Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

gonna dive deep into my honeymoon is the sequel to aka opinion -

- homemade videos made a comeback

- lights camera acción

- reminiscing about americana

- old hollywood film stars

- sounds like a 70's record

- return to a more personal songwriting style in comparison to the more conceptual btd & ultraviolence

it's like honeymoon is like the grown up version of aka almost

btw aka and honeymoon are my two favorite lana albums :nails:

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

5 minutes ago, the ocean said:

i'm gonna get slaughtered for saying this

honeymoon is the conceptual successor to aka

:smokes:

I actually understand that. In my head though, for whatever reason, there's a trilogy of Sirens, Honeymoon and Chemtrails. They all feel quite similar in terms of thematic and lyrical storytelling, even if they aren't sonically similar. But I think that Honeymoon calls back to AKA quite a bit, even outside of the "lights, camera, accion" lyric. It's really interesting how Honeymoon ties in with the rest of her discography. 

imageproxy.jpg

1 hour ago, Lustformoney said:

i cant stand that breathy high pitched yelling voice shes been using in every single song:bye: and the way she thinks shes killing it

it's a stylistic choice for sure which i think sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't, i respect the HELL out of it though, glad that she's switching things up vocally, keeps her among the greats imo.

butterflies-gif-2.giflana-dancing-smaller.gif

2 hours ago, the ocean said:

gonna dive deep into my honeymoon is the sequel to aka opinion -

- homemade videos made a comeback

- lights camera acción

- reminiscing about americana

- old hollywood film stars

- sounds like a 70's record

- return to a more personal songwriting style in comparison to the more conceptual btd & ultraviolence

it's like honeymoon is like the grown up version of aka almost

btw aka and honeymoon are my two favorite lana albums :nails:

- as far as i remember the only homemade Honeymoon video is for the title track itself that never got released 

- Lana's entire existence is Americana, it's not exclusive to a couple of albums 

- the romanticizing of old Hollywood is the most iconic to BTD, I think she continued this up until HM

- I'm into 70s music and I don't see a huge resemblance. It has a timeless sound. 

- I'm not going to act like I'm an expert in analyzing but I don't see Honeymoon being more personal in terms of songwriting. It's still my fave album besides UV. 

In my opinion it's a more grown up version of BTD. It has the exact same tropes, even the color pallette of the artwork is the same, but it's less angsty and wild. 

I'm fucking crazy, but I'm free 

93b488e8eb088d879c7e1857356c23ac.gif

2 hours ago, Lustformoney said:

i cant stand that breathy high pitched yelling voice shes been using in every single song:bye: and the way she thinks shes killing it

i can see that but in every single song? she used it in white dress and watercolor eyes, other than that it's just her normal high register. also when people say they miss her lower register i'm like have you heard wfwf? violets for roses?

5 hours ago, Lustformoney said:

take it back :scream:

You call me lavender, you call me sunshine.

I can understand why Sweet Carolina is the closer for BB. But I don't like it as the album closer,,,

If I get a little prettier can I be your baby?

Beskrivning saknas.

I believe in Flipside/Is This Happiness?/Your Girl supremacy

On 1/28/2022 at 2:14 PM, That Venice Bitch said:

How do you people function in normal society

tbf it's a breath of fresh air seeing an actual unpopular opinion on here (though I obv hate their opinion  :toofunny:) i feel like this has basically become a semi-unpopular rant thread (that I participate in too :eek:) the last actual unpopular opinion I recall was someone calling Ride shit like months ago :awk:

sgopYhV.gif

Her best boyfriend was Barrie and I think he influenced her positively in the musical field. I hope she will find a musician boyfriend with as much talent so that she can start making a good album.

She must return to live in New York.

2 minutes ago, Enchanted Mansion said:

Her best boyfriend was Barrie and I think he influenced her positively in the musical field. I hope she will find a musician boyfriend with as much talent so that she can start making a good album.

up on the east coast 

they got a saying

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

1 hour ago, Enchanted Mansion said:

... and UK. That time was her best in music.

On 2/3/2022 at 5:20 AM, ChestFuckingRockwell said:

I don't care for ride either, though I think it has more to do with her voice being so low. That instantly turns me off of her songs. I guess I just prefer the high feminine Lana.

Delete your account.

Take it doen.

Down.

Now.

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

I can't wait for this thread to eventually fully devolve into the most not unpopular opinions

Page 700: "I actually like Lana's music :bebe:"

imageproxy.jpg