Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

Paradise is better than Born To Die

THIS.

It's her most cohesive body of work to date. Everything about PD era was dead on perfection.

tumblr_oizsprgz5s1ux9njjo1_400.gif?w=371                                                                

The scene where she's coming out of the pool in Shades of Cool, is probably my favorite out of all her music videos. It's so breath taking: the "youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu",  the colors, her attire, and the way she cocks her head a little bit afterwards.  :flutter: 

I also really wish she'd do more makeup looks like this nowadaysgiphy.gif. I think it suits her a little better than the long, thin eyeliner she's been rocking this era and whatever she's been doing with her lips (like the way shes lining them).

Pearl-praying.webp?fit=300,200&ssl=1

gZ0f.gif

Lana's biggest mistake of 2017 was not recording a cinematic masterpiece of a music video directed by Neil Krug alongside the single cover shoot with the choker and cherry. He could have definitely brought something unique to her catalog of visuals and the video and song to go viral together. The potential was "Summertime Sadness" real.

FSYGXHa.gif

https://vimeo.com/70896432

z445hpI.png

I kinda feel the MV for "White Mustang" could've been better for "Cherry".

the mv for white mustang was for best american record, i'm convinced of it. it all makes sense, from the excessive video length to its theme to how it fits BAR lyrics.

I don't think Coachella deserves the amount of hate it gets at all :crossed: her intentions with the song were so sweet and none of yall seem to appreciate that. I do agree that it's rushed production is awful and I wish she would have worked on it a bit longer and gave it GBA/TNC sounding instrumental but you have to acknowledge the fact that she wanted it get it out quickly so we could hear it right away - it's pretty obvious she felt that sending her love was urgent. she really wanted share that with us and communicate that she thinks about us and cares for us and yall had nothing nice to say  :(

I made myself choke up while typing this I love her :')

anyways APPRECIATE COACHELLA 

XXysBlw.jpg

#JusticeForCoachella

UbsOye5.png

Paradise is not that bad. (stil her worst album/EP ever tho)

Who dares to say this when she gave us Gods and Monsters, Bel Air and a new version of Yayo? :deadbanana: That said...

Blue Velvet is cool but was it necessary? :awkney: I mean it's a pretty song with Lana's voice but why would she put a cover instead of an original song? I'm glad she ditched the covers in Lust For Life. 

tumblr_o3dsrkyP3X1ug1kl3o1_400.gif

Who dares to say this when she gave us Gods and Monsters, Bel Air and a new version of Yayo? :deadbanana: That said...

Blue Velvet is cool but was it necessary? :awkney: I mean it's a pretty song with Lana's voice but why would she put a cover instead of an original song? I'm glad she ditched the covers in Lust For Life.

I think Blue Velvet is the only cover that's been worth it (the other woman is good but I still prefer UV without it) but it would make more sense if it were a stand alone single and not on Paradise yeah

Summertime Sadness is one of my favorite Lana videos, the atmosphere is everything

This is embarrassing but, I remember when I first watched it I thought Lana was bi or something because the way she portrayed the relationship with Jaime seemed very natural (as in it was just like any other relationship she played in her videos) and I looked something up along those lines and found that picture of her and Chuck (who I thought was Jennifer Lawrence ) kissing. And younger me was very excited, I even told my friend about the picture of Chuck or "Jennifer" and her .   :facepalm: 

Pearl-praying.webp?fit=300,200&ssl=1

gZ0f.gif

I wish Bel-Air had a better scene in Tropico, because that is one of my favorite songs.

Lol does anyone remember how lana and the guy floated up to the sky with one leg up?

THIS.

It's her most cohesive body of work to date. Everything about PD era was dead on perfection.

That is so true. 

I miss everything about that era, her style, her videos, just UGH

Kinda off topic, but...

I almost faught a girl on twitter for calling Lana a witch and saying that her music was hexxed.

tumblr_n9t9baKLaK1sj5r1lo1_500.gif

I find a lot of her 2011/2012 performances just straight up bad. I always see comments defending her vocal mishaps saying that it's "unique" or "emotional" when it's really just bad singing. The Concert Prive performance was especially tragic. But she's come such a long way from all of that :xcry: