Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

Lust for Life should've garnered the same critical and cultural acclaim as Norman Fucking Rockwell! 

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

1 minute ago, Orville Peck said:

her best albums :runs:

I also think both were equally pivotal in her career. One album ended the first chapter of her career (brooding trip-hop, troubled Americana starlet), and the other started this new chapter (introspective, deep philosophical poet). I see BTD-LFL as one era and NFR-present as a distinctly separate one, and I love that the ending to the first era was "out of the black, into the blue" and the start of the second era was "you took my sadness outta context". I think it's just perfect. 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

8 minutes ago, Mer said:

I also think both were equally pivotal in her career. One album ended the first chapter of her career (brooding trip-hop, troubled Americana starlet), and the other started this new chapter (introspective, deep philosophical poet). I see BTD-LFL as one era and NFR-present as a distinctly separate one, and I love that the ending to the first era was "out of the black, into the blue" and the start of the second era was "you took my sadness outta context". I think it's just perfect. 

The perfect transition. :wowcry:

My unpopular opinion is controversial but I have to say it...

The so-called LFL og concept, demos and outtakes from that era are overrated, sorry, Freak demo too. People mourning that all kinda makes me laughhh, sorry :runs:

Also imo, for me, LFL album is perfect as it is :legend:

url%5D

12 minutes ago, Embach said:

My unpopular opinion is controversial but I have to say it...

The so-called LFL og concept, demos and outtakes from that era are overrated, sorry, Freak demo too. People mourning that all kinda makes me laughhh, sorry :runs:

Also imo, for me, LFL album is perfect as it is :legend:

i think we barely has anything from lfl og, but serene queen is very overrated 

lfl demo as it is isn’t finalized enough to even consider, so i don’t really count that, but it’s just mind blowing from where the song was starting and i really hope there is version with spacey sound where lana decided at one point it would be finalized

love final version is way better than demo i agree

i really wonder how different heroin is because i always imagined final version to be originally from feb 2016 but there’s a chance it’s heavily different and for that song and groupie love i can’t wait to hear demos

overall i don’t think we know even 2% of og concept and at one point i was convinced there isn’t OG lfl - it was evolving all the way through and wasn’t finished by time of heavy changing of the creative process, i mean politic climate change in late 2016, but now i kinda sure lfl was finalized before that date and i’m more than sure it’s absolutely different record from what we got but i’m totally glad for getting lfl with all that phases it got through and in the shape it was taking after november 2016

there are plenty options of how songs from there could be sorted also, i like imagine getting folk ep with yosemite and god bless america as epitome of its sound and then more upbeat songs, but it’s amazing how these songs are from different genres but from the same universe and still feel like parts of something big and together they crafted this record that lfl is, truly amazing and amazing album that i never stop being mindblown by

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7jpqyd46ox5igmjru9y

25 minutes ago, lanaismamom said:

i think we barely has anything from lfl og, but serene queen is very overrated 

lfl demo as it is isn’t finalized enough to even consider, so i don’t really count that, but it’s just mind blowing from where the song was starting and i really hope there is version with spacey sound where lana decided at one point it would be finalized

love final version is way better than demo i agree

i really wonder how different heroin is because i always imagined final version to be originally from feb 2016 but there’s a chance it’s heavily different and for that song and groupie love i can’t wait to hear demos

overall i don’t think we know even 2% of og concept and at one point i was convinced there isn’t OG lfl - it was evolving all the way through and wasn’t finished by time of heavy changing of the creative process, i mean politic climate change in late 2016, but now i kinda sure lfl was finalized before that date and i’m more than sure it’s absolutely different record from what we got but i’m totally glad for getting lfl with all that phases it got through and in the shape it was taking after november 2016

there are plenty options of how songs from there could be sorted also, i like imagine getting folk ep with yosemite and god bless america as epitome of its sound and then more upbeat songs, but it’s amazing how these songs are from different genres but from the same universe and still feel like parts of something big and together they crafted this record that lfl is, truly amazing and amazing album that i never stop being mindblown by

Facts bestie :spin:

url%5D

23 minutes ago, honeymooooon said:

im just here to say lana will never have a good closer as Off to the Races for her shows

I co-wrote this

44 minutes ago, West Coast said:

I co-wrote this

no but the iconic confetis

her going to the crowd

her vibing to the song

the alternate ending for vb

and her always ending the performances saying “hope yall having an amazing summer”

is just pure nostalgia

As much as I swoon over the brilliant perfect amazing beautiful stunning gorgeous phenomenal groundbreaking mind-blowing wonderful incredible ashtonishing Honeymoon album:legend:...it's not underrated anymore. In fact, it stopped being underrated like few years ago. It's like in many stans' top 3 favorite LDR albums outside and inside this forum, I feel like people threw "underrated" word around as a compliment lol. Even outside the fandom it's recognized, it was critically acclaimed by the critics. And now it gets a lot of streams too (at first it didn't have as much streams as BTD or UV or NFR because it didn't have many viral "hits" or promoted singles like Love or LFL), now many of the songs from HM are getting viral too.

So in conclusion - Honeymoon album is not underrated anymore. Title track kinda still is underrated though...

url%5D

39 minutes ago, Embach said:

Title track kinda still is underrated though...

everyone on planet earth could be shouting out this song and it would STILL be underrated…unbelievably perfect distillation of her whole artistic vision

aOaIzH2.gif

43 minutes ago, Embach said:

As much as I swoon over the brilliant perfect amazing beautiful stunning gorgeous phenomenal groundbreaking mind-blowing wonderful incredible ashtonishing Honeymoon album:legend:...it's not underrated anymore. In fact, it stopped being underrated like few years ago. It's like in many stans' top 3 favorite LDR albums outside and inside this forum, I feel like people threw "underrated" word around as a compliment lol. Even outside the fandom it's recognized, it was critically acclaimed by the critics. And now it gets a lot of streams too (at first it didn't have as much streams as BTD or UV or NFR because it didn't have many viral "hits" or promoted singles like Love or LFL), now many of the songs from HM are getting viral too.

So in conclusion - Honeymoon album is not underrated anymore. Title track kinda still is underrated though...

tbh chemtrails is the new underrated one. and i truly believe she'll become a fan favourite just like honeymoon. then we'll have a new underrated record and the cycle will continue forever...

24928f7b69cee0fe13500ed529054686.gif