Elle

Indio, CA @ Coachella: Weekend 2 - April 19th, 2024

2 hours ago, Psychedelic Pussy said:

Yknow it IS strange that Taylor went to coachella to watch a bunch of shows but not Lana’s…. 
I guess it’s definitely a possibility for week 2!

I found this weird too.. the media kept posting about Taylor going to coachella to support her best buddy Lana and then she didn’t even watch her set :toofunny:

I think this makes me feel it’s less likely she’ll guest at week 2, because you’d think she’d want to stand back at watch the show (if she didn’t see the first one) 

S0F1O.gif
dancing all night to the dirty blues 

I also thought it was strange that Taylor didn't go to see Lana, but she did go the next day to see Ice and Jack, that made me think that she will probably attend weekend two, either just to watch or as Lana's guest, that weekend is her album release so it would be a good promo (like taylor needs it lol) I would like to see Lana and Taylor singing together actually.

On the other hand I hope Lana talks about LASSO, it's a great time to promote it, her videos from weekend 1 went super viral on TikTok, I don't know if it's too early to release a single, considering the album is coming out in september, what do you guys think?

Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters GIF - Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters -  Discover & Share GIFsin medias res: Gods and Monsters, Lana Del Rey

9 minutes ago, Pink Flamingo said:

I also thought it was strange that Taylor didn't go to see Lana, but she did go the next day to see Ice and Jack, that made me think that she will probably attend weekend two, either just to watch or as Lana's guest, that weekend is her album release so it would be a good promo (like taylor needs it lol) I would like to see Lana and Taylor singing together actually.

On the other hand I hope Lana talks about LASSO, it's a great time to promote it, her videos from weekend 1 went super viral on TikTok, I don't know if it's too early to release a single, considering the album is coming out in september, what do you guys think?

When this means Taylor is her guest at week 2 and they’re debuting a single from lasso that Taylor features on :toofunny:

edit; I don’t think I’d be mad.. I think snow on the beach is AWFUL. But a country song together.. that could work..

S0F1O.gif

5 minutes ago, Thats why they call me Dita said:

When this means Taylor is her guest at week 2 and they’re debuting a single from lasso that Taylor features on :toofunny:

edit; I don’t think I’d be mad.. I think snow on the beach is AWFUL. But a country song together.. that could work..

I'd love taylor to be on lasso, lana on midnights and taylor on lasso would be a full circle moment honestly

Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters GIF - Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters -  Discover & Share GIFsin medias res: Gods and Monsters, Lana Del Rey

7 minutes ago, Thats why they call me Dita said:

what if they debut a song from Taylor's upcoming album?

44 minutes ago, bluechemtrails said:

what if they debut a song from Taylor's upcoming album?

I don’t know if I’d like that, because it doesn’t really add to the set being Lana’s- as it’ll be a song not known as only released today and a song that Lana has no other ties to 

Billie performing ocean eyes really worked because it’s like a cult classic and it was her debut- paired with video games it was ideal 

if there is a Taylor collab it will need to have similar relevance I think

S0F1O.gif

i mean taylor could have definitely been backstage at lanas and nobody saw!

they have such different performance styles i actually wonder what it would look like if they did sing together i can’t picture it well

giphy.gif

4 hours ago, twinkletoes7 said:

i mean taylor could have definitely been backstage at lanas and nobody saw!

I think she was papped in LA that night so unless she teleported probably not

and tbh that was a bit weird to me that she wasn’t there for Lana’s performance but all over the festival the next day.. and if anything I think if she was Lana’s guest for Weekend 2 wouldn’t she have wanted to take the opportunity to go and enjoy the show on Weekend 1?

I’m kinda hoping she’ll be there to watch on Weekend 2 because obviously we don’t know the extent of their friendship, but Taylor has made such a huge deal of how much she likes Lana and Lana’s music, that I feel I’m justified in thinking that if that’s actually the case it’s a bit weird if she doesn’t take the opportunity of watching her Coachella headlining show when she clearly didn’t have any conflicting commitments and was literally at the festival..

If Taylor $wift is the guest for week 2 i will throw TOMATOES at the TV screen. I do NOT want snore at the beach live. People had issues with Lana’s set at week 1. Why on earth would you want the biggest wet fart of a song ever for week 2? That wouldn’t help the problem. Also if Taylor is on stage you know damn well they’ll sing more than one song. Taylor has no business singing on and RUINING one of Lana’s songs, or vice versa Lana being forced to sing on one of Taylors songs :toofunny:. If i went to a Lana concert and had to sit through a Taylor $wift performance my entire year would be ruined…

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b95237ep20gi51lvjl437x

1 hour ago, X8vinylScratchX said:

If Taylor $wift is the guest for week 2 i will throw TOMATOES at the TV screen. I do NOT want snore at the beach live. People had issues with Lana’s set at week 1. Why on earth would you want the biggest wet fart of a song ever for week 2? That wouldn’t help the problem. Also if Taylor is on stage you know damn well they’ll sing more than one song. Taylor has no business singing on and RUINING one of Lana’s songs, or vice versa Lana being forced to sing on one of Taylors songs :toofunny:. If i went to a Lana concert and had to sit through a Taylor $wift performance my entire year would be ruined…

Jesus man chill, it’s not that deep

An absolute dream would be an "act 2", a continuation of where she left the last show...  But realistically, a dream would be the same setlist with some different songs (please NOT less songs)

I really wonder if she's keeping the entrance. It obviously won't be as "shocking" for those streaming at home but it'll be a collapse for those in the audience.

This is my dream realistic setlist right now:

Without You

West Coast (actually sung)

Doin' Time

Summertime Sadness (damn this new arrangement is really good)

Cherry

Salvatore

Ride

Born to Die

Blue Jeans

Chemtrails Over the Country Club

The Grants

Ocean Blvd

Norman fucking Rockwell (I love it with the drums)

Brooklyn Baby

Mariners Apartment Complex

Let the Light In (with FJM)

Video Games

Hope is a dangerous thing

A&W (the full Jimmy part, not a shortened version of a shortened version wtf)

Peppers (with Tommy Genesis)

Young and Beautiful

6 hours ago, Carmen Del Rey said:

Tell that to other 80% of the fandom that feels this way. How childish, telling someone to “hush” because you don’t agree with them.

I think your being overdramatic

edit- also, your being childish just because without you sounds similar to wildest dreams and she has wears red lipstick doesn’t mean she’s "ripping off" her aesthetic. Grow up 

11 hours ago, Pink Flamingo said:

Knowing how much lana likes to let her friends have their moment, i feel like she wouldn’t announce it the same day as Taylor’s album release. But she is a headliner for Coachella and is having her own moment so it’s not impossible 

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7gqsj2bjkxgmq77zi79zc36i0w705phy1th23hnvz&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

⁺.⊹ ࣪ ˖  𝒸𝒶𝓉𝒸𝒽 𝒶 𝓌𝒶𝓋𝑒 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓉𝒶𝓀𝑒 𝒾𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝓌𝑒𝑒𝓉𝓃𝑒𝓈𝓈 ₊˚.༄