Strangelove

LDR Songs That Would Benefit From A Complete Rework

Just now, MaxxDelRey said:

some of yall just dont understand or get certain songs, they are great songs yall just have something wrong in the brain that denies yall the ability to understand them :sadcore:

Lol, it's tough :oprah3: 

2 hours ago, Ice Cream Ice Queen said:

Most of Born To Die tbh. A lot of the production is too heavy in my opinion, and I would gravitate to the album a lot more if it was dialed back a bit. I’m not saying take the “pop” out of it, but just tone it down some. I especially hate the guy yelling “HEY” randomly throughout the album - it’s so unnecessary.

i personally love that sample! it's genuinely iconic

f7z0pce.jpeg

Wildfire Wildflower

One of my least favorite Lana songs, despite the good lyrics. I just hate that everything sounds so cheap and digital. When I see people begging for more Mike Dean or whatever his name was on future music I cringe.

Kintsugi

I absolutely love this song, but I wish a cleaner and more grand version existed, like Ocean Blvd title track, since the lyrics are so monumental.

Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood

I can't imagine Lana agreeing with this production.

Dark Paradise

I always thought this song was horribly produced, like Emile ran out of ideas after doing the best songs on the album and he just repeated the same resources he used in those songs. The bridge especially is a mess with the unnecessary synth.

Million Dollar Man

Incredible song, horrible studio version imo. Why is everything so flat and synthetic, it takes the soul out of the jazzy vibe she's trying to convey. 

Body Electric

Similar reasons to Million Dollar Man.

On 7/13/2024 at 7:23 PM, Strangelove said:

You see the vision though! 

Why am i just seeing this now, sorry if i was rude. But i think a Kill Kill sound would fit it better.

also while we are at it… honeymoon (song) could use some more drum in the last chorus. But leave it alone otherwise 

edit: also give terrence loves you some more drum in the last chorus

Songs with production I think is lackluster:

BTD:

Summertime Sadness - I just find this entire song extremely annoying honestly & not even in a "im different" way... its just not fun to listen to

This Is What Makes Us Girls - Somehow still sounds like a demo, could have easily been more elaborate

Lolita - Overproduced to death

Lucky Ones - The demo is simply better

Paradise:

Body Electric - I LOVEEEE this song regardless, but if it had more rock elements the way the live did it would be one of LDRs most loved songs

Blue Velvet - I feel like this song was just not needed on the ep but I digress...

Bel Air - Like Summertime Sadness, I find the production on this song annoying. 

Ultraviolence:

I have issues with tiny aspects of some of the songs but nothing that would need a rework

Honeymoon:

Honeymoon - boringggggg if it had something to spice up the second half of the song I wouldn't skip it halfway every time

Freak - The demo is the version that should have been released, the trap beats on this are horrendous

Burnt Norton - Just delete it

Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood - Needed a complete rework, whole song is jank.

Lust For Life:

Love - Boring, she sounds the exact same the entire song and the production is bland, too minimal for LFL

Lust For Life - 2018 me would have wanted a full rework but this song has aged like fine wine honestly...

White Mustang - Should have been bigger, like Love she sounds bored the entire time.

Change - It gets boring, it needed something to spice up the second half

NFR:

Happiness is a butterfly: I love every song off the album but the production on HIAB always seemed very weak and repetitive to me

Chemtrails:

Tulsa Jesus Freak: Horrible production, someone else should have produced this honestly...

LMLYLAW: The song was a chop from the start but Pink Champagne was it's departure to the skip grave

Wild At Heart: ANNOYING SONG, let's give the production to someone else.

Dark But Just A Game: Had potential but it sounds like they made 1 demo then released it

Breaking Up Slowly: Annoying production. Nikki Lane did nothing for this song.

For Free: A Nightmare. Why was this released?

Blue Banisters:

Text Book: Throw the whole thing away.

Blue Banisters: Could have been good if it didn't get so boring and repetitive.

Arcadia: Annoying, bad production.

Black Bathing Suit: Her worst produced of all time, the constant changing from voice memo to studio vocals is stupid as hell. Not to mention the song is just shit.

Beautiful: I like the simple production on it, but it needed those strings.

Violets For Roses: This sounds like a first draft demo.

Thunder: Why didn't she just re-record it..? You can hear the demo in the background + the demo is better.

Wildflower: The definition of a bland song, does not need to exist.

