Elle

Indio, CA @ Coachella: Weekend 2 - April 19th, 2024

3 minutes ago, brooklynkilos said:

come back y’all it’s not over yet she still hasn’t sung let the light in or buddy’s rendezvous 

insert swiftie its not over right gif cause um… he’s coming out right?! :crying5:

real talk he actually has a child (with emma, but they're so private about it people only know from seeing them out and about and a deleted post from a band member so keep this on the down low) so he could be busy with them somehow. He’s also told fans he doesn’t want to play coachella anymore cause its not really receptive to him (critics can be so mean sometimes) so it’s kind of surprising he was ever on the setlist at all. i can’t be mad at him for not doing it because like.. lana would probably never do snl again.

but still. father john misty we needed you. 

6 minutes ago, living legend said:

i laughed so hard during Cherry. at one point she said “they’re ruined” so casually. did anyone catch that?! 🤭

yes! so funny

1 minute ago, violettiaras said:

real talk he actually has a child (with emma, but they're so private about it people only know from seeing them out and about and a deleted post from a band member so keep this on the down low) so he could be busy with them somehow.

father john misty

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, details said:

so i guess this is the end of us getting spoiled with professional footage… next show it's probably back to them ghetto instagram lives we gotta be strong sistrens s0uract2.gif

wait…fuck we’re really back in the trenches 

Has it been mentioned that the spoken word verse during the hologram was potentially from Clarissa Pinkola Estés’s Women Who Run With the Wolves? I haven’t read it in full so I can’t say for sure but I noticed some of the themes from the book popping up in that - as a reminder, Lana posted about it in August 2019 and referenced it later with the Chemtrails video and in “Beautiful”. 

Just now, IanadeIrey said:

Has it been mentioned that the spoken word verse during the hologram was potentially from Clarissa Pinkola Estés’s Women Who Run With the Wolves? I haven’t read it in full so I can’t say for sure but I noticed some of the themes from the book popping up in that - Lana posted about it in 2019 and referenced it later in the Chemtrails video and in “Beautiful”. 

yeah, she absolutely loves that book. if i’m not mistaken she posted about it in 2021 too

HELLO THIS WAS STUNNING :oprah2:

THE FUCKING OUTFIT OMG, ALSO THE COUNTRY THEMED OUTFIT AT THE END :trisha:

She sounded good, loved her vocals and she gave us the best Candy Necklace, COCC and Hope performances so far in my opinion :oprah2:

The Hope outro with those spoken words and the hologram of them in the cage, the message :wowcry:

The first show was iconic af already but this was even better

My only complaints are the Camilla fever dream and that she skipped Video Games but couldn't skip Bartender or Arcadia like girl I was kinda pissed :bebe:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

3 minutes ago, Elle said:

Also, was that FJM shade during PWYC…? I thought it was odd that he was on the W1 setlist and didn’t perform either

“Johnnys burned files” is what she said right? I thought it was a reference to the intro song hey hey my my (into the black) which is about johnny rotten. i would die if she and fjm were beefing

3 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

Has it been mentioned that the spoken word verse during the hologram was potentially from Clarissa Pinkola Estés’s Women Who Run With the Wolves? I haven’t read it in full so I can’t say for sure but I noticed some of the themes from the book popping up in that - as a reminder, Lana posted about it in August 2019 and referenced it later with the Chemtrails video and in “Beautiful”. 

2 minutes ago, honeymoon is alive said:

yeah, she absolutely loves that book. if i’m not mistaken she posted about it in 2021 too

That was my immediate guess too! I’ve also not finished it but I really think it could be

Also the Get Free mention at the beginning healed my depression :true:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

THAT WAS FUCKING AMAZING

the way she managed to top last week's performance in every way is insane. camila cabello's appearence was like getting my head hit by rock and hallucinating for like 2 or 3 minutes and even with that it was so much better than last week. yes of course she could've still switched the setlist more but what she did there was beautiful nonetheless

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

Just now, X8vinylScratchX said:

I Luv it into Bartender was CRAZY tho

one of the wildest rides of my life

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

This really was a show for the herstory books:oprah:

OiUHEXQ.jpg