Elle

Lasso - Pre-Release Thread: OUT September 2024

3 minutes ago, Embach said:

agreed what you said about henry and those other songs but i think that optimistic lyrics can be gorgeously honest as well (not directed at nawwal because i lowkey think that nothing happens there lyrically but that's another topic). like, i know that people (including myself) mostly like songs that have darker and bleaker lyrics because they can be relatable and/or can make you feel something. but i have never really liked the "stereotype" people have made over the years that like happier and lighthearted lyrics are shallow and fake but i personally think that there can be many songs in happier contexts which can still be very deep and honest. i think perfect example of it is cotcc title track.

1 minute ago, DrippingPeaches said:

THIS some of her best songs imo are super upbeat and happy (let the light in, margaret, MAC, VB)

TRUUU im also a Wild At Heart defender, that's got such a sweet and happy almost self-love sentiment to it and i think that's pretty nicely written. [wait is WAH the closest we've gotten to a lana self-empowerment girlboss anthem? is that her Born This Way? :creep:] also Grandfather is quite happy i would say and that's such a poetic and gorgeous song. those Get Free verses too, so gorgeous :defeated:

Wq9zHLl.jpg

while we’re on Henry territory here I’ll be honest, i was gagged at first as i always am when Lana drops stuff but then time sets in and i get a clearer view of what i fw and what I don’t and like many have said Henry sounds like a cute little tune à la NAWWAL she wrote on a whim and tbh it can stay in the drafts as far as I’m concerned (not even going to mention the mixing sounds underwhelming and too quiet again and i really need good instrumental mixing this time). while we’re being honest, musically speaking, transitions in between eras have stopped being abrupt since after Norman, as in she has kinda glided from one album to the next  keeping a similar sound, at times folksy, at times surf-rockish, with the occasional hip hop reference she’s been known for (which i think she’s only sticking to so that bratty fans don’t complain she’s stopped doing trap altogether, which I’m fairly sure she will at some point) I personally think what we are hearing is Lana trying to re-brand her sound. Sounds between BTD/UV/HM are quite different but when the song demos leaked we could hear the sounds from one era bleeding into the sound of the new era, but then eventually when the music came out it was fully formed. Right now we are going from one album to the next and the change is happening as we listen to it, which can be interesting but also boring. Having said that, I personally have no idea what to expect. Her next move could as easily be another collection of songs with her trying to settle into a newfound sound as a new sound altogether. I won’t lie, I would rather she smacked us in the face with something different but if she’s just going to give us more folk Americana i would at the very least love for it to be some kind of Ride meets Wild One idk something like Bruce Springsteen’s Nebraska but I’m not sure that’s where she is emotionally right now. Ok sorry about the Ted talk 💀

To this day, I never understood the hype LB got for Henry after having heard the snippet :stareney2: I mean, it’s cute, I like it, but the never ending COCC or BB slander read here for songs that sound like “demos” or “unfinished” or “too simple” and yet LB craves Henry… Never change, LB, never change. 
If the song is indeed scrapped from Lasso, she should just release it as a standalone single and we’ll give it the 1000 streams it will get in the end on Spotify :lmaoney:

25 minutes ago, Fart Deco said:

The sound of the last snippet posted by lady gagie on Instagram is all I wanted from Lana’s next album :defeated:

Lady gaga x Lana collab would make my year

To see the hate for Henry when I’ve been thirsting for it since it got tease is traumatic for me

its so beautiful and the story it tells is so well written

a lovely moody ballad about a misunderstanding between lovers

with a country twang

This album isn’t being rushed like her Covid albums that couldn’t be worked out due to restrictions.

its going to be an epic album, I feel it 

IM STRONGER THANgiphy.gifALL MY MEN...

1 hour ago, Fart Deco said:

The sound of the last snippet posted by lady gagie on Instagram (moondust gets everywhere) is all I wanted from Lana’s next album :defeated:

just heard it, that’s so Lanaesque. Imagine if there’s a collab :defeated: