rocknrollgroupie

Lana Del Rey and Quavo “Tough” - RELEASE TBA

17 minutes ago, jakoblvd said:

So whats the theme for the song. What yall thinking?

From the shared lyrics by the ATRL insider, I figured it was that if you survived or thrived in that neighbourhood, you’re built tough 

but hey, could be totally about something else 

She and her team (whoever is responsible) needs to stop teasing things so early. 1 week is good. 2 weeks is stretching it. This months out teasing is not it.
This type of teasing is absolutely horrible. Have a set plan for once.

3 hours ago, jakoblvd said:

So whats the theme for the song. What yall thinking?

From the leaked lyrics, it’s an inspirational uplifting self-love song about surviving through hard times, being proud of who you are and where you’re from. You’re “tough”. Very fitting into the things that she’s been saying about wanting to reach more people with classic songs. That is a very broad and universal message. 

This could very well be her signature self-love anthem ala “Flowers”, “Born This Way”, “Fireworks”, etc. It could be a gay anthem or a black community anthem. The feature fits too. It speaks to many demographics.

14 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

From the shared lyrics by the ATRL insider, I figured it was that if you survived or thrived in that neighbourhood, you’re built tough 

but hey, could be totally about something else 

Can someone post them again I’m too lazy to go through the whole forum 

IM STRONGER THANgiphy.gifALL MY MEN...

1 hour ago, Xenoblade 3 said:

She and her team (whoever is responsible) needs to stop teasing things so early. 1 week is good. 2 week is stretching it. This months out teasing is not it.
This type of teasing is absolutely horrible. Have a set plan for once.

It’s an inspirational uplifting self-love song about being proud of who you are and where you’re from. Very fitting into the things that she’s been saying about wanting to reach more people with classic songs. That is a very broad and universal message. 

This could very well be her signature self-love anthem ala “Flowers”, “Born This Way”, “Roar”, etc. It could be a gay anthem or a black community anthem. The feature fits too. It speaks to many demographics.

Her team sucks though - we've known this for a while.

They haven't pulled out a decent album rollout since, what, NFR?

1 hour ago, ldrzodiac said:

Honestly I’m so fucking excited for when this releases, just wish it could be a min or 2 longer 😢

Really? I think 3 minute is perfect. Lana has over a 100 of 5-minute songs, while she only has like 3 that are at a good bop run-time, the two being Doin' Time and White Mustang.

Most pop songs that get radio play or end up on Billboard nowadays are 3 minutes or lower. 

To release this collab is a very strategic move on her part, that much is obvious.

I feel like she's tired of not charting at all with her last three albums (her last album track that charted was Doin' Time in 2019), and she's back with a vengance.

1 hour ago, barttttender said:

NFR???? Decent rollout???? Not with MAC and VB being released 11 months before the album

she hasn’t had a perfect rollout since honeymoon

Lust for life I don’t really blame her since Love leaked early and messed everything up, and we were constantly fed that era, but we didn’t get a release date “July 21st fam” until like May, and that was after everyone thought it was coming in May because of that magazine or whatever spilling a random (probably original) date 

tbh I’m trying to be optimistic, but not a single insider (even the twitter iNsIdErS) has a single thing to say about Tough or Lasso so I’m getting a bit nervous that we’re even further away still than we think :bebe:

"Don’t forget me"

1 hour ago, NikoGo said:

NFR???? Decent rollout???? Not with MAC and VB being released 11 months before the album

she hasn’t had a perfect rollout since honeymoon

Lust for life I don’t really blame her since Love leaked early and messed everything up, and we were constantly fed that era, but we didn’t get a release date “July 21st fam” until like May, and that was after everyone thought it was coming in May because of that magazine or whatever spilling a random (probably original) date 

tbh I’m trying to be optimistic, but not a single insider (even the twitter iNsIdErS) has a single thing to say about Tough or Lasso so I’m getting a bit nervous that we’re even further away still than we think :bebe:

As I've said multiple times on this forum, it's pretty darn obvious that the album is not coming out this year.

We're mid year already and there are no official confirmations, no singles, no proper teasers, no insider scoop. All we have is a throwaway line at an Awards Ceremony, which Lana herself has backtracked on. 

The only thing we can hope for is the Quavo song since we already know it's registered and an MV is underway. But even that she can decide to drop next year if it happens to be part of Lasso.

so today is THE fav day of LDR single rollouts:

-> wake up excited hoping it’s a midnight release and New Zealand gets it first

-> stay delusional for the entire day anticipating and hoping it’s still a midnight US timezone release

( -> cry and fume on Friday about Tough not being released, lose the hype yet beg insiders for a crumb of info and call Lana a flop) 

y’all READY? :trisha4: :pussypower:

32 minutes ago, heroindealer said:

so today is THE fav day of LDR single rollouts:

-> wake up excited hoping it’s a midnight release and New Zealand gets it first

-> stay delusional for the entire day anticipating and hoping it’s still a midnight US timezone release

( -> cry and fume on Friday about Tough not being released, lose the hype yet beg insiders for a crumb of info and call Lana a flop) 

y’all READY? :trisha4: :pussypower:

Lowkey would rather wait a week than it be a surprise drop:trisha4:

Also I realized that we are for sure getting it before the 28th because that is the day Camila is releasing and I doubt she will want to infringe on that release

4 hours ago, Lanaparadiserey said:

Lowkey would rather wait a week than it be a surprise drop:trisha4:

Also I realized that we are for sure getting it before the 28th because that is the day Camila is releasing and I doubt she will want to infringe on that release

I personally think the 21st and she’ll announce it at Fenway Park

this song should be 3:30-4 minutes, fuck the tiktok length

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

I can’t say that I often agree with @Xenoblade 3, but I do agree with them on Tough being teased way too soon… :tsk: Henry is a bit different: like Cinnamon, Tulsa or Candy Necklace, those weren’t the lead singles of their album, unlike Tough.

1 hour ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

I can’t say that I often agree with @Xenoblade 3, but I do agree with them on Tough being teased way too soon… :tsk: Henry is a bit different: like Cinnamon, Tulsa or Candy Necklace, those weren’t the lead singles of their album, unlike Tough.

Tough is the Doin Time of the album me thinks

17 hours ago, barttttender said:

NFR had the worst rollout ever. COTCC's rollout was million times better imo. Lead in October and album out less than 6 months.

But talking about Tough, idk why but I have always thought that it was for Quavo's album :hillary: but recently Lana followed a music video director on Instagram, who has directed a video for Migos before, so he's probably directing a video for Tough

url%5D