barttttender

The one LDR Producer you want back?

rick nowels

SaTdw.gifSaTdd.gif

5 hours ago, heavensentslut said:

rick nowels

Do we know if their relationship is still solid? It feels like she's ditched him for a younger commodity for the past 5 years - he must not be super happy about that. 

And I'm sure he had a good laugh when SYTH - a song he produced - reached the top 50 on Billboard, while none of OB, Chemtrails or BB even charted .

Nowels -- the best bet because I actually find most of his sounds completely adjacent to my concept of Lana's sonical style in general and he's proven to be a versatile producer capable of making very different songs with her vide Honeymoon, and apart from that he actually was involved in the production for such beloved artists like Marina, Lykke Li, or Madonna. Also Auerbach -- obviously, Heath -- who deserves to have a chance for at least one whole album made with Del Rey, and Haynie -- to a lesser extent, for bangers.

I am so fed up with this soft / surf / folk rock nonsense fr.

original.gif

probably Chris Braide… look at the masterpieces he gave to us… Damn You, Hollywood’s Dead, Million Dollar Man, French Restaurant and Roses. 

he has to work with lana again imo

Afternoon and you’re out for a break

by the shoreby the blue wall

Roller coasters and a Coca-Cola

Honey, I would hate to see you go…

Emile Haynie, Rick Nowels and Parker. Maybe Dan one day. Lana needs a 5 year break from Jack minimum as I think his over use of Piano has meant quite a few songs have not lived up to their full potential. 

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

2 hours ago, barttttender said:

And I'm sure he had a good laugh when SYTH - a song he produced - reached the top 50 on Billboard, while none of OB, Chemtrails or BB even charted .

this was BRUTAL i just had to sit down 😭😭😭

did those actually not chart? im shook!?

giphy.gif

On 5/1/2024 at 3:50 AM, WaitForLife said:

Whoever Put crack in UV and OB Needs to Stay

Lana herself

While I’ve been campaigning for a Mertens return for years, this seems like such a good time for it specifically! She’s been dipping her toes back into surf rock since NFR!, and after an actual Dick Dale interpolation on Peppers, it just feels so right :dance4:

o4qjp4j.png

DAN AUERBACH i grew up with his band the black keys and also lana del rey. I got it all from my dad and then my mom started listening to lana so i grew up with lana del rey and my first album i heard from her was ultraviolence that was also my dads but i love dan and how he produced it its a lot like his work its proably just because i grew up with his music and the album ultraviolence

mae xoxo:twirls:

6 hours ago, twinkletoes7 said:

this was BRUTAL i just had to sit down 😭😭😭

did those actually not chart? im shook!?

literally none. Lana's last four albums only had one song on Billboard 100, and that's Doin' Time. This song was produced by Andrew Watt, not Jack. That means Jack effectively ended her charting streak after Nfr (all her past albums had at least one, but mostly multiple songs on Billboard) 

So, when a random discarded track Nowels produced suddenly charted, he must have had a good really good laugh. It's time for Antonoff to produce a hit. All he needs to do is call Taylor for some vocals and a top 10 is guaranteed. 

not that it matters. But it is kinda weird....making 50 songs together, none of which charts. 

it's possible that what's working for the critics and fans isn't working for the masses. Which is fine by me. But also, Jack, Come On

9 hours ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

Andrew Watt. He gave us some production on FIILY and he produced Doin Time. We need him back. 

Any Rick song would be welcomed also. 

agreed. Watt slayed with Doin' Time and needs to produce a whole record. 

1 hour ago, barttttender said:

literally none. Lana's last four albums only had one song on Billboard 100, and that's Doin' Time. This song was produced by Andrew Watt, not Jack. That means Jack effectively ended her charting streak after Nfr (all her past albums had at least one, but mostly multiple songs on Billboard) 

So, when a random discarded track Nowels produced suddenly charted, he must have had a good really good laugh. It's time for Antonoff to produce a hit. All he needs to do is call Taylor for some vocals and a top 10 is guaranteed. 

not that it matters. But it is kinda weird....making 50 songs together, none of which charts. 

it's possible that what's working for the critics and fans isn't working for the masses. Which is fine by me. But also, Jack, Come On

Can Lana stop becoming second Taylor Swift? It's tiring as hell.

original.gif