rocknrollgroupie

Lana Del Rey and Quavo “Tough” - OUT NOW!

11 minutes ago, barttttender said:

We just want her popularity, reputation and financial success to match her talent, that's all. 

There's something super satisfactory about Lana getting that kind of attention and numbers that are usually reserved for trash artists like niki minaj. 

it's like justice is served

With Lana being as successful as she is, my definition of justice served would be her making the best music possible and staying true to herself. Not that Tough in particular isn't her staying true to herself, but going for big numbers on the charts or caring about that sort of thing definitely isn’t.

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b95237ep20gi51lvjl437x

3 hours ago, sparklertrailerheaven said:

all I know is that the song + video were both supposed to drop on friday, the 5th.

the song is now dropping on the 3rd @ 6PM CEST. not sure if that means the video is also dropping tomorrow or if they’re keeping that for friday. (also, the song was originally scheduled for a way later release and was moved up due to the extremely positive feedback and demand from both fanbases.)

the picture I have posted here before (which got me suspended lol) still seems to be the official artwork. I guess we’ll see tomorrow

Things have been moving quickly today but one of the more interesting bits of news to me is the fact that @sparklertrailerheaven said Tough was meant for a “way later release” until they saw the positive feedback online. I wonder how that could fit into the LDR10 rollout mystery :dua:

Tumblr

Just now, aGlassShipThatCanFly said:

Things have been moving quickly today but one of the more interesting bits of news to me is the fact that @sparklertrailerheaven said Tough was meant for a “way later release” until they saw the positive feedback online. I wonder how that could fit into the LDR10 rollout mystery :dua:

I hope it means that Lasso is still coming in September and Tough was supposed to come later in the year after Lasso rollout, but they decided to move it to an early summer release to build hype for Lasso. :pray2:

Just now, aGlassShipThatCanFly said:

What if we actually start making Lana sure we would love Lasso so she would feel better about releasing it:gasp:

3 minutes ago, aGlassShipThatCanFly said:

it also meant that we were correct in our assumption that her team would have had no issue with her debuting it at Fenway and then not dropping it until Sept :brigitte: 

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

2 minutes ago, DCooper said:

I hope it means that Lasso is still coming in September and Tough was supposed to come later in the year after Lasso rollout, but they decided to move it to an early summer release to build hype for Lasso. :pray2:

I do like the idea that Lasso is locked, loaded and ready to go for a September release and Tough is something she's doing for fun while she explores for LDR11. But I'm really split 50/50 on if I believe Lasso even exists anymore:heidi:

Tumblr

1 hour ago, LifeOnMars said:

Will Lana ever post anything about this song though? 

Probably not. That's just Lana though. She's not going to change now. Wally Crowder has posted more on this than Lana.

1 minute ago, hotshot2am said:

Another Lana store just added a product, we might really see a 7-inch for Tough :agree:

I'm gonna try and resist the urge to buy this considering my Candy Necklace and SYTH 7" are just gathering dust and haven't even been played once :runs:

we're getting lassoed i fear :diva:

1 minute ago, Mer said:

I'm gonna try and resist the urge to buy this considering my Candy Necklace and SYTH 7" are just gathering dust and haven't even been played once :runs:

they're picture discs they're for display :teehee:

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

4 minutes ago, hotshot2am said:

Another Lana store just added a product, we might really see a 7-inch for Tough :agree:

can you see the description for it or can you just see that it’s a 7-inch vinyl?

"Don’t forget me"

Lana has longevity, which is why big streaming numbers don't matter in the present moment because her music is timeless. She's loved by people from all different ages and cultures. She has such wide spectrum of people that love her and that will grow to love her. It's been interesting watching her career slowly build over the years, like a volcano rumbling before it erupts or like those low vibrations you feel in the air before a lightning storm. Everyone that once doubted her or called her names is now praising her.

If you look at say, Ultraviolence or Honeymoon for example, i bet they had very little streaming numbers on Spotify upon release, and now they're at huge numbers. Especially for the type of albums they are, it's impressive. So it doesn't really matter if Tough doesn't get massive streaming numbers in its first week or month because it's more than just a single.. it's another power move in her long lived and iconic career -oh my god this sounds way more dramatic than i intended it to but ima just roll with this

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

1 minute ago, Sunbather Moonchaser said:

Do you have any info, what could be the b-side of the vinyl? :wub:

it's either gonna be an acoustic or instrumental version of Tough; or the most RANDOM thing in the world (like Million Dollar Man)