Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

On 6/25/2023 at 6:05 PM, Embach said:

Honestly, I was a big fan of her Adidas outfits. The black Adidas outfit in Finland will be always one of my favorites looks of hers

Slaviana del rey :worship:

Ultraviolence has the most skips for me. I don't like Money Power Glory, The Other Woman, Black Beauty, Guns and Roses, Old Money or Flipside. My least favorite album bc of the skips. But I'm obsessed with the other tracks on it.

Lana Del Rey, Maggie Lindemann, Banks, Melanie Martinez, & Taylor Momsen are my guardian angels 

On 3/19/2018 at 9:41 PM, SparkleJumpropeNoose said:

jealous girl is a god tier unreleased song. stop forgetting about it pls

The way how they manifested it, 3 years later it became one of her biggest viral unreleased hits ever :coffee:

Despite tiktok, I have always loved Jealous Girl, at some point it was my favorite unreleased songs of hers many years ago. It's so sassy, it's like a soundtrack for a girl coming out of age school movie. What I really love about this song, are Lana's "dum-dara-dum-dara-dum-dara-ah-ah-ah" ab-libs or sounds or something in the intro and quietly in the background

url%5D

I know that some of the diehard fans tend to feel some type of way about people who think Born To Die is Lana's best album, but screw it I still think it's her best work. It offered Lana's essence distilled in pop form. It was a revolutionary album that pushed the pop landscape in the early 2010s. It was also the album that's closest to my heart since I listened to it during the most tumultuous parts of my formative years. 

I'm always gonna be a pop fan first and foremost, so Born To Die truly does something to me whenever I play that album. It's a no-skip album for me, and it's her best work imo. 

idk how unpopular this is but i never really liked cherry, or at least i never connected to it as much as the other music, even since lfl came out. it's like someone asked AI to write a lana del rey song for them... it just feels like a parody of itself. that said i do love the live version with the hallelujah outro

9 minutes ago, partymonster said:

idk how unpopular this is but i never really liked cherry, or at least i never connected to it as much as the other music, even since lfl came out. it's like someone asked AI to write a lana del rey song for them... it just feels like a parody of itself. that said i do love the live version with the hallelujah outro

Well this is definitely an opinion :ohmy:

12 minutes ago, partymonster said:

ive said it earlier but i forget cherry all the time and it kinda doesnt belong to lfl in my head.... its just so untypical for lana.... i used to love it but now i almost dont pay attention and i dont even know the reason to that

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7jpqyd46ox5igmjru9y

Cherry is one of my favorite songs but the locals (I hate that word but I have to say it) just overhyped it and started to overuse this for their aesthetic and shit because the song is so "aesthetic" and "bad bitch" and now even "so lana del rey vinyl" :toofunny: just like they did with some her other songs and unreleased songs.

Now I just associate Cherry with all this and now I'm not really smitten on Cherry as I used to.

url%5D

I prefer raw live shows without all the dancers and background singers. I miss the simplicity of her first tours.

I also don’t care about the fact that she doesn’t do proper promotion and just does what she wants. I feel like her fans somehow want her to be more like a mainstream pop star when it comes to promoting albums etc but I really don’t care about that and actually like the fact that she doesn’t do mainstream promotion.

However, I really miss the visual aspect of BTD/Paradise era. I love the beautiful aesthetic of BTD video and how beautiful (and red haired :icant:) she looks on it. I love how visually beautiful is Blue Jeans video - I’ve read it looks like a perfume advertising and do so agree and love it. I love the storytelling of National Anthem. I love the “story” told by Ride MV, its monologue (one of my favorite lyrics written by her), her visuals and the video itself visuals. I love how sexy is Burning Desire.

I think she’s released good MV afterwards like West Coast and Shades of Cool, but for me they didn’t get even close to BTD/Paradise MVs. I thought that she would get there again in COCC but when they turned into werewolves I got so pissed lol it was so ridiculous and disappointing that I never saw that MV again

She’s become more mainstream in shows and less in MVs, the opposite of what I prefer lol

On 7/14/2023 at 10:54 AM, bia said:

I prefer raw live shows without all the dancers and background singers. I miss the simplicity of her first tours.

I also don’t care about the fact that she doesn’t do proper promotion and just does what she wants. I feel like her fans somehow want her to be more like a mainstream pop star when it comes to promoting albums etc but I really don’t care about that and actually like the fact that she doesn’t do mainstream promotion.

However, I really miss the visual aspect of BTD/Paradise era. I love the beautiful aesthetic of BTD video and how beautiful (and red haired :icant:) she looks on it. I love how visually beautiful is Blue Jeans video - I’ve read it looks like a perfume advertising and do so agree and love it. I love the storytelling of National Anthem. I love the “story” told by Ride MV, its monologue (one of my favorite lyrics written by her), her visuals and the video itself visuals. I love how sexy is Burning Desire.

I think she’s released good MV afterwards like West Coast and Shades of Cool, but for me they didn’t get even close to BTD/Paradise MVs. I thought that she would get there again in COCC but when they turned into werewolves I got so pissed lol it was so ridiculous and disappointing that I never saw that MV again

She’s become more mainstream in shows and less in MVs, the opposite of what I prefer lol

Agree with everything. Im so happy she’s brought the glamour back with this tour but at the same time I personally love btd promo tour because the venues were much smaller and it was just her singing her songs. One of my favorite shows is the iTunes festival 2012 because of this.

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

24 minutes ago, ChestFuckingRockwell said:

"Peppers" is the best song she ever wrote.

Really... this is coming from the guy who doesn't like Ride...:horror:

On 2/3/2022 at 2:20 AM, ChestFuckingRockwell said:

I don't care for ride either, though I think it has more to do with her voice being so low. That instantly turns me off of her songs. I guess I just prefer the high feminine Lana.

While I love Zach Dawes and the songs he has contributed in like Dealer, Valley Of The Dolls, Black Bathing Suit and Candy Necklace (although it's mostly Jon produced track), but I think that she has worked w better producers. 

Also while I love the Ocean Blvd title track, the lyrics and melody and especially the live version, but it's still a song that doesn't have the "wow" effect for me like I had with A&W or Candy Necklace or Let The Light In or even Grandfather.

url%5D

On 7/14/2023 at 8:30 PM, Embach said:

Cherry is one of my favorite songs but the locals (I hate that word but I have to say it) just overhyped it and started to overuse this for their aesthetic and shit because the song is so "aesthetic" and "bad bitch" and now even "so lana del rey vinyl" :toofunny: just like they did with some her other songs and unreleased songs.

probably off-topic but i feel way too old to understand such "concepts" ppl make up on tiktok like???? every time i see it on insta for example i just.. :hillary:

꧁ღ⊱♥ i lost my reputation, i forgot my truth, but i have my beauty and i have my youth ♥⊱ღ꧂

BRILLIANT.gif

I don't wanna sound hateful because I appreciate Lana's songwriting in that song and I know that many many people find that line iconic while I kind of do too but...

While I find NFR a cool song but the opening line makes me cringe, I'm so sorry, I can't help that. It's not on the same level as the Pepsi opening line in Cola (although I think it's overused a lot).

My favorite Lana opening line is: "we both know that it's not fashionable to love me".

Also am I only one who thinks that Fk It I Love You and Religion have similar melodies? I really haven't listened to FIILY in a long time too, although I think it's a cool track but it doesn't have replay value for me 😕 and it's sad because I know how many people love FIILY. 

I adore Religion though, it's so underrated, I sooooo love the "hallelujah" part. It should've been a radio single.

url%5D