ultrabanisters

Donald Trump Injured After Assassination Attempt at Rally

1 hour ago, ultrabanisters said:

having guns anywhere other than a GUN store is crazy work anyway 😭 like wdym you can buy a gun in the aisle next to the polly pockets in walmart.... 

Wait what

you can buy guns at walmart in America?

:stunned:

reports are now saying that the shooter was bullied in school, and i just want to put it out there that even if somebody struggled with their mental health, or were bullied, or whatever it may be, there is still no excuse for going out and killing people, i already feel like people are going to pin it all on the bullying or whatever mental health issues he might've had going on, instead of the reality that he felt the need to inflict harm on other people, it isn't about mental health, it isn't about bullying, it's about somebody wanting to be violent, and also how easy it is to acquire a gun in this country

obviously, it's very sad and unfortunate if he did experience bullying and struggled growing up, but that doesn't excuse what he did, some people go through the absolute worst things imaginable and still manage to be decent people who don't harm others

f7z0pce.jpeg

The US is never going to be able to get rid of guns

It's embedded in the culture in a way that it just ISN'T in other countries

The fact that American shows and movies, books, games etc are the overriding Western culture plays a huge part

So this "but [insert European country/Australia/wherever] doesn't have a gun problem" is, imo, the wrong approach because fundamental ways of thinking need to change

Guns were never embedded in the culture of Australia the way they are in the US so it was much easier for us to get rid of them

We also have far fewer people

But this idea that everyone has a gun so no one messes with anyone else is obviously not how it works 

Yes if there are fewer guns then the guns there ARE tend to belong to criminals AND people use other things to commit mass killings (knives and crossbows n shit) but guns can kill more people in a short amount of time than other weapons

So idk what the solution is 

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

11 minutes ago, Dark Angel said:

reports are now saying that the shooter was bullied in school, and i just want to put it out that even if somebody struggled with their mental health, or were bullied, or whatever it may be, there is still no excuse for going out and killing people, i already feel like people are going to pin it all on the bullying or whatever mental health issues he might've had going on, instead of the reality that he felt the need to inflict harm on other people, it isn't about mental health, it isn't about bullying, it's about somebody wanting to be violent, and also how easy it is to acquire a gun in this country

obviously, it's very sad and unfortunate if he did experience bullying and struggled growing up, but that doesn't excuse what he did, some people go through the absolute worst things imaginable and still manage to be decent people who don't harm others

Yeah I mean I think anyone who does such a thing obviously has mental health struggles but it's not an excuse

Everyone knows that hurting others is not an okay thing to do 

With that said, it seems to be predominantly young men who do this shit and I think we, as a society, need to have an honest conversation about why that is

Every time someone tries to bring that up it turns into gender wars and that isn't the point or intention, and so then the problem cannot be addressed because fragile men feel attacked 

The POINT is why are young men getting to this point where they feel the need to hurt people and how can we help them before they get to that point

Anyways I'm just ranting but yeah 

13 minutes ago, Dark Angel said:

reports are now saying that the shooter was bullied in school, and i just want to put it out that even if somebody struggled with their mental health, or were bullied, or whatever it may be, there is still no excuse for going out and killing people, i already feel like people are going to pin it all on the bullying or whatever mental health issues he might've had going on, instead of the reality that he felt the need to inflict harm on other people, it isn't about mental health, it isn't about bullying, it's about somebody wanting to be violent, and also how easy it is to acquire a gun in this country

here are some more descriptions of him:

https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/c3gw58wv4e9o

Speaking to local news outlet KDKA, some young locals who went to school with him described him as a loner, who was frequently bullied and sometimes wore "hunting outfits to school".

"Anything on government and history he seemed to know about," he said. "But it was nothing out of the ordinary....he was always nice."

Others simply remembered him as quiet.

Mr Myers remembers Crooks as seemingly a "normal boy" who was "not particularly popular but never got picked on or anything."

“He was a nice kid who never talked poorly of anyone and I never have thought him capable of anything I’ve seen him do in the last few days.”

6 hours ago, X8vinylScratchX said:

To be serious: I HIGHLY doubt this is staged for multiple reasons

1: Trump is very paranoid about assassinations; he would never let a stunt like this happen

2: That bullet was way too close for comfort. Anyone with shooting experience knows that a shot at that range just grazing someone's ear is possible

3: Trumps reaction was natural. He was in fight or flight mode when he first ducked down and then looked back up, his reaction then turning to him pumping his fist and chanting was to address his crowd.

4: Saying the photo looks staged is stupid since everyone has phones on them and anyone can take a picture at any time. If something like this happens of course people are going to take their phones out and record. A picture from that angle is not unusual at all

5: Anyone with a gun is capable of doing this. There doesn't need to be a conspiracy for someone to try to shoot at Donald Trump.

Since I feel called out, lemme explain. I'm European. We don't really have guns in our supermarkets let alone our homes. It's absolutely unfathomable and terrifying to me that Americans carry weapons around and can just buy them off the shelf and shoot someone at will, which they so often do, at schools, rallies, restaurants. Which country in the world allows this? Guns as part of their culture and national identity? It's like McDonalds, Statue of Liberty, guns. It will never sink in for me.

Does the US WANT to be the most unsafe country in the world? Have Charleston Heston, the gun industry and that god-damn constitution messed it up for good? Gun control will just never happen?

So, as someone who just can't understand this... yet another shooting, another presidential(-ish) assassination attempt, by a civilian, in America, and so perfectly timed for the election, it seemed too unreal and reeked of a publicity stunt. Especially with the timing (he's a hero know, inn he).

