Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

Are they really provoking me to go into a ridiculous rant of how melodramatic and annoying Dark Paradise is?

If you don't, I will.

kG6o9.gif

(I like when we actually agree :flutter: )

Dark Paradise.... where do I start with this one. I am on the same page as Matt with it, like he said, it was one of my favorites for the first week of having the album. Then the annoyance set in. "EVERYTIME I CLOSE MY EYESS..........." ughkjshgdkslhjda the way she yells the chorus, which has terrible lyrics, by the way, is horrible. Let's just take a few seconds to process how stupid the lyrics to the chorus are:

Every time I close my eyes, it's like a dark paradise
No one compares to you, I'm scared that you won't be waiting on the other side
No one compares to you, but there's no you, except in my dreams tonight

k am guna giv u a few moer secnds 2 prosess tht infermasion

r u redy 2 go on????? k

if those lyrics weren't bad and boring enough, the stupid trademark of BTD really shits all over and ruins this song. see here:
"every time i close my eyes" *SHAWWWW*
.... rlly? rlly. Even the amazing Auto-Tuned Loon, Jesus Christ's own breath, couldn't save this song. You can hear him desperately coming in before the chorus to warn you, trying to save you the horrid plight of it all. Bless his soul.

biebs1-640x640.jpg

The opening: it sounds pretty at first, but after a few listens.. it's just too overdramatic to deal with. Lana starts singing and it's okay, until the bass kicks in. There are too many bass beats. This song might have done better had it been more ballad-y, with less beats and more attention to her voice and strings or something. That's why the demos are better than the album, they do the beat much differently. I still can't listen to those much though just because the chorus is so bad. The lyrics just really don't go with the beat. I'm too lazy to look it up, but someone actually did a mashup of Gaga's Judas with this song, where it was the backing track of DP with the vocal track of Judas, and I've got to say, I love that version. Gaga's lyrics to her song fit the beat of DP so much better than Lana's lyrics. Google it and see for yourself! Also, the bridge. This needs to be addressed...

"Telling me I'm FIIIIINEEE-E-E--E-E"

My god, Lana, if your haters ever poked fun about your wobbly vocals, you sure didn't prove them wrong here. The way she hits that note (or fails to, rather) is cringe-worthy. The only thing I really like about the song is the "ah-ahahsahdjshfkjhfgsj" part. Because really, it's the only line where I'm not focused on the boring/melodramatic aspect of the lyrics. It also tries too hard. I mean, was the "Dead like you" really necessary? Sometimes it's better to not directly explain what you're singing about in the song. The fact that she states that her man is dead kind of kills the illusion she was trying to build in the verses. idk.

I also really hate the weird-celestial wind chime noises in the chorus, after she says "won't be waiting on the other side." the piano in the pre-choruses is also really painful for me to hear, as it doesn't fit the rest of the backing track at all imo. this song is just such a mess. i can't :facepalm:

There is one part of the song I really love, though! :) It's after the last chorus, when the song is over.

you asked for it :hottie:

14417469274.gif

when the song is over.

Agreed. Whenever I listen to the song now, I'm somewhat forcing myself. It collects dust on my Lana playlist, it sits there untouched mostly.

I feel the same way with Gods & Monsters, it's so melodramatic. The lyrics make me cringe also in some parts. Also the husky voice does not help my views on the song at all.

The production though works in some spots, but overall Gods & Monsters is a slightly better Dark Paradise that I'll most likely leave in the corner of my Lana playlist to collect dust.

Well of course I'm crazy after DP then, Melodrama is my middle name :creepna: I actually like it for most of the reasons Hundred Dollar Bill dislikes it! See what I mean.

