Sign in to follow this  
Elle

Liam Payne, former member of One Direction, dies at 31

This is so sad when someone so young dies,  especially in those circumstances.

TMZ didn’t have to share pictures of his body but they’re the only « media » who shared more details

surrounding the death. All other media are simply stating that he fell from the balcony, which is suspicious to say the least. 

such a tragedy. 

completely unsubstantiated online chatter about what happened so obviously take this with a grain of salt but supposedly

Spoiler

he was very drunk and/or on drugs, had kept trying to go to the hotel pool, but was being blocked by the hotel staff due to his inebriated/belligerent state. the police had been called at some point, and it seems he may have jumped from the balcony to try to get to the pool since the staff was trying to keep him in his room (the hotel balconies do in fact overlook the pool area)

it's so weird that someone as high profile as him isn't surrounded by a team or security guards, they could've easily avoided this situation. weirdly enough this is the second time i see a musician dying by falling at a hotel, it's clear to me that this industry needs to upgrade their security measures 

Argentine media has confirmed the photos circulating online of his hotel room are real: https://www.lanacion.com.ar/seguridad/muerte-de-liam-payne-asi-encontraron-la-habitacion-del-hotel-desde-donde-cayo-el-excantante-de-one-nid16102024/

(google translate): "Through official sources acting in the case, LA NACION managed to verify the veracity of a series of images that went viral on social networks about the alleged state of Liam's room"

Also confirms the hotel called police prior to his death regarding his behavior

Only yesterday I was thinking that soon this month it will be one year since Matthew Perry's death and I realised that the Friends cast will never reunite as the same full cast again and when I read the news that Liam has died, I was shocked and later I realised that One Direction will never reunite as the same band again :crying4: All the members will meet again for his funeral :( I have never been a huge fan of the band but their songs were a huge part of my childhood and without them it wouldn't be the same. I was listening to random 2010s hits yesterday and one of these were the band's last single Drag Me Down...:(

2.gif

I wish people would understand that's okay to have complicated and mixed feelings about it. You're allowed to respect his victims while still mourning the tragic loss of someone whose early stardom propelled him into a dark space filled with addiction and abuse. You're allowed to grieve the teen boy you adored when you were young. You're allowed to grieve the lost potential, the hope of a reunion, and the wish of someone being able to turn their lives around again. You're also allowed to feel angry at his actions.

I have no stake in this because I was never a fan of him or 1D. But, I feel like a lot of energy is being expended at cancelling someone who is already dead. Like, what's the goal? I also understand and find it weird how fans are deifying him to such a point that his former partners and bandmates are now being harassed online. 

At the end of the day, the most heartbreaking aspect is that there is a little boy who will grow up without his father. If not for anyone else, at least have some empathy for that little boy. 

still in shock even though I was never a Stan of 1D. I know it probably sounds weird he died falling from the 3rd floor, but it's really not too far fetched. I know someone from when I was in college that died falling down about a flight of stairs while they were intoxicated. it's more about the way you fall that matters, and I'm sure the fact he probably wasn't sober doesn't help. I feel like people should wait until there's an investigation before making a bunch of accusations. incredibly sad situation. a lot of people are sending a bunch of hate to his ex who's been calling him out on social media the past few weeks and it's really unfair to her. rip, sending love to his family, friends, and ex.

492482-1.png

♡︎

Ashamed to admit celebrities passing never really deeply shock me but I have to admit this one is just... Like I was never into 1D but didn't they just celebrate 15yo of their first apparition as a band on XFactor or something like that?

4tdWYMA.png