But after reading more about it, realized that it truly was just that unfathomable, bizarre American reality in action. A kid who was shy and bullied in school gets his hands on a gun, goes out and shoots who ever he wants. So, sadly, I stand corrected. Just another day in the US. It's fucked up. Not that my country is perfect, far, far from it. The world is a mess.

26 minutes ago, Dark Angel said:

Totally agree.

A lot of us were bullied in school, but we just chose to over share on LanaBoards dot com, instead of plotting assassinations. 

it’s not even an explanation, imo, much less an excuse. 

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

11 minutes ago, Rorman Nockwell said:

Yeah I mean I think anyone who does such a thing obviously has mental health struggles but it's not an excuse

Everyone knows that hurting others is not an okay thing to do 

With that said, it seems to be predominantly young men who do this shit and I think we, as a society, need to have an honest conversation about why that is

Every time someone tries to bring that up it turns into gender wars and that isn't the point or intention, and so then the problem cannot be addressed because fragile men feel attacked 

The POINT is why are young men getting to this point where they feel the need to hurt people and how can we help them before they get to that point

Anyways I'm just ranting but yeah 

Probably just genetics, humans are just another animal. Apes and Monkeys are likely the same way just they don't have weapons and even other animals mostly males are more aggressive and genetically the odd males will be even more crazy and violent than the rest. Sheep, Cows, Reptiles and everything in between males will fight to the death.

It's something nothing can ever be done about as those types of people will always exist, in America though if less people had guns then the violence would be far less and much less stuff like this would happen.

17 minutes ago, Barry said:

Probably just genetics, humans are just another animal. Apes and Monkeys are likely the same way just they don't have weapons and even other animals mostly males are more aggressive and genetically the odd males will be even more crazy and violent than the rest. Sheep, Cows, Reptiles and everything in between males will fight to the death.

It's something nothing can ever be done about as those types of people will always exist, in America though if less people had guns then the violence would be far less and much less stuff like this would happen.

I see what you're saying but I also think that as (arguably) the most intelligent and evolved species on the planet, it's more learned than instinctive behaviour with us

Gender constructs play a huge role and it's a whole other discussion 

People being expected to be this and that by society because of their biological sex

It's all harmful and unnecessary af 

But the demographic in our little community here knows this all too well 

45 minutes ago, barttttender said:

Since I feel called out, lemme explain. I'm European. We don't really have guns in our supermarkets let alone our homes. It's absolutely unfathomable and terrifying to me that Americans carry weapons around and can just buy them off the shelf and shoot someone at will, which they so often do, at schools, rallies, restaurants. Which country in the world allows this? Guns as part of their culture and national identity? It's like McDonalds, Statue of Liberty, guns. It will never sink in for me.

Does the US WANT to be the most unsafe country in the world? Have Charleston Heston, the gun industry and that god-damn constitution messed it up for good? Gun control will just never happen?

So, as someone who just can't understand this... yet another shooting, another presidential(-ish) assassination attempt, by a civilian, in America, and so perfectly timed for the election, it seemed too unreal and reeked of a publicity stunt. Especially with the timing (he's a hero know, inn he).

But after reading more about it, realized that it truly was just that unfathomable, bizarre American reality in action. A kid who was shy and bullied in school gets his hands on a gun, goes out and shoots who ever he wants. So, sadly, I stand corrected. Just another day in the US. It's fucked up. Not that my country is perfect, far, far from it. The world is a mess.

I wasn’t calling you out originally, but yes guns are a very complicated cultural problem in America that has no clear solution. Guns are a cultural thing like McDonalds. There’s more guns than people here. Guns are seen as an extension of your penis and a symbol of toughness. Now its true that 99% of gun owners are responsible, but all it takes is some not to be in a society where they’re so prevalent for there to be issues like this.

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b95237ep20gi51lvjl437x

1 hour ago, barttttender said:

Tbh I wish I didn’t get it either. You’re talking about how absurd this situation is from a rational perspective, but the way people think here isn’t rational at all. I’d say a majority of gun bearers want them because it’s their CoNsTiTuTiOnAl RiGhT which I think is completely bananas despite being a citizen of the US for awhile now. I’ve had so much time to get used to this concept and yet I don’t think I ever will :oprah3:

7 minutes ago, grandpas glass said:

6M views :toofloppy:

I don't mean to come off preachy but I genuinely think this Tweet is in poor taste and Lana herself would be offended/bothered by it :hillary:

edit: to be clear, no issue with you personally @grandpas glass, just with the Tweet itself

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

5 hours ago, Mer said:

Maybe I am just a cynic, but I absolutely have a feeling that Trump will be painted in a more positive light historically than is accurate to how we feel about him today. In 40-50 years, he will be an "American Populist" President who won two non-consecutive terms, renegotiated NAFTA and a bunch of trade deals to the US's benefit, and had a very pretty and elegant foreign wife - and everything else will be seen as overreaction and political nonsense. So in a sense, I agree with @Strangelove, I just don't think it's accurate or true. 

A similar thing is happening with Reagan, where he is being portrayed as much more competent and with it than he was during his Presidency. His actual approval ratings where quite low throughout his first term, comparative to what was standard back then - and his image only started to greatly improve after he left office. 

Thank you for being intelligent enough to contextualize my comment. :kiss3:

Watching people glorify this and make jokes about it honestly makes me hate human beings even more than usual. A stupid kid killing an innocent civilian and grievously injuring 2 others, then losing his own life? There’s nothing funny or quirky about it. Whether you agree with one side of politics or the other (newsflash btw- they don’t care about you!) we are ALL human beings who were little children at one point with innocence and hopes and dreams. Watching that end isn’t fun to me. Trump sucks as a human but I still wouldn’t root for him to be KILLED. this is insane. Social media brainrot is so real