Nectar of the Gods: This is a concept demo with a horrible master over it... lazy ass

Living Legend: This is a concept demo with a horrible master over it... lazy ass

Cherry Blossom: This is a concept demo with a horrible master over it... lazy ass

Sweet Caroline: The production is just bad. This album would have been listenable with literally any other producer. 

DYKTTATUOB:

Sweet: Too simplistic for my taste, doesn't sound like they had a fully fleshed out melody when they made it and did not gaf

Fingertips: Lets cut the song down by 2 minutes then maybe I won't skip it every time

Peppers: I like the production, but Lana's vocals wtffff muffled as hell

Taco Truck: Terrible production and vocals on this sorry 

Misc:

I Can Fly - Love this song but the production in the chorus is not good at all.

Can you guess which my least fav album is?

Steam Community :: :: The Lindsay Lohan

Posted (edited)
54 minutes ago, Lindsay Lohan said:

Songs with production I think is lackluster:

BTD:

Summertime Sadness - I just find this entire song extremely annoying honestly & not even in a "im different" way... its just not fun to listen to

This Is What Makes Us Girls - Somehow still sounds like a demo, could have easily been more elaborate

Lolita - Overproduced to death

Lucky Ones - The demo is simply better

Paradise:

Body Electric - I LOVEEEE this song regardless, but if it had more rock elements the way the live did it would be one of LDRs most loved songs

Blue Velvet - I feel like this song was just not needed on the ep but I digress...

Bel Air - Like Summertime Sadness, I find the production on this song annoying. 

Ultraviolence:

I have issues with tiny aspects of some of the songs but nothing that would need a rework

Honeymoon:

Honeymoon - boringggggg if it had something to spice up the second half of the song I wouldn't skip it halfway every time

Freak - The demo is the version that should have been released, the trap beats on this are horrendous

Burnt Norton - Just delete it

Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood - Needed a complete rework, whole song is jank.

Lust For Life:

Love - Boring, she sounds the exact same the entire song and the production is bland, too minimal for LFL

Lust For Life - 2018 me would have wanted a full rework but this song has aged like fine wine honestly...

White Mustang - Should have been bigger, like Love she sounds bored the entire time.

Change - It gets boring, it needed something to spice up the second half

NFR:

Happiness is a butterfly: I love every song off the album but the production on HIAB always seemed very weak and repetitive to me

Chemtrails:

Tulsa Jesus Freak: Horrible production, someone else should have produced this honestly...

LMLYLAW: The song was a chop from the start but Pink Champagne was it's departure to the skip grave

Wild At Heart: ANNOYING SONG, let's give the production to someone else.

Dark But Just A Game: Had potential but it sounds like they made 1 demo then released it

Breaking Up Slowly: Annoying production. Nikki Lane did nothing for this song.

For Free: A Nightmare. Why was this released?

Blue Banisters:

Text Book: Throw the whole thing away.

Blue Banisters: Could have been good if it didn't get so boring and repetitive.

Arcadia: Annoying, bad production.

Black Bathing Suit: Her worst produced of all time, the constant changing from voice memo to studio vocals is stupid as hell. Not to mention the song is just shit.

Beautiful: I like the simple production on it, but it needed those strings.

Violets For Roses: This sounds like a first draft demo.

Thunder: Why didn't she just re-record it..? You can hear the demo in the background + the demo is better.

Wildflower: The definition of a bland song, does not need to exist.

Nectar of the Gods: This is a concept demo with a horrible master over it... lazy ass

Living Legend: This is a concept demo with a horrible master over it... lazy ass

Cherry Blossom: This is a concept demo with a horrible master over it... lazy ass

Sweet Caroline: The production is just bad. This album would have been listenable with literally any other producer. 

DYKTTATUOB:

Sweet: Too simplistic for my taste, doesn't sound like they had a fully fleshed out melody when they made it and did not gaf

Fingertips: Lets cut the song down by 2 minutes then maybe I won't skip it every time

Peppers: I like the production, but Lana's vocals wtffff muffled as hell

Taco Truck: Terrible production and vocals on this sorry 

Misc:

I Can Fly - Love this song but the production in the chorus is not good at all.

Can you guess which my least fav album is?

Spill nothing i really disagree with. If anything i’d add Terrence Loves You onto the list. Give it some subtle bass and more subtle drums in the last chorus. 

edit: another track that needs a rework, Yayo. keep the paradise versions vocals but remove some of the reverb and umph up the drum a bit and add some more string. 

