Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

Lana needs to re-release LDR on CD and vinyl and include Trash Magic as a bonus track while she's at it. :creep:

Please, Lana. :defeated:  What do you need, a petition?

The instrumental version of BBW is fantastically creepy. Too bad she had to put that awful song on top  of it.

I'm not sure if this is an unpopular opinion but it's my opinion so I'm just gonna post it here.

The first time I heard HBTB I really hated it. It was one of the biggest let-downs I've ever experienced. But now, almost a month later, I think it's one of her best songs (not THE best, but I think it's up there).

I'm not sure if this is an unpopular opinion but it's my opinion so I'm just gonna post it here.

The first time I heard HBTB I really hated it. It was one of the biggest let-downs I've ever experienced. But now, almost a month later, I think it's one of her best songs (not THE best, but I think it's up there).

People were underwhelmed with HBTB. Not everyone but a good majority of the fan base was.

I wouldn't say HBTB is up there for me, though. It's a good song. It's "up there" with Burning Desire, sure.

People were underwhelmed with HBTB. Not everyone but a good majority of the fan base was.

I wouldn't say HBTB is up there for me, though. It's a good song. It's "up there" with Burning Desire, sure.

Only "good" thing I found about Burning Desire was the video, she looked terrific, I have to say. Of course, I don't hate the song but it didn't quite impress me that much.

obUZKpb.gif

People saying they are underwhelmed by the Honeymoon era should at least wait until she releases all the songs before passing a judgement..

I find it hard to believe someone has an artist where they love every single song released by that artist. I listen to most of Lana's songs on shuffle on a daily basis and only find myself skipping the same 2-3 songs(until they someday grow on to me and I will stop), other than that I love it.

Anyways, just wait until we see the finished product guys, we can't judge an album based on the singles released.

Lana_del_rey.gif

Ride is honestly horrific and I don't even feel bad for saying that. Not only a snoozefest but a cheesefest of grand proportions.

Also ... where's the promo for Honeymoon tbh? It may sound weird for saying this but prior to the release of Ultraviolence, she was all over the place. I remembered melting whenever get got snippets for new material (a la Brooklyn Baby). I wanna be that fucking excited for Honeymoon.

title251192345.png

Ride is honestly horrific and I don't even feel bad for saying that. Not only a snoozefest but a cheesefest of grand proportions.

Also ... where's the promo for Honeymoon tbh? It may sound weird for saying this but prior to the release of Ultraviolence, she was all over the place. I remembered melting whenever get got snippets for new material (a la Brooklyn Baby). I wanna be that fucking excited for Honeymoon.

Yes, Brooklyn Baby is one of the most iconic beautiful awesome incredible songs ever produced in the last 50-100 years.

No cynicism or sarcasism here, i mean this seriously. i really feel this. I love it. i fucking love it. :smile2:

Yes, Brooklyn Baby is one of the most iconic beautiful awesome incredible songs ever produced in the last 50-100 years.

No cynicism or sarcasism here, i mean this seriously. i really feel this. I love it. i fucking love it. :smile2:

I mean, I guess in the long run I didn't care for Brooklyn Baby in full as much as I did the snippet (I love the song a lot though!) but wow it was just soooooooo thrilling having the snippet and idek why.  :air:

title251192345.png

I honestly never liked any sort of LDR remixes, as I do feel as though they take away all her poise and her style. Just me?

I like certain LDR remixes (there were a few good Video Games and Blue Jeans ones, and a good West Coast one), but I dislike the rest. Especially the shitty Cedric Gervais ones. All of the remixes of her slow songs turn out so badly because they just slap the slow vocals over an EDM beat. -__-

giphy.gif

To my opinion Freak is the weakest song off Honeymoon

I don't know about the weakest, but it is definitely OVERhyped. I like it but I'm not blown away at all! I'm not sure what's weakest though. I haven't decided yet lol!

This prob sounds weird but I want Lana to take a hiatus/long break after Honeymoon. Releasing an album so soon after the success that was UV simply killed the hype for me... Honeymoon (or what we've heard/seen so far) seems very uninspired and quite bland compared to her other albums.

I don't want her to keep releasing stuff cause it seems to me like she's forcing herself to do it and I don't really like the outcome

do you still think this?

BzhmW.png

do you still think this?

I still haven't heard any of the tracks, I'm waiting for the official release. But MTWBT grew on me and I love Freak (the only one I listened to)

I'm also waiting for the MTWBT music video. I def feel better towards the album and from what I read it's not bland at all, can't wait to listen and judge by myself.

ZmJh1LG.jpg

I think Freak's quality falls off after the part of the snippet. The middle part of the chorus is already not as good as the first part and the second verse sounds extremely nice, however it seems improvised to fit the first one. The bridge is quite weak, it doens't fit the whole sexy and mysterious tension the rest of the song builds up. I would have preferred a bridge with darker vocals, similar to the Florida Kilo one.

And I think 24 is one of the best tracks on HM.

I also love the Honeymoon photoshoot and i think the set they chose for the (standart) CD cover, backside and booklet is great. The alternative cover is extremely meeeh to me, her face looks flat and her facial expression seems ... stupid.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!