Elle

Lasso - Pre-Release Thread: OUT September 2024

Manifesting murder ballads. Like, I know she said that the lyricism is lighter but I think that under lighter she meant that it's less wordy and more world-building. So I'd still think that with lighter lyricism she'd still nail the storytelling of a legend or murder tale. :true:

2.gif

50 minutes ago, Nectar said:

Oh lord 566 pages and still nothing.

And the fact that the title still includes OUT September 2024 is just rubbing salt into our wounds

Just checked and the Tunnel pre release thread was 3372 pages. We may have a way to go 😳

4 minutes ago, Embach said:

Manifesting murder ballads. Like, I know she said that the lyricism is lighter but I think that under lighter she meant that it's less wordy and more world-building. So I'd still think that with lighter lyricism she'd still nail the storytelling of a legend or murder tale. :true:

I love that lighter lyrics makes you think of murder ballads 🤣 I think you are right though. Tunnel was so personal and dealt with the trauma of her past a lot. I think by the sounds of it, she may be ready to move on from that. 

41 minutes ago, Embach said:

This is kinda why I think Zodiac would be soooo good for a Southern Gothic record, although she will most likely not release it :(

I still hope that Henry Come On is on the album. It sounds so great. I love the clear guitar. Her vocals are also so good and clear, reminds me the vocals of 2013 Tropico and Ultraviolence era outtakes. It's so calm and soothing. Like a country lullaby! :true:

2.gif

25 minutes ago, Embach said:

I still hope that Henry Come On is on the album. It sounds so great. I love the clear guitar. Her vocals are also so good and clear, reminds me the vocals of 2013 Tropico and Ultraviolence era outtakes. It's so calm and soothing. Like a country lullaby! :true:

I sure hope so. Her acoustic guitar ballads are always so amazing. 

5 hours ago, Americen Whore said:

Ocean Blvd is a great album, but it has so many flaws, the mixing, the incoherency, too many samples, too many interludes, the unclear vocals, and many other things, it just lacks having its own atmosphere, when I listen to it, I feel like I’m listening to 3 different albums, I really hope lasso will be cohesive, with crystal clear vocals and great mixing.

I really disagree about the incoherency. Musically yes, but I think the main tunnel theme - going in with The Grants and walking through the darkness to come out on the other side in the light - that runs through it is what keeps the whole thing together. It’s very thematically coherent in my opinion 

17 hours ago, Embach said:

time for the zodiac to reveal himself :true:

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

18 hours ago, Embach said:

Agreed, there will probably be more structured full bodied songs with maybe a more simple rhyming pattern. The lyrics will still slap!

9 minutes ago, Bonita said:

It makes sense for a single to be released this month and then another in November and December. I mean Henry, COME ON :party:

I mean, it's tuesday now and she loves to randomly drop singles on tuesdays so I'm manifesting it today:flop::true:

18 hours ago, Embach said:

Like That's The Night That the Lights Went Out in Georgia? 

4 minutes ago, Vertimus said:

Like That's The Night That the Lights Went Out in Georgia? 

Yeah, but with Lana-esque writing style of course. I do think that any (country) singer can write murder ballads but Lana can nail it 100% if she puts her own (classic) references into the lyrics.

2.gif