LDRO

Lana Del Rey confirms Great Gatsby

the Bel Air music video she posted a while ago has also been set on private. Either she's making a different video for it or maybe she's using it for Great Gatsby?? Usually when she privatizes vids they have either gotten a huge amount of negative feedback (ie. the  remixes she posted  last yr) or she ends up using the songs for a different project. 

Remember when she suddenly put the Yayo vid on private and before you know it, it was on Paradise

nevermind i was thinking of a dif vid oops!
:erm:

It's never 2 late 2 be the things that u might've been* i'll sing till u fall asleep- u try and remember when*the future looked lush and sweet

Sources? I know about Jay-Z... but Prince and Gaga?! Where did you see this?

They both said they were working on songs because a rep mentioned the producers couldn't turn down submissions from artists like them

BzhmW.png

"In November 2012, Del Rey explains: “I’ve been helping composers write scores for movies. So, like, there’s a movie coming out in the summer that’s set in the 1920s and it’s been fun for me to write love songs for the woman who is the star.”

So yes, she definitely wrote music for The Great Gatsby, and we are definitely ready for it."

So she may not be singing the songs on the OST, but the star of the film will?

THIS IS HUGE!!!!   :D

She's a primary part of a big budget film starring the biggest movie star in the world, DiCaprio, with the film's music being produced in part by Jay Z, one of the biggest music icons in the world.

.....if something were to finally push her into the realm of superstardom in the US this would be it.

delrey_zps3df8c502.jpg

I should hope The Great Gatsby isn't a musical, so I don't know why she'd be writing music for anyone but herself.

"Will You Still Love Me" would be so perfect :icant:

I should hope The Great Gatsby isn't a musical, so I don't know why she'd be writing music for anyone but herself.

It's not a musical. Baz likes to create big soundtracks with his movies too, we saw that with Moulin Rouge and Romeo and Juliette. Looks like he's wanting a lead song to promote this also.

THIS IS HUGE!!!!   :D

She's a primary part of a big budget film starring the biggest movie star in the world, DiCaprio, with the film's music being produced in part by Jay Z, one of the biggest music icons in the world.

.....if something were to finally push her into the realm of superstardom in the US this would be it.

That is what I'm hoping for...come on Lana, you can still make it there! :agree2: