sorry I said it I will never stop manifesting

WGe8ynS.gif

4 hours ago, barttttender said:

Yeah. She's done Chemtrails, she's done BB, she's done Honeymoon.. We don't need another languid, slow-paced sad record. Like, don't go country if you're gonna be sad and think small.

I love chemtrails, but yeah I hope she switches things up a little from BB and COTCC. I do enjoy the slower sad songs too, but I hope it’s different 

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7gqsj2bjkxgmq77zi79zc36i0w705phy1th23hnvz&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

⁺.⊹ ࣪ ˖  𝒸𝒶𝓉𝒸𝒽 𝒶 𝓌𝒶𝓋𝑒 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓉𝒶𝓀𝑒 𝒾𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝓌𝑒𝑒𝓉𝓃𝑒𝓈𝓈 ₊˚.༄

21 minutes ago, shadesofblue said:

I love chemtrails, but yeah I hope she switches things up a little from those two. I do enjoy the slower sad songs too, but I hope it’s different 

Like, have 9 slow songs for sure. Hell, have 12. But give us 4 to shake our booty too.

27 minutes ago, Candy Necklace said:

it's been 10 years let go of your hopes for Ultraviolence part 2

Yeah. I don't think Lana is going back to rock. She always tries to do something different.

I hope after Lasso, she tries something like  trap, disco or electronica.

She should leave her piano ballads for when she's in her 40s and 50s. Looking at you, Blue Banisters.

I feel like there's two possibilities for the album sound:

1. It's a "compilation" album of just the country songs she said she recorded with Jack over these years (plus the new one(s) with Luke Laird) and she's keeping everything else post Ocean non country for the next one (LDR11) and that's why she straight up said it's a country album (I think it's the first time she actually describes her upcoming record with a specific genre. She said Chemtrails was folk/americana/country but not even herself was sure about it :hide:)

or

2. We're not getting a full on country album cause we're getting country + whatever new stuff she recorded after Ocean not necessarily with Lasso in mind.

I guess it depends on how long she had the Lasso idea for cause she's allegedly been working on the country stuff for years and we still got 3/4 non country albums so she must be writing with different records in mind (kinda like having Norman songs and Chemtrails songs on the same period).

My bet is that we're getting the second option. I'm sure she has some random songs she really likes that wants to put out as soon as possible and can't wait for 2 whole album cycles with vinyl and all :true:

giphy.gif

I think the album will be very different from Chemtrails. Because if she's been working on it for four years, she would have already put the right songs on this album. It will also be different from BB and Ocean Blvd. I expect a higher number of covers if this is the abandoned 'American Standards & Classics'.

12 minutes ago, bluechemtrails said:

I expect a higher number of covers if this is the abandoned 'American Standards & Classics'.

I think that one supposedly reliable insider said there were no covers, but we shall see! I really don't think Lasso is the abandoned covers album though.

1 hour ago, DCooper said:

Now that it's April we deserve some Lasso news ASAP :pray2:

A Lasso release :pray2:

If I get a little prettier can I be your baby?

Beskrivning saknas.

I believe in Flipside/Is This Happiness?/Your Girl supremacy

3 hours ago, barttttender said:

Yeah. I don't think Lana is going back to rock. She always tries to do something different.

I hope after Lasso, she tries something like  trap, disco or electronica.

She should leave her piano ballads for when she's in her 40s and 50s. Looking at you, Blue Banisters.

electronica is a must

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

1 minute ago, ts2003 said:

Can we get wild one (with newer more countryish production)

Wild one

On Our Way

I don't Wanna Go (Lake Placid)

imagine these songs with country orchestra epic arrangements

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

4 hours ago, barttttender said:

she's done Honeymoon.. We don't need another languid, slow-paced sad record.

Honeymoon is barely any of that

url%5D

I wonder if she works with Drew Ericson as well for Lasso, we can expect orchestra from him

url%5D