Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

Coachella song fits the corona mode so bad, when she said "got a million things i wanna say, like what is it all for? will it be okay?" i cried for the first time bc of what's happening lol like i've been feeling like what's happening now to the whole world is so weird and i really want an answer so yeah this is a bit dramatic but honestly thing songs fits what's going on so bad 

:smile3:

derailing from the obvious hot topic but the new unreleased leaks we've been getting are subpar compared to the OG leaks. i dont think lana's post-BTD unreleased are all that good except for BAR demo

I agree. It’s like you can almost tell she was losing a bit of inspiration after BTD (lyrically).

derailing from the obvious hot topic but the new unreleased leaks we've been getting are subpar compared to the OG leaks. i dont think lana's post-BTD unreleased are all that good except for BAR demo

I agree. It’s like you can almost tell she was losing a bit of inspiration after BTD (lyrically).

I think the the 2013-2014 leaks were still really good lyrically, and the Honeymoon/Lust for Life eras were pretty good too, but NFR just had such lackluster lyrics. Idk if she actually lost inspiration or if she was just trying to fit into the mainstream and appeal to critics or if her new lyrical direction is just what happens to inspire her now. Her voice is gorgeous, which helps, but I really do hope NFR isn't indicative of her new musical direction. I do love a few of the songs on the songs on the album, but I'm hoping the next album has more cinematic production and more dramatic lyricism (but either way I'll buy and listen lol).

She looks unrecognizable in the last few pics we’ve seen. Her face at the end of that last poem video...who even was that?

I’m all for plastic surgery but she looked better before. Is it fillers? Her face looks so puffy and just weird.

tenor.gif?itemid=9308137

let's be real, all you bitches wanna look like me

She looks unrecognizable in the last few pics we’ve seen. Her face at the end of that last poem video...who even was that?

I’m all for plastic surgery but she looked better before. Is it fillers? Her face looks so puffy and just weird.

I think she's just aging. It doesn't look as if she's had any more work done. I could be wrong.

:sluttybunny:🌧️

Yea the fillers have changed her face a bit, but some of you really aren’t used to seeing someone putting on weight, ageing, wearing no makeup. Tbh I don’t enjoy people commenting on others looks

i like your ultra-violent swing :grinds:

LFL and NFR were not Lana Del Rey albums and I think that's why they were disappointing to me and I didn't enjoy them very much. Lana Del Rey is tragic, dramatic, cinematic, larger than life, glamorous, etc. NFR was maybe like a modern May Jailer, idk who LFL was but I'm not interested in finding out anyways lmfao. I hope COCC brings the return of Miss Del Rey, though it really doesn't sound like it will. White Hot Forever was such a Lana title I'm sad she changed it :/ I'm really not interested in Lana's out of touch takes on reality lmfao. I go to her music for escapism, I don't want to hear lyrics about ipads or revolutions or that she has a tile floor and takes anti depressants or whatever or i'll literally kill myself like i need a break

Jack's production is so boring and lackluster. ik yall keep  saying "but that's what she wanted! that's what they were going for!" then.... that's sad for them  :awk:

UbsOye5.png

Idk what you all are on about with her lyrics being lack luster. I guess if you’re talking about pop song writing I get where you’re coming from. We will definitely never get another song as tightly written as video games or national anthem, but who cares if we get more more music like mariners. Her song writing has gotten so much better since btd and ultra.

her songwriting has gotten so much better since born to die i have no idea what you're all on about lol. i definitely understand people missing a more lush and cinematic vibe to her instrumentals, but lyrically she's only improved. and personally, i think Norman is cinematic in its own way. it feels more like an indie film where born to die feels old hollywood.

giphy.gif

I’ve never listened to NFR all the way through-I just find it bland even mariners doesn’t really strike me,I hate piano with her voice mostly tbh,I know she won’t but wish she would experiment with her higher full voice and collaborate with someone who won’t take no.

I’ve never listened to NFR all the way through-I just find it bland even mariners doesn’t really strike me,I hate piano with her voice mostly tbh,I know she won’t but wish she would experiment with her higher full voice and collaborate with someone who won’t take no.

The only time I really loved listening to it was one week before it was released when I had the low quality leaks. 

It was glorious sitting in the sun on my veranda with a cigarette, listening to the songs brand new. I only let myself do that 3 times before the release. It was nice to hear them in high quality but the album really never spoke to me again.

her songwriting has gotten so much better since born to die i have no idea what you're all on about lol. i definitely understand people missing a more lush and cinematic vibe to her instrumentals, but lyrically she's only improved. and personally, i think Norman is cinematic in its own way. it feels more like an indie film where born to die feels old hollywood.

I find that yes, I hear more maturity in her recent albums, but I don't think maturity always equals better song writing. He old lyrical style evoked so much more visuals and emotion in me. It wasn't just the instrumentals, as the acoustic demos get to me just as much, if not more.

Can you tell me a bit more about why you think her writing has gotten better? I'd really like to know tbh  :ohno:

And btw I like your comparison of old Hollywood vs indie film! 

I find that yes, I hear more maturity in her recent albums, but I don't think maturity always equals better song writing. He old lyrical style evoked so much more visuals and emotion in me. It wasn't just the instrumentals, as the acoustic demos get to me just as much, if not more.

Can you tell me a bit more about why you think her writing has gotten better? I'd really like to know tbh  :ohno:

And btw I like your comparison of old Hollywood vs indie film!

in my opinion, she's just gotten sharper in her observations of the world around her. she seems to have taken real time to turn not only inward but toward the world around her. i also just love that she's able to have albums like Norman (soft, gentle, and free-flowing) coexist with albums like Ultraviolence which are way more cinematic and lush.

giphy.gif

LFL and NFR were not Lana Del Rey albums and I think that's why they were disappointing to me and I didn't enjoy them very much. Lana Del Rey is tragic, dramatic, cinematic, larger than life, glamorous, etc. NFR was maybe like a modern May Jailer, idk who LFL was but I'm not interested in finding out anyways lmfao. I hope COCC brings the return of Miss Del Rey, though it really doesn't sound like it will. White Hot Forever was such a Lana title I'm sad she changed it :/ I'm really not interested in Lana's out of touch takes on reality lmfao. I go to her music for escapism, I don't want to hear lyrics about ipads or revolutions or that she has a tile floor and takes anti depressants or whatever or i'll literally kill myself like i need a break

Jack's production is so boring and lackluster. ik yall keep  saying "but that's what she wanted! that's what they were going for!" then.... that's sad for them  :awk:

I just want to say that all of your comments mean so much to me, I find a lot of validity in them. You have all pinpointed how I feel about Lana's image, lyricism and melodies post-Honeymoon. 

in my opinion, she's just gotten sharper in her observations of the world around her. she seems to have taken real time to turn not only inward but toward the world around her. i also just love that she's able to have albums like Norman (soft, gentle, and free-flowing) coexist with albums like Ultraviolence which are way more cinematic and lush.

I like that you think that way, and I honestly wish I did too. Trust me, I hate that I don't like nfr, because everyone else is enjoying it so much and I'm here trying really hard to as well.

From my perspective, the way she turned to the outerworld seemed rather forced, and not a natural or authentic progess, as if she felt like she had to, not that she wanted to, and because those she surrounds herself with were influencing her.

The way she writes about the outer world doesnt seem anywhere near as mature and interesting as, for example, Father John Misty, Garbage, or basically any artists she herself listens to and loves. 

It's like there is no message or stance in her 'outer-world' songs besides "I'm just thinking about it". I wish she'd be a little more direct, the way she is with how she feels, or at least have waited until she knew what she was trying to say before singing about 'outer world' matters.