Sign in to follow this  
DeadSeaOfMercury

What was the first album you ever bought?

first cd: mary j blige - share my world

first vinyl : ultraviolence :party:

image04.gif?v=7de1b8f7

What was the first album CD/digital/vinyl/etc you ever bought? 

Mine was Taylor Swift’s first album in 2009! I had an iPod nano at the time so this was back when you had to physically upload the album to your iTunes and then connect your iPod to your computer to download. Kinda crazy how much success shes had since then. Although I don’t listen to her as much as I once did, it brings a lot of good memories as a child & it’s still an amazing album. I remember my friends and I loving this album at the time, it’s very nostalgic <3 Also just realized how 2000’s this album cover is and I love it tbh

Taylor_Swift_-_Taylor_Swift.png

Discuss! 

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7gqsj2bjkxgmq77zi79zc36i0w705phy1th23hnvz&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

⁺.⊹ ࣪ ˖  𝒸𝒶𝓉𝒸𝒽 𝒶 𝓌𝒶𝓋𝑒 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓉𝒶𝓀𝑒 𝒾𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝓌𝑒𝑒𝓉𝓃𝑒𝓈𝓈 ₊˚.༄

i wasn't really interested in buying physical copies of music until i was like 12 and i think the first CD i bought was cry baby by melanie martinez at one of her shows in 2016. but if we're talking digital i was busy illegally downloading hollywood undead and avril lavigne songs at 8 :creepna:

violets in your eyes

I can’t remember my first album.. but I do remember getting an iPod nano for Christmas in 2008 with an iTunes gift card (so my own actual purchase.. as no other income at 13 lol)

I bought.. live your life by rhianna & TI 

and that’s not my name by the ting tings 

and that’s the most random choice of songs to buy together lol

S0F1O.gif
dancing all night to the dirty blues 

My mom says the first album she bought me was Red by Taylor Swift but I think she bought me Fearless when I was like 5 lol.

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

lol if we go by albums that were bought for us.. as a young child I remember being obsessed with “do they know it’s Christmas time” .. and got the CD which had the OG version and the 2004 version and would listen to in on repeat :bebe: 

S0F1O.gif

Confessions On A Dancefloor by Madonna!

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

If I’m being honest, it is very likely my very first physical purchase will have been born to die 

I was always an iPod kid so I never bought actual physical music.. however.. I got my first car to learn in 2012 and I had a 6 slot CD changer (that I adored) and it 100% had born to die in because I was obsessed with the album.. and the other albums I had alongside were Eminem and Kanye west which I stole from my brothers and Eric Clapton and fleetwood mac from my parents CD collection 

I had that car up until May 2017 and it had all my Lana CDs in the car CD changer and my husband didn’t take them out when the car was taken to be scrapped and I wasn’t there.. I was so upset :toofunny:

S0F1O.gif

Ohhh great thread idea! 

I think the first I bought was OK Computer by Radiohead,  it's hard to remember though. Other early ones were Vespertine by Bjork and The Doors (by the Doors) 

The cicadas in the sunset are your guide