Davis

Florence + The Machine

Just now, Shanice Jones said:

dw gurls, on March 18th, Charli will close the folk portal Jack opened since 2019...

Lol this song is better than any of the "CRASH" tracks :pls:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

i won’t let people lie on here and say high as hope was bad or lacklustre :oprah3: though it was short, it’s a concise and perfect project that i feel was a clean slate as the first three albums were so chaotic and insane and florence had fought so many personal demons she had to have one project to just say what she had to say to herself and family and friends so she could carry on. now we get back to the chaos but this time she’s in a better place :sass:

tumblr_inline_nojcj6qe1j1s5i2my_400.gif gmgif.gif morrissey-flowers.gif

Just now, Shanice Jones said:

Love both Florence and Charli.

Me too lol, but PC Music and Mixtape Charli > pure pop Charli

3 minutes ago, Cherry Blossom said:

i won’t let people lie on here and say high as hope was bad or lacklustre :oprah3: though it was short, it’s a concise and perfect project that i feel was a clean slate as the first three albums were so chaotic and insane and florence had fought so many personal demons she had to have one project to just say what she had to say to herself and family and friends so she could carry on. now we get back to the chaos but this time she’s in a better place :sass:

HAH is my least favorite, but it certainly was a transitory album 

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

I love the song and video! as I knew I would :ma:

Spoiler

But I’m not the only one getting vibes like shes like forced/forcing herself to go on with the show? With like the comments on mythology & not a mother / bride???

I do love this song, But I hope she’s In a happy place, I love Florence.

IMG-3521.jpg

1 minute ago, DeadSeaOfMercury said:

I love the song and video! as I knew I would :ma:

Hide contents

But I’m not the only one getting vibes like shes like forced/forcing herself to go on with the show? With like the comments on mythology & not a mother / bride???

I do love this song, But I hope she’s In a happy place, I love Florence.

interesting! i personally feel like florence seems so much more confident this era (or has been more confident post high as hope)

songs like moderation and now King make me think she’s reminding herself who she is, a boss ass bitch! 

interesting! i personally feel like florence seems so much more confident this era (or has been more confident post high as hope)

songs like moderation and now King make me think she’s reminding herself who she is, a boss ass bitch! 

Behold, The One True Supreme BOSS ASS BITCH!!! :hair:

IMG-3521.jpg

not a florence person generally (like a lot of the songs in theory but something about her voice/the way she sings/her general affect that annoys the fuck out me) but like this song a lot more than most other stuff of her's i've heard.

aOaIzH2.gif

3 minutes ago, rightofjupiter said:

not a florence person generally (like a lot of the songs in theory but something about her voice/the way she sings/her general affect that annoys the fuck out me) but like this song a lot more than most other stuff of her's i've heard.

:mj3:

IMG-3521.jpg

Just now, cinnamongirI said:

jack is an amazing producer. i said what I said :candy:

:true:

I listened to this song two or three times before I found out who produced it. And I never would have guessed it was Jack :oprah3:

4 minutes ago, Thunder said:

I listened to this song two or three times before I found out who produced it. And I never would have guessed it was Jack :oprah3:

i am a certified jack hater but i think florence has the potential to overcome the jackisms

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

i don’t have a problem with jack. i just had a problem with him and the projects he worked on all being similar sonically - obviously every artists individual choice, but i couldn’t help but feel like jack had some input also. however this new florence song clearly isn’t another surf inspired laid back beach sound, so i’m fine with him producing. he’s capable of so many things, he produced some of the best songs on 1989 and is a master at pop music. it’s just frustrating when every album he made in the past few years sounded like the same genre. but i don’t have a problem with him producing this as i said already, the song is no different sonically or lyrically to her previous stuff 

7 minutes ago, the ocean said:

i am a certified jack hater but i think florence has the potential to overcome the jackisms

there is no such thing as a jackism so there’s nothing to overcome. might as well prosper with that so-called jackism! :dua:

2 minutes ago, cinnamongirI said:

there is no such thing as a jackism so there’s nothing to overcome. might as well prosper with that so-called jackism! :dua:

it’s just frustrating when every album he made in the past few years sounded like the same genre.

ahem

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

7 minutes ago, Cherry Blossom said:

i don’t have a problem with jack. i just had a problem with him and the projects he worked on all being similar sonically - obviously every artists individual choice, but i couldn’t help but feel like jack had some input also. however this new florence song clearly isn’t another surf inspired laid back beach sound, so i’m fine with him producing. he’s capable of so many things, he produced some of the best songs on 1989 and is a master at pop music. it’s just frustrating when every album he made in the past few years sounded like the same genre. but i don’t have a problem with him producing this as i said already, the song is no different sonically or lyrically to her previous stuff 

this right here. its obv. he has amazing talent but that 2019-2021 era of acoustic-guitar-with-synths sonic sound was too much.  It seems he's over that production style as I didn't know he made this song until reading this page and looking it up

The song is nice... i was expecting something more medieval with a bang, hopefully the album has more surprises

Edited by TRENCH