rocknrollgroupie

Lana Del Rey and Quavo “Tough” - OUT NOW!

I'm always really interested in the difference between the Lanaboards reception of a song vs. the general public reception of a song. Tough is doing so well on streaming and with more casual listeners (and TikTok stans), but a lot of people on LB have already moved on because of the new leaks

imageproxy.jpg

1 hour ago, honeymoon is alive said:

that’s what happens when there’s promotion!!! we all should thank quavo and his team cause we know damn well lana isn’t moving a finger :eartha:

i mean, you need a bop first. Imagine promoting a single like Blue Banisters.

4 hours ago, Super Movie said:

I'm always really interested in the difference between the Lanaboards reception of a song vs. the general public reception of a song. Tough is doing so well on streaming and with more casual listeners (and TikTok stans), but a lot of people on LB have already moved on because of the new leaks

none of those leaks have replay value for me. Tough is addicting truly the song of the summer 

9 minutes ago, Enco said:

none of those leaks have replay value for me. Tough is addicting truly the song of the summer 

Some of the leaks are embarassing. lana singing alanis morissette in a rap song? And it's not even good rap. Lazy

4 hours ago, Super Movie said:

I don’t necessarily think it’s because of leaks. I think the song is catchy and I think it’s good on a basic level

but it’s not got the same charm to me as Lana’s typical work.. but that’s what usually happens with me, Lana’s songs that do well in charts are usually the ones I didn’t care for as much 

like a dream, you glide on the water 

IMG-7034.gif

and like a star, I shine from the shore 

It's not somethin' that you wanna do, it's just somethin' you goin' through

Had to do an MRI today, Tough is my hype song. On repeat since it dropped.😇

🫧 ELVIS WHERE ARE YOU WHEN I NEED YOU MOST 🫧

tumblr_inline_npxzudKmZ21szaa83_250.gifv

🫧 I CAN’T HELP BUT FEEL SOMEWHAT LIKE MY BODY MARRED MY SOUL🫧

It's interesting to hear that Lana and Clayton are in good terms, at the end...we all talked really badly of him but I guess he's not that bad if Lana accepted to collaborate with him - he said that they worked on freestyling "songs", and he liked a comment that asked if he was involved in the making of Lana's upcoming album :daydream: I guess it won't be a surprise if we will see him credited in some of Lana's new songs :w8ing:

tumblr-m8pd6uijos1qgawlzo1-500.gif

Still love this song so much. 

The only thing that I don't understand is the number of people who posted about the demo since release day, therefore confirming they were involved in the creation of the song... and yet they all posted about the damn chorus. I mean, who came up with the melody and the lines? 

https://media.giphy.com/media/v1.Y2lkPTc5MGI3NjExNnI1YXA0dGVqdWJwaTJrNjFvdjJ5YWxna2c1cTFpem1mbDh5NXlxYiZlcD12MV9naWZzX3NlYXJjaCZjdD1n/VOd5RQ7q8FNI3IjS5g/giphy.gif

9 hours ago, Super Movie said:

Is Tough amongst her best songs? Not at all and it never was the goal. Its an incredible summer bop, very addictive with lots of replay value. And yet, it doesnt feel like its «forced» for the sake of making a summer bop, its still very much Lana and I love it. 
I get that Lana is an oddball in the musical landscape and that she is a singer songwriter first, but I'm glad we get some tracks that are more «easy going» to listen to. The leaks are good, I guess (Zodiac is the highlight to me; Everything I Do has interesting production but it's clearly not her best lyrics). And just like you i think LB often wants / likes songs that are doing poorly when it comes to streaming :um3: Like I dont get why people still want Henry as the lead for Lasso, especially after all the complaining that COCC or BB were too minimalist in their production. 

41 minutes ago, honeymooooon said:

song just got to new peak in apple music #24 this is nuts :party:

may she have another hit in her hands

loads of playlist action. Like top songs on itunes.

i also noticed quavo is posting many outdoor

ads, billboards, etc. his label is spending money