Elle

Lasso - Pre-Release Thread: OUT September 2024

8 hours ago, Embach said:

Every opener of hers has been a ballad though? especially Love which is slower than some other openers

Not quite true. Cruel World is not a ballad, more of a psychedelic rock song. Love is more uplifting than a standard ballad; more dream pop, really. Born to Die may have been a ballad at inception, but the production and the beats made it a lot more cinematic/baroque pop. Ride is a ballad for sure, but with a lot of oomph and lush, cinematic production, making it feel more like baroque pop.

Norman, Text Book, Honeymoon, and the Grants are definitely straight-up ballads, though.

I was really hoping for a country album but r&b wouldn’t be the worst thing. I feel like it would be weird if it came out in September because I feel like r&b has more of a summer feel. I know this is controversial but I would love to see an album with the same vibes of doin time.

1 minute ago, Lanas Candy Necklace said:

“Be young, be dope, be proud”

OMG Y'ALL WAKE TF UP!!! :lange:

gyO1ucP.jpeg

Mod Note: Yeah we're not doing this type of stuff. User warned (don’t troll)

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

7 hours ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

Pop insider on Twitter said to expect more electronic / r&b / rap sounds in her upcoming material. I find it hard to believe but hey, who knows with her

They didn’t specify if it was for Lasso or something else though. 

I mean they heard the Tough snippets

and Mirror preview. They're trying to act like insiders but don't really have information.

i think lasso will sound somewhat like fishtail especially after she recently posted on insta about it. fishtail and tough remind me of each other; they both have that dreamy lush atmospheric sound

giphy.webp

♡︎ ⁺.⊹ ˖  𝓂𝓎 𝒷𝒶𝒷𝓎 𝓁𝒾𝓋𝑒𝓈 𝒾𝓃 𝓈𝒽𝒶𝒹𝑒𝓈 𝑜𝒻 𝒷𝓁𝓊𝑒 ₊˚. ♡︎

5 hours ago, barttttender said:

Not quite true. Cruel World is not a ballad, more of a psychedelic rock song. Love is more uplifting than a standard ballad; more dream pop, really. Born to Die may have been a ballad at inception, but the production and the beats made it a lot more cinematic/baroque pop. Ride is a ballad for sure, but with a lot of oomph and lush, cinematic production, making it feel more like baroque pop.

Norman, Text Book, Honeymoon, and the Grants are definitely straight-up ballads, though.

I might agree what you said but I wouldn't consider Text Book as a standard ballad since it has an upbeatish chorus, the song itself is weirdly structured although I like it. I'd maybe put Norman in the same category as Love but NFR isn't dream pop really, although it's "faster" than Love. 

Honeymoon and The Grants are definitely very ballady and also one of her best ballads!

3 hours ago, barttttender said:

I mean they heard the Tough snippets

and Mirror preview. They're trying to act like insiders but don't really have information.

Exactly

url%5D

On 6/24/2024 at 4:04 PM, darknight said:

why are you so formal ? :party: ( no offense)

Hi darknight

My apologies for the late response. It is a busy period as you can imagine (end of month / end of financial year end). 

Apologies if I am too formal. I will try to be warmer in my responses to all. Sorry if it came across as too cold / too formal. 

I hope you are well otherwise, and excited for Lasso’s release! 

Kind regards

On 6/7/2024 at 3:44 AM, Candy Necklace said:

what if lasso sounds like please please please by Sabrina, it’s produced by Jack and it kinda has a yeehaw vibe to it 

Lana is above that :true:

Oh not that being a post from ages ago, I haven't been checking the thread at all :rip:

3 hours ago, shadesofblue said:

i think lasso will sound somewhat like fishtail especially after she recently posted on insta about it. fishtail and tough remind me of each other; they both have that dreamy lush atmospheric sound

I really love fishtail, but fishtail is nothing in comparison to tough. Perhaps it is an extension to some components of fishtail. But tough has a whole differrent vibe.  i think this could be her best collab ever. 

its not simple its trigonometry on We Heart It