Edited by DemonMic2003

A bit unpopular but Lake Placid :agree: I honestly think that the production is boring and that the whole piano ballad thing doesn't really fit the song. I think that the production needs more spice to make it sound more melancholic and interesting because the whole piano ballad crap makes it sound.... corny :pft: It's probably why I like the I Don't Wanna Go version better :um:

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧。・:*:・゚★。・:*:・゚☆*:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Body Electric would have benefitted a lot if the instrumental and her vocals on the studio version would have sounded more like either of the live versions. Both the "rock-ish" version she did during the Paradise tour and the stripped back version she played before Paradise dropped had more fire than the studio version. The studio take is a bit too clean and lacks the "oomph" of the live iterations.

LMLYLAW is generally a nice track. The melody is nice and the lyrics are nicely written (although suffering from the "bold chorus/title and sonehow unrelated verses" syndrom a lot of COCC songs have), but the entire production is soooo anticlimatic and dull. The song may not be meant for a big, upbeat production, but having some more nuances and interesting elements would certainly have benefitted it. Thinking of a UV/ HM era ballad-production.

Arcadia is a good track, but I really LOVE that slightly improvised version she soundchecked. Would probably not have fit on BB like this though.

Kintsugi feels like a major missed opportunity. Giving it a "Honeymoon-treatment" with a less muffeled production, a more interesting instrumental (could be rich-yet-subtle aka GKIT or MTWBT), vocals that don't sound like she's mumbling them and, finally, a stronger melody/flow

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

The Whole Ocean Blvd (except for grandfather, peppers, taco truck). The songs are amazing but the production sounds so poor. Also tulsa Jesus freak, has an amazing potential but its production also sounds poor in my opinion.

On 7/13/2024 at 8:23 PM, Strangelove said:

2. West Coast. Keep the drums and guitars throughout the entire song and ditch the melodramatic chorus. The song should sound similar to a generic 1980’s rock album song from the beginning, but, it doesn’t. Ditch the flushed out vocals and reverb. 

Leaving this thread

It may be a slightly unpopular opinion, but West Coast is my least favorite song on UV. The drums and guitar sound too heavy for me and should be reworked.

The only other song I don't really like on that album is Sad Girl. It's beautiful in itself (especially the bridge), but somehow it develops too slowly and sounds a bit weak, or something else has to be changed, idk.

All the other songs are almost perfect.

11 hours ago, Daytona Beach Sparkler said:

A bit unpopular but Lake Placid :agree: I honestly think that the production is boring and that the whole piano ballad thing doesn't really fit the song. I think that the production needs more spice to make it sound more melancholic and interesting because the whole piano ballad crap makes it sound.... corny :pft: It's probably why I like the I Don't Wanna Go version better :um:

i just wish she took on a different vocal delivery on lake placid, and if the lyrics were more refined

hollywood sun, small-town things, probably he's changed, that's why he drinks is honestly sorta bad :bebe: 

f7z0pce.jpeg

On 7/13/2024 at 4:38 PM, Dark City said:

Valley of The Dolls, love it so much it needs to be finished with a few more lyrics and piano. 

There's a VOTD mix by PG that i love, i always pretend that's the original

On 7/13/2024 at 1:23 PM, Strangelove said:

2. West Coast. Keep the drums and guitars throughout the entire song and ditch the melodramatic chorus. The song should sound similar to a generic 1980’s rock album song from the beginning, but, it doesn’t. Ditch the flushed out vocals and reverb.

3E0E549400000578-4291326-image-a-34_1488

Pearl-praying.webp?fit=300,200&ssl=1

gZ0f.gif

Like I said, I don't want any of her songs to be reworked BUT I'd like to see an orchestral version, like Dan Heath's version (like he did for Young & Beautiful and West Coast) of Ocean Blvd title track. Although I love the song as it is, especially lyrically. I think it's epic but I also think that the song would've had great opportunity for an orchestral alt version with more oomph to sound more huge and powerful, like a cinematic score.

I remember like last year I think, I heard an edit or mashup of this song with a symphonic track on Instagram (I don't remember which video though) and I thought I had a fever dream because this song sounded so different, like even more powerful, like Dan Heath level and I had to listen to the original because I thought that I had become crazy thinking the song was like that mashup lol. But it sounded so beautiful! Nonetheless, original is amazing as it is! :flutter: 

2.gif