Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

west coast is overrated. its a good song but y'all overhype it. there are better songs on ultraviolence

Like Black Beauty for instance :hooker:

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif

Lana's best lips were in 2014.

Pearl-praying.webp?fit=300,200&ssl=1

gZ0f.gif

lanas best visuals were in honeymoon

giphy.gifgiphy.giftumblr_nubx3gCo2y1txslclo2_500.gifgiphy.gifgiphy.giftumblr_o9f60xBdR31tcg2hgo1_250.giftumblr_nt17w7mGVT1r9ih9zo3_500.giftumblr_o2bnwpG3831t3ntjro7_400.gif

HM is incredibly gorgeous, it could have been so much better though. Imagine these types of visuals combined with production (or at least the amount put into it) like we got throughout BTD/P and hell, even UV.

It really was an album with deserved so much more.

*Although I'm still not a fan of the freak video, I think the only part that really fits is when the chorus hits and you get that pink filter but thats just my opinion.

Pearl-praying.webp?fit=300,200&ssl=1

gZ0f.gif

I know we all (including me) make fun of how Lana dresses, but at the same time I think it makes her seem less contrived. I think this is going to sound snotty, but hear me out! I was thinking about how much I hate Halsey and Melanie Martinez ( :creep: I know). It's 90% their look, and I think they (mainly Halsey) have really juvenile lyrics, but that's beside the point. Everything they do feels so contrived and planned. While Lana on the other feels much more genuine. Seeing Lana in her TJ Maxxx street style getting coffee makes her whole persona seem real. I think a lot of my own personal basis are coming out right now. I really don't like modern fashion, I'm not big on unnatural hair colors(no issue with dying your hair ofc), ect. so maybe when I see someone who looks like that I automatically roll my eyes and think it's contrived. i have a feeling a lot of this is going to be taken wrong, but it is what it is.

TL;DR I think most popstars are contrived and boring, and I think Lana's goofy soccer mom look makes her feel less contrived. I sound like that one r/relationship post were that guy's girlfriend only listened to Lana Del Rey, Georgian Chants, and Russian Folk Music. :creep:

You don’t need to wear extravagant clothes when you can shine with your talent.

I think I am the only one ever to say that Dan Heath is my favourite Lana producer but here's why:

• He does the DH remix of West Coast + the DH Orchestral version for Young & Beautiful which are FLAWLESS
  • He produced Blue Jeans which was the first Lana song I became obsessed with
  • He did the National Anthem strings which are genius and iconic
  • He did the strings in Ride and Gods & Monsters which are even MORE GENIUS AND ICONIC
  • He did Yayo and Bel Air which are her most heavenly songs
  • He did the orchestrual intro to 13 Beaches, the REAL start of the LFL album
  • He produced Ultraviolence (song) and Fucked My Way Up To The Top which are my favourite song productions on that album
  • HE DID LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL and ONCE UPON A DREAM
  • DAN HEATH IS JESUS???????

Can she just work with him from now on...on like everything?

tumblr_n9t9baKLaK1sj5r1lo1_500.gif