(by the way I'm aware a lot of you love Dark Paradise, but it just tends to get overlooked :aw: )

tumblr_n746y8etXI1qa35sao1_500.gif

Dark Paradise.... where do I start with this one. I am on the same page as Matt with it, like he said, it was one of my favorites for the first week of having the album. Then the annoyance set in. "EVERYTIME I CLOSE MY EYESS..........." ughkjshgdkslhjda the way she yells the chorus, which has terrible lyrics, by the way, is horrible. Let's just take a few seconds to process how stupid the lyrics to the chorus are:

k am guna giv u a few moer secnds 2 prosess tht infermasion

r u redy 2 go on????? k

if those lyrics weren't bad and boring enough, the stupid trademark of BTD really shits all over and ruins this song. see here:

"every time i close my eyes" *SHAWWWW*

.... rlly? rlly. Even the amazing Auto-Tuned Loon, Jesus Christ's own breath, couldn't save this song. You can hear him desperately coming in before the chorus to warn you, trying to save you the horrid plight of it all. Bless his soul.

biebs1-640x640.jpg

The opening: it sounds pretty at first, but after a few listens.. it's just too overdramatic to deal with. Lana starts singing and it's okay, until the bass kicks in. There are too many bass beats. This song might have done better had it been more ballad-y, with less beats and more attention to her voice and strings or something. That's why the demos are better than the album, they do the beat much differently. I still can't listen to those much those just because the chorus is so bad. The lyrics just really don't go with the beat. I'm too lazy to look it up, but someone actually did a mashup of Gaga's Judas with this song, where it was the backing track of DP with the vocal track of Judas, and I've got to say, I love that version. Gaga's lyrics to her song fit the beat of DP so much better than Lana's lyrics. Google it and see for yourself! Also, the bridge. This needs to be addressed...

"Telling me I'm FIIIIINEEE-E-E--E-E"

My god, Lana, if your haters ever poked fun about your wobbly vocals, you sure didn't prove them wrong here. The way she hits that note (or fails to, rather) is cringe-worthy. The only thing I really like about the song is the "ah-ahahsahdjshfkjhfgsj" part. Because really, it's the only line where I'm not focused on the boring/melodramatic aspect of the lyrics. It also tries too hard. I mean, was the "Dead like you" really necessary? Sometimes it's better to not directly explain what you're singing about in the song. The fact that she states that her man is dead kind of kills the illusion she was trying to build in the verses. idk.

I also really hate the weird-celestial wind chime noises in the chorus, after she says "won't be waiting on the other side." the piano in the pre-choruses is also really painful for me to hear, as it doesn't fit the rest of the backing track at all imo. this song is just such a mess. i can't :facepalm:

There is one part of the song I really love, though! :) It's after the last chorus, when the song is over.

you asked for it :hottie:

:( But there's no him, except in her dreams tonight!!! crybaby.gif

39150648115_3584eac590_o.png

Dark Paradise (surf noir version missing the bridge) > Dark Paradise (B2D version)

xbej9j.jpg

Is that the

I got the ice, you got the fire

version?

4d05b88473027157c69dadf2c058161f.jpg

But I framed and worship these lyrics like an ikon.

How could you Beel? How could you, Beel...? I thought we're the Lucky Bird Ones of a Feather..

Things is, imvvvvho, she doesn't even write it for any of us.

For the past few years, she got lucky that there are people/producers that willing to do the project with her

Anyhoo, I'm gonna karaoke to this song, especially for you Maru, only for thou:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03NooNbNC7I

Though we've got to say goodbye for the Summer

Darling, i promise you this

I'll send you all my love every day in a letter

Sealed with a kiss

Yes, it's gonna be a cold lonely Summer

But I'll fill the emptiness

I'll send you all my dreams every day in a letter

Sealed with a kiss

I'll see you in the sunlight

I'll hear your voice everywhere

I'll run to tenderly hold you

But, darling, you won't be there

I don't wanna say goodbye for the Summer

Knowing the love we'll miss

So, let us make a pledge to meet in September

And seal it with a kiss

Yes, it's gonna be a cold lonely Summer

But I'll heal the emptiness

I'll send you all my love every day in a letter

Sealed with a kiss

Sealed with a kiss

Sealed with a kiss...

..but believe me when I say that the surveillance we live under is the highest privilege compared to how we treat the rest of the world.

Scott Walker from The Walker Brothers? Not the governor of Wisconsin? Evilentity? LOL? Because his music is so damn dramatic? Like, Dark Paradise is a nursery rhyme compared to Scott Walker? Why am i putting a question mark at the end of every sentence? Do my friends and family know what i really think of them? How did we get here? How do you turn this damn machine off??

"The limits of my language mean the limits of my world." -Wittgenstein